View Poll Results: Should the US military be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

Voters
453. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 1.55%
  • No

    446 98.45%
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 209

Thread: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I am forced to pay my bills. Therefore I'm a slave, according to you. And I'm working off debt, so I'm a slave even according to me.

    Therefore I have nothing to lose.
    You agreed to pay back your debt and pay your bills. Fail.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    True, but even in those cases they provide their labor to their employer. If they were forced to provide that labor it would be slavery.
    If you say. But you are wrong. By your standard everyone in the service is a slave. Because its not like you can just quit.

  3. #153
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Which one accomplishes the goal of making the common person personally feel the pain of a poorly cast vote?
    is it your view, that you want normal citizens to have to have first hand experience of war OR what the reality is going to mean to them when politicians today send out troops all over the world for anything stupid?

    the founders would have never believed in sending militia over into foreign lands.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Why not just a pointed stick?
    A rifle has no use against aircraft, armor, and certainly not against nuclear weapons.
    Another thought...if small arms can't harm aircraft, why aren't guns allowed into an airport's "clean zone"?

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    If you say. But you are wrong. By your standard everyone in the service is a slave. Because its not like you can just quit.
    That is called a contract that they agreed to.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You agreed to pay back your debt and pay your bills. Fail.
    No I didn't, and I have the garnishment paperwork to prove it. I put off paying them for as long as I could.

  7. #157
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    If you say. But you are wrong. By your standard everyone in the service is a slave. Because its not like you can just quit.
    in a sense its true you are a slave, because you are now government property, and you have given up your rights as a citizen, and have now accepted the UCMJ.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No I didn't, and I have the garnishment paperwork to prove it. I put off paying them for as long as I could.
    Yes, that is what happens when you fail to uphold your word.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    is it your view, that you want normal citizens to have to have first hand experience of war OR what the reality is going to mean to them when politicians today send out troops all over the world for anything stupid?

    the founders would have never believed in sending militia over into foreign lands.
    We've been sending our militias overseas for as long as we've had both militias and foreign wars. It even came to head, governors unwilling to send their militias on the President's order, and that' why a Guardsman's enlistment contract stipulates simultaneous enlistment in both their state guard and the federal guard.

    Anyway, yes, I want the regular person to feel the cost of their vote. If you support a guy, and he wins, and he sends troops to war, you should be on the plane.

    It's basically a "put your money where your mouth is" attitude.

  10. #160
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Who thinks the US military should be replaced with a citizen defensive body?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    Not to mention being unofficially covered by the U.S. nuclear umbrella
    That too, Switzerland can afford to not have an actual army because other countries are fighting the fights that they profit from. And they also profit from the enemies of the US by storing the money of these enemies in their banks.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •