View Poll Results: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

Voters
211. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 6.16%
  • No

    198 93.84%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 137

Thread: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

  1. #61
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    It appears that some feel that Iran's nuclear program can be stopped by military force alone. But this is a flawed notion because it requires that such force be applied for an infinite amount of time. It will not work.
    Not sure of the value in discussing hypotheticals about Iran

    U.S. does not believe Iran is trying to build nuclear bomb
    U.S. does not believe Iran is trying to build nuclear bomb - Los Angeles Times

    U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/wo...bomb.html?_r=0

    Is Anybody Listening?
    U.S. Intel Chief Says Iran Isn't Building Nukes.
    U.S. Intel Chief Says Iran Isn't Building Nukes.

    U.S. & Israeli Officials: Iran is NOT Building Nuclear Weapons
    FCNL: U.S. & Israeli Officials: Iran is NOT Building Nuclear Weapons

    US/Israel: Iran NOT Building Nukes
    January 24, 2012

    https://consortiumnews.com/2012/01/2...uilding-nukes/

    U.S. still believes Iran not on verge of nuclear weapon
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8781GS20120809


    'Mossad, CIA agree Iran has yet to decide to build nuclear weapon'
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...eapon-1.419300

    Israeli Intelligence Agrees With U.S. And IAEA That Iran Has Not Decided On Nuke Weapons
    http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...us-iaea-nukes/
    Last edited by Montecresto; 02-20-15 at 05:58 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #62
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,894

    Re: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    They are a state by any particular definition that is commonly applied, if a fragile and hyper-violent one.
    Does Boko Haram also have state status?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  3. #63
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Does Boko Haram also have state status?
    They might soon - they claim to be aiming in that direction. However, as of yet they are not willing to fill the functions of a state.

  4. #64
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    17,894

    Re: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    It appears that some feel that Iran's nuclear program can be stopped by military force alone. But this is a flawed notion because it requires that such force be applied for an infinite amount of time. It will not work.
    It could be substantially degraded. It would/could need bombing Iran back to the stone age.
    But the genie is out of the bottle.
    The issue is to ensure they do not make a run for a nuke.
    Can that be negotiated - yes- but Iran will demand an end state for inspections.
    Eventually they will have one. That is my opinion.
    Prevents any invasion.
    Reason they began their program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You are repeating yourself. That's a zero response.
    Sorry, but that's my response who want to have a baby over Iran's uranium enrichment program.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    So do the Japanese, what's your point?
    The Japanese are allowed to enrich uranium. The point is that once a nation has mastered the process it's not possible to stop them from enriching uranium if they are determined to do it.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Israel did not sign the NPT- Israel is not considered by Europe to be a threat.
    They should become a party to the NPT.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    After bombing the rubble, very intrusive and without end inspections would be needed.


    U b barking up the wrong tree dawg! You should get into a pissing contest with that "the great Satan will be destroyed with an iron fist" and "the Korean peninsula will be turned to a sea of ashes" crowd.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    You totally misunderstood. You are right to think that Iran could be obliterated. But that is not at all as dangerous as the situation will be with proliferation.
    What did I misunderstand?

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Can Iran's nuclear program be stopped by military force alone?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Sure it can. You raise the costs higher than the gains.
    No it cannot.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Who says you need guards to figure out that they are building a nuclear reactor? We have satellites. We also have the full wide range of intelligence penetration of high-value targets (such as the Iranian nuclear program).
    You don't have to have a nuclear reactor to enrich uranium. It would not be difficult to set up a small scale enrichment facility somewhere that could not be detected. If Iran is determined to do that it is possible. It would take them longer to enrich the material for a bomb, but it could be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    This is unlikely to be accurate (for crying out loud how would you hide the testing?), however, bottom line: you have no idea what our collection capability against Iran is or is not.
    By the time it got to the testing they would have already built them. The testing would be just a matter of how high the yield would be. I think you don't have an idea of what it takes to enrich uranium.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •