View Poll Results: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

Voters
137. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    126 91.97%
  • No

    11 8.03%
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 185

Thread: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?[W:143]

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    If it is a racist movement, so what?


    In a legal technicality sense, racist movements of all colors should be protected under the law the same way Gay or LGBT movements are. The hypocrisy here is astounding.


    If Communists want to rally, so what?

    If Nazis want to rally, so what?

    If Black Nationalists want to rally, so what?

    If Gays want to rally, so what?


    They should all be afforded the same rights. The LGBT movements around the world are just as extreme in their demands as other movements if not more so. It's wrong and I believe that in the future all manner of groups will have equal rights, something movements such as the LGBT and others will find galling in the end.
    I don't want to use the government to suppress bigot's right to free expression. I think it is best to allow them to speak freely so that their true opinions are exposed. However, the fools should be corrected, exposed and mocked. At times they should be opposed by speaking out, doing boycotts and protesting. At other times it is best to ignore and marginalize them as the small number of extremist idiots that they are. If and when they gain enough power and start implementing discrimination and begin their attacks, they need to be imprisoned or killed and their efforts sabotaged.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    06-27-15 @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    2,191

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    I don't want to use the government to suppress bigot's right to free expression. I think it is best to allow them to speak freely so that their true opinions are exposed. However, the fools should be corrected, exposed and mocked. At times they should be opposed by speaking out, boycotts and protesting. At other times it is best to ignore and marginalize them as the small number of extremist idiots that they are.

    Okay I accept that's your position. Now I'm going to do something that you won't like but is very accurate and shows your hypocrisy. Understand I get what you mean though, ultimately.


    ( This is just an example) You- "I don't want to use the government to suppress Gays right to free expression. I think it is best to allow them to speak freely so that their true opinions are exposed. However, the gays should be corrected, exposed and mocked. At times Gays should be opposed by speaking out, boycotts and protesting. At other times it is best to ignore and marginalize them as the small number of extremist Gays that they are."



    Now do you see what I mean? Flip a few words around and you sound like you're very much oppressing the very type of minority movements you claim to want to protect. Just because you disagree with them doesn't make their movements somehow worthy of discrimination just as Gays shouldn't be discriminated against just because they're gay, nor should a Nazi, Black Nationalist or Communist.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    ....Again, timeline is important - are you claiming the proposed solution or request at the inception of the EDL or once the extremists and British nazi movement had infiltrated?
    If they consider immigrants or any other particular group to be the problem, they are bigots.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan5 View Post
    Okay I accept that's your position. Now I'm going to do something that you won't like but is very accurate and shows your hypocrisy. Understand I get what you mean though, ultimately.


    ( This is just an example) You- "I don't want to use the government to suppress Gays right to free expression. I think it is best to allow them to speak freely so that their true opinions are exposed. However, the gays should be corrected, exposed and mocked. At times Gays should be opposed by speaking out, boycotts and protesting. At other times it is best to ignore and marginalize them as the small number of extremist Gays that they are."



    Now do you see what I mean? Flip a few words around and you sound like you're very much oppressing the very type of minority movements you claim to want to protect. Just because you disagree with them doesn't make their movements somehow worthy of discrimination just as Gays shouldn't be discriminated against just because they're gay, nor should a Nazi, Black Nationalist or Communist.
    I don't have a problem with people using those strategies to oppose anything or anyone they don't like because those techniques are all within the realm of free expression. I don't buy the claim that being being opposed to bigotry and bigots makes me a bigot. But if you want to claim that I am bigoted against nationalists, racists and other bigots I don't mind.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    If they consider immigrants or any other particular group to be the problem, they are bigots.
    [/Sigh]

    maybe this will get through. Do you ascribe the modern Democrat party of the US to be the same as the Democrat party that was involved with the KKK?

    Can you and Hatuey understand that movements may evolve and change? Sometimes the change takes months, sometimes years..

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    [/Sigh]

    maybe this will get through. Do you ascribe the modern Democrat party of the US to be the same as the Democrat party that was involved with the KKK?

    Can you and Hatuey understand that movements may evolve and change? Sometimes the change takes months, sometimes years..
    Based on their manifesto, they still seem to consider immigrants a problem. My impression is that they are just watering down their tone and language to broaden their appeal, yet it is still based on an excessive sense of entitlement, exagerated fears and bigotry. A better comparison is the way David Duke expressed himself during his more recent runs for office.

  7. #117
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Truth View Post
    Based on their manifesto, they still seem to consider immigrants a problem --
    If you've read their manifesto, feel free to post the specific bits you are concerned about.

    As I posted (post 2) in response to the OP, a Mod (German Guy) has posted a full critique and discussion on the movement. He is not a nazi, does not feel immigrants a re a problem and has examined PEGIDA as it was. Obviously in 6 months or 100 years as in the Democrats, things may have changed

  8. #118
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    I don't care if PEGIDA is "racist" or not. As long as its members are against Muslim jihadists, it's fine with me. I hope at least some European nations will come to their senses and deport every Muslim troublemaker they find. Intern them, even, if necessary. Either way, they would be getting off far easier than they might have.

    Muslims around the world are lucky there are no nations that are both extremely powerful and have rulers as savage as the jihadists themselves. What if the U.S., for example, instead of being a civilized nation, had a government like Germany's during the Third Reich? An attack like 9/11, which was in part an attempt to destroy the U.S. government, would have been answered with a final solution to the Islamist problem. That probably would have consisted of using nuclear weapons to incinerate most of the world's billion-and-a-half Muslims, innocent and guilty alike, and sending all the survivors that could be caught to extermination camps.

  9. #119
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Looks like one of those things that didn't start off as racist and only against Islamic fundamentalism taking root in their communities, and then things went left.....or should I say right?

    I voted "yes."
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  10. #120
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Is PEGIDA a racist movement pretending not to be?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    yes I know but I believe in law rules that are regulated according to the social circumstances
    which is what arbitration is... and what Sharia law is in the west, because it is basic contract and arbitration law. Hence people using sharia law are no different than a couple using arbitration to solve a divorce or a company using contracts to dictate what should be done in a dispute. If they disagree.. hello normal legal system, which is always above any Sharia law, or Halakhah law and so on.

    The problem is that people actually think that Sharia law is being practised in its fullest which is ridiculous in any modern western society.. hell even in most modern Islamic countries. But that does not mean that aspects of Sharia law are not just common sense or full acceptable in even a Christian or Jewish country.. because guess what, both faiths have similar restrictions. Hell I would claim that Jewish law on things like divorce are far far worse than anything in Islamic law.
    PeteEU

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •