View Poll Results: In your opinion, do you view Malcolm X as a positive figure in American history, or a

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • Positive

    157 81.35%
  • Negative

    18 9.33%
  • Other

    18 9.33%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 124

Thread: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

  1. #101
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,861

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's exactly the point.
    What I said... I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #102
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,589

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I do.
    I'm skeptical of the decision making skills of the overly religious and question their ability to think critically, but I also understand the need some people have for that sort of thing. Facing reality head on takes a lot of fortitude.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm skeptical of the decision making skills of the overly religious and question their ability to think critically, but I also understand the need some people have for that sort of thing. Facing reality head on takes a lot of fortitude.
    No, people have a DESIRE for that kind of thing. Anyone who has a NEED, meaning they cannot live without it, has major psychological issues to deal with. Unfortunately, we've essentially allowed humanity to be weak, lacking that fortitude to just deal with reality as it is. I'd argue that said weakness is a major contributor to the majority of the world's problems. Anyone who really thinks they have an imaginary friend who helps them deal with real life is not someone I want in a position of power.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #104
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,589

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No, people have a DESIRE for that kind of thing. Anyone who has a NEED, meaning they cannot live without it, has major psychological issues to deal with. Unfortunately, we've essentially allowed humanity to be weak, lacking that fortitude to just deal with reality as it is. I'd argue that said weakness is a major contributor to the majority of the world's problems. Anyone who really thinks they have an imaginary friend who helps them deal with real life is not someone I want in a position of power.
    I don't understand it either since I'm not wired that way. But, what I do understand is that most people are wired that way. I do not know though if it is fear of the unknown, especially as it pertains to death, or a serious desire for comfort in a cold and random universe which drives them.

  5. #105
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,774

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I don't understand it either since I'm not wired that way. But, what I do understand is that most people are wired that way. I do not know though if it is fear of the unknown, especially as it pertains to death, or a serious desire for comfort in a cold and random universe which drives them.
    There was a time when I was very much wired that way. I got better. People can change if they want to, they simply do not have a psychological need, such that they will drop dead if they don't have it. Religion is a drug. Religion is addictive. That doesn't mean we shouldn't treat the addicts and get them free of their addiction.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #106
    Educator oncewas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ky.
    Last Seen
    10-11-16 @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    797

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    I'm not in the faith of Islam,I do view Malcolm X,as a positive figure in America history.There nothing wrong with the teaching of loving thy selves when you're being oppressed as a people.


    It's not because John McCain doesn't care. It's because John McCain doesn't get it.
    Barack Obama
    At Democratic Party's Denver convention, August 2008.

  7. #107
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Racist, socialist, somewhat repentant at the end, but the damage was done.
    What "damage"?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  8. #108
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    What "damage"?


    Racist socialist, sepratist, says "We cool" now at the end?

    sorry, damage was donbe.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #109
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,886

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Racist socialist, sepratist, says "We cool" now at the end?

    sorry, damage was donbe.
    Again, what damage?
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #110
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,502

    Re: What Are Your Personal Thoughts On Malcolm X

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Again, what damage?


    His reputation as someone who should be looked on favorably.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •