View Poll Results: Well?

Voters
337. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm a liberal: conservatives are evil

    158 46.88%
  • I'm a conservative: liberals are evil

    3 0.89%
  • I'm a liberal: conservatives aren't evil

    23 6.82%
  • I'm a conservative: liberals aren't evil

    136 40.36%
  • Ban Morality Games

    17 5.04%
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 222

Thread: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

  1. #91
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Unlike the guy who rapes and kills a young mother and 2 of children in cold blood because he doesn't hate them, right? Or the woman who shoots the old neighbor to get drug money, because she loves her, right? Or how about the guy who rapes and strangles the young girl he followed in the Target store who went there for wrapping paper for her boyfriend's birthday present - he just adored her, right?

    And the loves ones of those people, they should feel so much better because these were crimes of love.
    You're putting words in my mouth.

    Hate crimes take into an account the desire to harm an entire community as well.

    You examples are isolated. A hate crime isn't.

    Hate crime is still defined by the viciousness and conviction in which they are committed. They are, almost invariably, always more violent and sadistic.

    These distinctions separate them from opportunist or isolated attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  2. #92
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    I'm sure it was.
    That doesn't mean that soldiers who claimed that where not actually in those cognitive positions.




    It didn't stop them from dying with a noose around their neck.

    Why do want to defend NAZIs?

  3. #93
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Hating someone or not, isn't that a moral issue? Do you care that one person hates another, as long as they don't act on it?

    So aren't hate crimes an attempt to legislate morality? Isn't that something many have already admitted the legal system is ill-equipped to do, legislate morality?

    If you hate is turned into violent action. And it's evident either by your admission or the nature of your crime then it's addressed as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  4. #94
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    [/COLOR][/B]



    It didn't stop them from dying with a noose around their neck.

    Why do want to defend NAZIs?
    I never defended nazism. I'm defending the nuances of the human mind. I don't claim to know what went on every single individual nazis soldiers mind. Like you are claiming.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  5. #95
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Meaning you want one of my sons to be killed right after he announces he's gay so I can test my theory?


    Those are your thoughts and words, not mine.

    Deal with it.




    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

  6. #96
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    You make my point for me.

    'messages', 'psychological', these are now the foundations on which the criminal statues are built? Not what you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt? Not physical evidence? Not forensic evidence?

    When are those that are easily intimidated going to get their protected class, and those that are gregarious or a tad overbearing, or perhaps just taller in stature, be charged with 'being intimidating' or 'having intimidating' thoughts?

    (Yeah OK, I'll admit up front that this is a bit of a stretch, but still, for the sake of argument . . . . )
    Crimes are always judged by the damage they inflict. Hate crimes inflict more damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  7. #97
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    You're putting words in my mouth.

    Hate crimes take into an account the desire to harm an entire community as well.

    You examples are isolated. A hate crime isn't.

    Hate crime is still defined by the viciousness and conviction in which they are committed. They are, almost invariably, always more violent and sadistic.

    These distinctions separate them from opportunist or isolated attacks.
    Oh, so the community isn't impacted by random acts of violence? Really?

    Yes, a man can break into bedrooms on a college campus and rape and slaughter sorority sisters, but that's isolated. No other women would have any reason to fear. Is that right? A man can break into a woman's house in the middle of the night, and rape and beat her to death, but life goes on as normal for all of the other housewives the next day, and it's all no big deal. A 5 year old can get snatched from her front yard by a car driven by a man who rapes and stabs her to death, and no other parent of a kid feels any impact from that at all, and all mothers just let their kids play unsupervised forever. Hell, those 5 year olds can just take care of themselves!

    This has to be a joke.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #98
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,910

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    LOL. That's a good one. Granted, a rather morbid subject, but still, always good to inject a bit a humor. Thanks.


    Indeed. My point exactly. It's the crime, not the motivation, yet all these hate crimes are geared about the motivation, as another poster pointed out (thanks), which is far less compelling when presented than the physical evidence. It raises all kinds of questions as to 'how did you know that this was the defendant's motivation' for example, and how can one person really know another person's motivation? We have mind reading equipment now?
    Easy answer.

    Texas executes man in race-motivated dragging death | Reuters

    (Reuters) - Texas executed a white supremacist on Wednesday convicted of helping to kill a black man by dragging him behind a truck in what some call the most notorious race crime of the post-Civil Rights era.

    Lawrence Russell Brewer, 44, was convicted of capital murder along with two other men also found guilty of taking part in the kidnapping and slaying of James Byrd Jr. in 1998.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  9. #99
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Oh, so the community isn't impacted by random acts of violence? Really?
    It's not a joke.

    If a man is raping women because he hates them that is a hate crime and can be charged as such. And is, often times.

    I never said that was isolated.

    If a housewife is attacked in a alley, for instance, in some obscure part of town. The community from which she comes will be saddened but the reality is they won't feel any danger in that. Because not many of them will be planning on walking down alleys alone.

    However if they housewife is murdered in an obscure alley because she is white then - no matter where you may be if you are white you feel in danger.

    That is the distinction whether you can grasp that or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  10. #100
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Liberals and Conservatives: Are adherents of the rival ideology evil?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    It's not a joke.

    If a man is raping women because he hates them that is a hate crime and can be charged as such. And is, often times.

    I never said that was isolated.

    If a housewife is attacked in a alley, for instance, in some obscure part of town. The community from which she comes will be saddened but the reality is they won't feel any danger in that. Because not many of them will be planning on walking down alleys alone.

    However if they housewife is murdered in an obscure alley because she is white then - no matter where you may be if you are white you feel in danger.

    That is the distinction whether you can grasp that or not.

    You did say it was isolated. You said my examples were isolated. In other words, you changed your mind when I called your post out for the garbage that it was.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •