View Poll Results: Well?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a liberal: conservatives are evil

    158 46.88%
  • I'm a conservative: liberals are evil

    3 0.89%
  • I'm a liberal: conservatives aren't evil

    23 6.82%
  • I'm a conservative: liberals aren't evil

    136 40.36%
  • Ban Morality Games

    17 5.04%
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 222

Thread: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

  1. #101
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    I never defended nazism. I'm defending the nuances of the human mind.
    I don't claim to know what went on every single individual nazis soldiers mind. Like you are claiming.


    I have never claimed any such thing and I defy you to post a comment where I said that.

    But OTOH I have never defended any NAZIs.
    The NAZIs chose to become NAZIs and they deserve whatever price that they paid.

  2. #102
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You did say it was isolated. You said my examples were isolated. In other words, you changed your mind when I called your post out for the garbage that it was.
    Some of your examples were isolated. I wasn't going to address each one.

    My point still stands. There is a distinction that separates hate crimes from other crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  3. #103
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,068

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Some of your examples were isolated. I wasn't going to address each one.

    My point still stands. There is a distinction that separates hate crimes from other crimes.
    None of my examples were isolated. You said that hate crimes impact the community more than non-hate crimes. I showed you how incorrect you were. ALL crimes impact the community and it's disingenuous and childish to say otherwise to attempt to advance your talking point.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #104
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I have never claimed any such thing and I defy you to post a comment where I said that.

    But OTOH I have never defended any NAZIs.
    My question to you is do you choose to not contemplate that possibility of a nazi soldier who may not have liked what he was doing because there is no intellectual logical reason to do so or because you want to stand on principal. I.e "It was a bad thing so I want bother to venture into that possibility.

    If you can accept human mind is complex that you also have to accept that people who do bad things may do things for a wide variety of reasons.

    Some children caught up with bad apples may partake in things they don't feel comfortable with doing but they do anyway because of peer pressure.

    That is a real thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  5. #105
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    None of my examples were isolated. You said that hate crimes impact the community more than non-hate crimes. I showed you how incorrect you were. ALL crimes impact the community and it's disingenuous and childish to say otherwise to attempt to advance your talking point.
    Yes they were.

    Many of your examples are examples are opportunists criminals.

    All crimes do not impact communities the same way. You are disingenuous to suggest that.

    A crime committed in a dark back alley simply because the opportunity presented it's self is not going to effect a community 10 miles down the road.

    However that same crime done because the person is Gay will effect all gays because they all are gay and thus are a potential victims no matter were they are.

    Again that is the distinction.

    And that is why hate crimes actually exists and your refutation against Hate crime statutes existing never hold any water.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  6. #106
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,068

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Yes they were.

    Many of your examples are examples are opportunists criminals.

    All crimes do not impact communities the same way. You are disingenuous to suggest that.

    A crime committed in a dark back alley simply because the opportunity presented it's self is not going to effect a community 10 miles down the road.

    However that same crime done because the person is Gay will effect all gays because they all are gay and thus are a potential victims no matter were they are.

    Again that is the distinction.

    And that is why hate crimes actually exists and your refutation against Hate crime statutes existing never hold any water.
    Oh I get it now. It's better if your daughter and grandchildren are slaughtered by an opportunist criminal. And if there are random home invasions that result in death and they're being committed by opportunist criminals, you'll sleep like a baby in spite of that. Of course.

    Ugh, I have to stop reading you before I hurl all over my keyboard.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #107
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Oh I get it now. It's better if your daughter and grandchildren are slaughtered by an opportunist criminal. Of course.

    Ugh, I have to stop reading you before I hurl all over my keyboard.


    Oh, I'm sorry you can't manage a debate without using a strawman fallacy.

    Go ahead hurl and then perhaps brush up on your debating tactics. Because they are piss poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  8. #108
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,834
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Easy answer.

    Texas executes man in race-motivated dragging death | Reuters

    (Reuters) - Texas executed a white supremacist on Wednesday convicted of helping to kill a black man by dragging him behind a truck in what some call the most notorious race crime of the post-Civil Rights era.

    Lawrence Russell Brewer, 44, was convicted of capital murder along with two other men also found guilty of taking part in the kidnapping and slaying of James Byrd Jr. in 1998.
    Again, clearly dragging a man behind a truck is a heinous crime, and charged with murder, he'll serve life, or he'll be executed (Texas after all), which he richly deserves.

    What's the point in the hate crime murder? You gonna execute him 2 times?

    Or is it to make sure that demands of the black community are met to have such a crime?

    I'm sure that had he dragged to death a white man behind his truck, that he'd have gotten some sort of hate crime charge. Yeah, right.

    So in this case, how is it not that this hate crime law is fundamentally racist and discriminatory? It's clearly giving preferential, protected class status, to someone of a particular race, is it not?
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  9. #109
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,834
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Crimes are always judged by the damage they inflict. Hate crimes inflict more damage.
    Maybe true, maybe not. That still doesn't go far in justifying the need for a special hate statues, nor the need for special protected classes in the shadow of those statues, when the normal statues are more than adequate to address the legal needs.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

  10. #110
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,834
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    Crimes are always judged by the damage they inflict. Hate crimes inflict more damage.
    I'll agree with you that the punishment for a crime is proportional to the damage the crime inflicts.
    I'm less convinced that the crime changes, depending on how much or severe the damage.
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •