View Poll Results: Is Biden too touchy feely in social settings?

Voters
421. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 4.51%
  • No

    148 35.15%
  • Who cares

    190 45.13%
  • Other

    64 15.20%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 85

Thread: Is Biden too touchy feely? [W:74]

  1. #61
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: Is Biden too touchy feely?

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Hey bad man. Are Biden and Carters wife "friends"? Yea, don't look like it. IF we were friends that's one thing. But be a stranger and touch her. You are going to the floor. Counting how many teeth you have left.
    See, I can be a internet bad boy too.
    LOL

    You act like you just started with the Internet tough guy schtick in this comment.

    Like, I just fell into this conversation out of a black hole and am not aware of your long-running Billy Badass persona here.

    Like I said, I know you like to think of yourself as a tough guy, making threats and laying down the law and all, and as far as it goes I'm willing to take you at your word and accept that you are a tough guy.

    But...yawn.

    If I ever see you and your wife, I'm gonna goose the two of you.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  2. #62
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,578
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Biden too touchy feely?

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Theres nothing creepy about old man Joe.

    This is another case that was very much interpreted by those who look for something to criticize though.

    After his young daughter looked really, really disturbed when Vice President Joe Biden leaned in to give her a kiss on the cheek last week, Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) clarified on Sunday that his daughter isn't creeped out by Biden.

    Asked by "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace whether his daughter found the vice president creepy, Coons laughed and said that his daughter, Maggie, did not.

    "He's known my kids their whole lives. Joe was just being thoughtful," Coons said. "I could hear him, he was leaning forward and whispering some encouragement to her about how when he was sworn in, and his own daughter Ashley was 13 she felt awkward and uncomfortable and he was encouraging her about how to get through the day with lots of cameras and lots of folks watching.

    "He was being Joe," he said. "He was being thoughtful and he was being sweet."
    Chris Coons Clarifies That His Daughter Isn't Creeped Out By Joe Biden

    It is so easy to misinterpret people's responses. I think any woman who was about to be kissed on the cheek by ANYBODY or had somebody starting to whisper in her ear, even her own husband or father, would likely lean away a bit until she knew who it was. I think any guy would too.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Is Biden too touchy feely?

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    LOL

    You act like you just started with the Internet tough guy schtick in this comment.

    Like, I just fell into this conversation out of a black hole and am not aware of your long-running Billy Badass persona here.

    Like I said, I know you like to think of yourself as a tough guy, making threats and laying down the law and all, and as far as it goes I'm willing to take you at your word and accept that you are a tough guy.

    But...yawn.

    If I ever see you and your wife, I'm gonna goose the two of you.
    Well ok then.

  4. #64
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Biden too touchy feely?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Don't you know? Everything relates to George W. Bush. If Barrack play golf and someone comments on the optics of it at that time, you will see new threads about
    GW's vacations.

    So long as Bush did it, it's OK in the Obama play book.

    That's the "change" thingy.


    G.W. Bush took plenty of vacations.

  5. #65
    Sage
    AliHajiSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,390

    Re: Is Biden too touchy feely?

    Quote Originally Posted by soot View Post
    Not necessarily about you, per se, but about your outrageously insecure response.

    I guess the real issue I was addressing was the frightened and jealous perspective from which one would have to view the image to make the kind of childish comment you made.

    So no, not about "you", but about the type of "you" that would make the comment you did.

    Like the editor at the Daily Caller who ran this article:

    Biden Whispers In Defense Secretary's Ear | The Daily Caller

    The woman is a workout junky who runs marathons, a partner at a multi-billion dollar venture capital firm, and has been to Afghanistan to visit front line combat troops.

    Not exactly the kind of shrinking violet who needs an insecure full-grown babyman with daddy issues of his own to "defend" her from her friends.
    If you are going to be an amateur psychologist, it would be best if you weren't a humorless one.

  6. #66
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 11:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: Is Biden too touchy feely?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    This is another case that was very much interpreted by those who look for something to criticize though.

    After his young daughter looked really, really disturbed when Vice President Joe Biden leaned in to give her a kiss on the cheek last week, Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) clarified on Sunday that his daughter isn't creeped out by Biden.

    Asked by "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace whether his daughter found the vice president creepy, Coons laughed and said that his daughter, Maggie, did not.

    "He's known my kids their whole lives. Joe was just being thoughtful," Coons said. "I could hear him, he was leaning forward and whispering some encouragement to her about how when he was sworn in, and his own daughter Ashley was 13 she felt awkward and uncomfortable and he was encouraging her about how to get through the day with lots of cameras and lots of folks watching.

    "He was being Joe," he said. "He was being thoughtful and he was being sweet."
    Chris Coons Clarifies That His Daughter Isn't Creeped Out By Joe Biden

    It is so easy to misinterpret people's responses. I think any woman who was about to be kissed on the cheek by ANYBODY or had somebody starting to whisper in her ear, even her own husband or father, would likely lean away a bit until she knew who it was. I think any guy would too.
    Sorry but the girl was uncomfortable regardless of what her dad said. You can see her shyly pull away from him. 80% of all communications is via body language, and sometimes our body language subconsciously speaks. I'm not saying he was a perv for kissing the 11yo but you can clearly see a cringeworthy moment between the two.

  7. #67
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,578
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Biden too touchy feely?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    That's the husband of The Hill's White House Reporter Amie Parnes. She's the one Biden is hugging in that picture. It went viral in 2013 when it happened. That isn't Ash Carter, and it isn't his wife.

    Where have you read and seen that the Bidens are social friends with the Carters?
    Well the resemblance is uncanny. And the photo came up when I googled for pictures of Ash Carter to compare with it. But oh well. I could be wrong about that.

    But Biden himself, when he introduced Ash Carter at the ceremony, said that Ash was a friend he had known for years.

    And I guess I just don't see all this as all that big a deal. I am absolutely militant when he comes to political correctness, and while I do believe in certain disciplines of decorum and respect and do appreciate just plain good manners, I honestly don't think Biden realized how that photo would look. He is just oblivious to things like that and, when there is no harm done, there is a part of me that sort of appreciates a person being themselves instead of staging for the camera.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Is Biden too touchy feely?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    This is another case that was very much interpreted by those who look for something to criticize though.

    After his young daughter looked really, really disturbed when Vice President Joe Biden leaned in to give her a kiss on the cheek last week, Sen. Chris Coons (D-Del.) clarified on Sunday that his daughter isn't creeped out by Biden.

    Asked by "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace whether his daughter found the vice president creepy, Coons laughed and said that his daughter, Maggie, did not.

    "He's known my kids their whole lives. Joe was just being thoughtful," Coons said. "I could hear him, he was leaning forward and whispering some encouragement to her about how when he was sworn in, and his own daughter Ashley was 13 she felt awkward and uncomfortable and he was encouraging her about how to get through the day with lots of cameras and lots of folks watching.

    "He was being Joe," he said. "He was being thoughtful and he was being sweet."
    Chris Coons Clarifies That His Daughter Isn't Creeped Out By Joe Biden

    It is so easy to misinterpret people's responses. I think any woman who was about to be kissed on the cheek by ANYBODY or had somebody starting to whisper in her ear, even her own husband or father, would likely lean away a bit until she knew who it was. I think any guy would too.
    She knew who that was, she was freaked out. Im not saying its the end of days, but that girls body language isn't lying. The whitehouse has been trying this for some time, its another way to "communicate" for the white house, remember the odd displays of affection during the bergdahl press conference?

  9. #69
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Biden too touchy feely?

    Biden is the creepy/loopy uncle you don't leave alone with your young children.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #70
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,307

    Re: Is Biden too touchy feely?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    Well the resemblance is uncanny. And the photo came up when I googled for pictures of Ash Carter to compare with it. But oh well. I could be wrong about that.

    But Biden himself, when he introduced Ash Carter at the ceremony, said that Ash was a friend he had known for years.

    And I guess I just don't see all this as all that big a deal. I am absolutely militant when he comes to political correctness, and while I do believe in certain disciplines of decorum and respect and do appreciate just plain good manners, I honestly don't think Biden realized how that photo would look. He is just oblivious to things like that and, when there is no harm done, there is a part of me that sort of appreciates a person being themselves instead of staging for the camera.
    The resemblance is not uncanny. It isn't even close.

    Is Biden too touchy feely? [W:74]-amie-jpgIs Biden too touchy feely? [W:74]-ash-jpg

    The Bidens and Carters are not social friends. They have never been social friends. There is no evidence anywhere that Joe Biden knows Ash Carter's wife from any social settings at all, even though that has been said repeatedly in this thread.

    The story is about the VP of the USA acting without any decorum or common sense with the wife of the new Defense Secretary at her husband's swearing in.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •