View Poll Results: In your opinion, do you view Malcolm X as a positive figure in American history, or a

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive

    157 81.35%
  • Negative

    18 9.33%
  • Other

    18 9.33%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 124

Thread: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

  1. #41
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, but obviously you're not, because simply mentioning Mein Kampf doesn't apply.
    Godwin's law states "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." Mein Kamph is Hitler's manifesto. You compared a book about Malcom X to the manifesto of a genocidal maniac. The fact you would compare the two is absurd.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You want to point fingers and you can't even spell it? How many degrees do you have?
    Oh grow up, people make errors all the time. Are you going to honestly claim you have spelled everything correctly 100% of the time?
    The GOP loves standards. They love standards so much, they got two of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,284

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Maybe he should have moved to The Soviet Union? See how they treated him.
    I'm confused. Are you saying he should have just been happy with the way the country treated African Americans because other countries may have treated them worse?

  3. #43
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,908

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    wait.. Tom Cruise and John Travolta preach hate , violence, and racism?... got a link?
    Scientology practices are actually worse than a little hate speech.
    What's Wrong with Scientology? | Scientology Lies

  4. #44
    Sage
    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,284

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    Marines seem to have no problem in that respect
    There is truth in that.

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by CMPancake View Post
    Godwin's law states "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1." Mein Kamph is Hitler's manifesto. You compared a book about Malcom X to the manifesto of a genocidal maniac. The fact you would compare the two is absurd.
    So, you get to amend someone else's words? A little plagiaristic, aren't we?



    Oh grow up, people make errors all the time. Are you going to honestly claim you have spelled everything correctly 100% of the time?
    I don't and I never hear the end of it. I certainly don't throw my two fake degrees in everyone's face as proof that I'm smarter than the rest of the world. You can thank your Libbos pards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Last Seen
    03-19-15 @ 07:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    740

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Stepping completely away from religion is a tall order. I don't hold it against those who who cling to it.
    Stepping away from Islam is a cause for death, (wont debate it here) so yeah, some kudos. But walking away from it, after you were an adult who found it intriguing (not a child who was indoctrinated since birth into it), and then adhered to it, shows you really weren't that smart to being with.

  7. #47
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by BrewerBob View Post
    I'm confused. Are you saying he should have just been happy with the way the country treated African Americans because other countries may have treated them worse?
    Is that what I said? Its not? I didn't think so.

    There's no other country in the world where he could preach hate, the way he did in The United States. Only an idiot would cry about that kind of freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #48
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Scientology practices are actually worse than a little hate speech.
    What's Wrong with Scientology? | Scientology Lies
    so you have no proof of Tom cruise or John Travolta preaching hate, violence, or racism... or proof of them being involved in any " lies" or events charged in your link

    I figured as much, but i'm glad we could clear that up.

  9. #49
    Jokes Are a Cry For Help.
    CMPancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    3,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, you get to amend someone else's words? A little plagiaristic, aren't we?
    Who's words did I amend? You called a book about Malcom X the black supremacists equivalent to Mein Kampf. Those were your words, not mine and nothing "plagiaristic" about it. (Oh look a misspelling, does that mean I can attack you personally now?)


    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I don't and I never hear the end of it. I certainly don't throw my two fake degrees in everyone's face as proof that I'm smarter than the rest of the world. You can thank your Libbos pards.
    What? I don't have any fake degrees. What on Earth are you even talking about here?
    The GOP loves standards. They love standards so much, they got two of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say that he [Trump] is the most honest guy to come down the pike in a very long while.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,284

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Is that what I said? Its not? I didn't think so.

    There's no other country in the world where he could preach hate, the way he did in The United States. Only an idiot would cry about that kind of freedom.
    Malcolm X spoke against many injustices against African Americans but I don't recall him ever complaining about not having freedom of speech. Your argument amounts to "You shouldn't speak out against the Government because the Government allows you to speak out against it."

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •