View Poll Results: Well?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a liberal: conservatives are evil

    158 46.88%
  • I'm a conservative: liberals are evil

    3 0.89%
  • I'm a liberal: conservatives aren't evil

    23 6.82%
  • I'm a conservative: liberals aren't evil

    136 40.36%
  • Ban Morality Games

    17 5.04%
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 222

Thread: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

  1. #41
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:33 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,336

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    It makes horrible foreign policy.
    Well, that depends on the situation. But it is often not the best approach.

  2. #42
    Sage
    faithful_servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Central Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,694

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Would you say some NAZIs were good NAZIs?
    Huh??? What does that have to do with my post??? You made a hate-filed, bigotry ridden post and I used some posts by other members to point it out. So where does the whole Nazi connection come in?? Based on your first post, my guess is that you're not all that bright, so I'll let you take few hours to formulate a response...
    Our nation has not always lived up to its ideals, yet those ideals have never ceased to guide us. They expose our flaws, and lead us to mend them. We are the beneficiaries of the work of the generations before us and it is each generation's responsibility to continue that work. - Laura Bush

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    Conservatives are evil.

    There. I've said it and I mean it.

    The major forces behind conservatism as it exists in America today are willful ignorance and malice. Conservatism demands of its adherents a willingness to accept all manner of injustices without anything beyond a cursory consideration of their causes and further demands a willingness to punish those who aren't part of the mainstream. Witness conservatism's rejection of any attempt to alleviate the pain of the poor who suffer without healthcare and the emotional distress of social outcasts such as gays and lesbians.

    Americans never can call themselves civilized as long as they allow conservatism to exist.
    Partisans are ****ing useless. I'm not a fan of conservative worldview and much its policy, but this post is about as ignorant as it gets about conservatism. Conservatives are no more evil than are liberals or libertarians. Members of each group want to make this country a better place to live, they just have varied ways of getting there. And frankly, each group has their good ideas and well as their bad ones. Conservatives and liberals overlap plenty, liberals and libertarians overlap plenty, conservatives and libertarians overlap plenty. But nobody is all that focused on what we all have in common, but rather what we don't. Which is why we are seeing a political standstill in Washington due to partisan politics and ideological purity.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Short list please. Top 5 perhaps.
    1. Abortion, and the entire Liberal approach to the subject, full stop
    2. The impulsively hedonistic, irresponsible, and self-serving "If it feels good, do it" mentality so common to the social Left
    3. The Left's latent obsession with tearing down the family and productive social structures in general in favor of the chaos of #2
    4. The rampant anti-humanism endemic to a large portion of the more "Environmentally conscious" Left (often linked with #1)
    5. The almost militant anti-religiosity common to the intellectual Left

    I'd also argue that "moral relativism" is an intrinsically "evil" ideological idea. It tends to be rather intrinsic to the Leftist mindset as well.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 02-26-15 at 12:01 PM.

  5. #45
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Huh??? What does that have to do with my post??? You made a hate-filed, bigotry ridden post and I used some posts by other members to point it out. So where does the whole Nazi connection come in?? Based on your first post, my guess is that you're not all that bright, so I'll let you take few hours to formulate a response...

    You said:

    Anyone who thinks that all members of any group are evil based upon the actions of some members of that group is a bigot.
    I'll let my fellow member of DP address this piece of work....
    So, do you think all members of the group "NAZIs" were evil or were some good?
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  6. #46
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    Anyone who subscribes to the universe revolving around this political duality is insane, or stupid, or both.
    Are you saying not all political perspectives are on the liberal - conservative continuum?
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    I suppose, by collectivist, you mean progressive. If that's the case, you comment is ridiculous.

    Conservative is just another way to say "low-effort thinker." Low-effort thinking leads to ignorance and that's a hallmark of conservatism. Witness the woefully under-informed support for Keystone XL by conservatives. No matter how often the facts are laid-out, conservatives insist it would create jobs and be "good for America." That's utterly absurd and any substantive analysis of the issue proves it.
    I use the terms "collectivist," "statist," "leftist," and "commie" more or less interchangeably. They all describe a political philosophy that is fundamentally un-American.

    Your posts have proven the point I was making many times. I am happy to see you do it once more.

  8. #48
    Guru
    Joe Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri, USA
    Last Seen
    05-11-16 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,054

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    I use the terms "collectivist," "statist," "leftist," and "commie" more or less interchangeably. They all describe a political philosophy that is fundamentally un-American.

    Your posts have proven the point I was making many times. I am happy to see you do it once more.
    Collectivists believe in promoting and providing for the general welfare. Is that unamerican?
    Proud to be a tax and spend leftist.

    Proud supporter of the real Second Amendment.

  9. #49
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,544

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gathomas88 View Post
    1. Abortion, and the entire Liberal approach to the subject, full stop
    2. The impulsively hedonistic, irresponsible, and self-serving "If it feels good, do it" mentality so common to the social Left
    3. The Left's latent obsession with tearing down the family and productive social structures in general in favor of the chaos of #2
    4. The rampant anti-humanism endemic to a large portion of the more "Environmentally conscious" Left (often linked with #1)
    5. The almost militant anti-religiosity common to the intellectual Left

    I'd also argue that "moral relativism" is an intrinsically "evil" ideological idea. It tends to be rather intrinsic to the Leftist mindset as well.
    So you hate freedom. That's what you are basically saying. You don't like it when people have choices.

    Choice = Evil

    That's pretty much your entire point.
    Wastin' time, like it was free - Godsmack

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Charleston, South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-02-16 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    28,659

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    So you hate freedom. That's what you are basically saying. You don't like it when people have choices.

    Choice = Evil

    That's pretty much your entire point.
    The death, depravity, chaos, and generally self-destructive impulses the Left likes to confuse with "freedom," perhaps.

    Funny thing about that, however. The Left only really seems to respect "choice" so long as the choices made happen fall in line with its own way of thinking.
    Last edited by Gathomas88; 02-26-15 at 12:41 PM.

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •