View Poll Results: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 40.00%
  • No

    27 60.00%
Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 350

Thread: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

  1. #221
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,196

    re: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Thanks again!

    Again, supreme proof of my genius. THE KING REIGNS SUPREME!!!!
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #222
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    re: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I disagree with you. For my employer requires me to come to work for a paycheck. I don't have to do it, but they can require that I do.
    This alleged logic hurts my brain cells. Even your last sentence completely shreds your point.

    Anyway, in your example, it's an agreement. The trading of one thing of value for another. Voluntarily. You don't have to work for that particular employer, nor do you have to work at all. You agree to do so because there's something of benefit in it for you.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    re: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    This alleged logic hurts my brain cells. Even your last sentence completely shreds your point.
    I really don't think so radcen. Then only thing I can think of here is that you may feel offended by someone saying that Israel can be required to do something. It's one thing to require someone to do something. It's another issue as to whether compliance can be successfully enforced. The world could impose sanctions on Israel such as those that were imposed on Iran if it did not meet the requirement.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Anyway, in your example, it's an agreement. The trading of one thing of value for another. Voluntarily. You don't have to work for that particular employer, nor do you have to work at all. You agree to do so because there's something of benefit in it for you.
    Again, I think the issue here is that you appear to feel that require means that compliance can be successfully enforced. That is not the case. They can require that I come to work if I want to receive a paycheck. The U.S. could require that Israel sign the NPT if they want to receive U.S. aid. Israel does not have to comply. That is a different issue. I really don't understand your problem with the word "require", unless you just find it somewhat offensive to Israel that someone could require it to do something.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Well, the two are not mutually exclusive. The total abolition of war is another such Utopian ambition. Highly desirable, but at best on a far horizon.


    Come now, I would never dismiss Einstein. That said, his notions about quantum-locality were indeed mistaken.

    I suggest you peruse Einstein's many debates and thought experiments with Bohr at Solvay.
    I would disagree that nuclear disarmament is on a par with a global ban on war, sorry.

    And Einstein's body of work, and his observations of the use of scientific development cannot reasonably be judged by a failing or three of his. Otherwise we must all sit down and hush.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #225
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    re: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    According to you, and you are far from being a voice of morality aren't you being a declared supporter of Islamic terror organizations and all.
    And prominent figures like PM David Cameron, who considers the Gaza Strip on par with a concentration camp. Yes, a concentration camp, enforced by the least likely people, having endured the treatment themselves.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #226
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Its in the bolded DH!
    You don't even pretend to have integrity in your messages, do you? Quote my advocating Ukraine using nuclear weapons? I advocated that Ukraine should have kept some.

    Do you own a kitchen knife? Then OBVIOUSLY you advocate your stabbing people with it. That is you bizarre claim of logic.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Logicman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,687

    re: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    No you still have not shown it. According to your source he said IT CAN, not that IT WANTED to. Not only that, but I can point to statements that U.S. generals have made that don't reflect the position of the United States.
    Sorry, your denials aren't believable.
    "Progressives aren't really progressive. They're regressive, all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah." - author unknown

  8. #228
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And prominent figures like PM David Cameron, who considers the Gaza Strip on par with a concentration camp. Yes, a concentration camp, enforced by the least likely people, having endured the treatment themselves.
    That's because he is a bigot who hates Jews and is a Holocaust minimizer. The Gaza Strip is nothing like a Jewish concentration camp was. The Jew-haters are thick on this thread.

  9. #229
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    re: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    And prominent figures like PM David Cameron, who considers the Gaza Strip on par with a concentration camp. Yes, a concentration camp, enforced by the least likely people, having endured the treatment themselves.
    Should we care about the opinion of a man who is so blindingly ignorant?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  10. #230
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Should Israel be required to sign the NPT? [W:348]

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    The US, UK and France does not occupy millions of people for 50 years and subject their own laws on them, only Isreal does that. So much for your logic.
    Your statement is false. There is no logic when the core premise is false. Gaza is under Palestinian authority and has been for a decade. Nor does it have "millions" of people.

    What is accurate is that no country but Israel would withstand constant mortar and rocket attacks against their civilian population and not to total war over it.

    White people hating Jews and accusing them for everyone's problems and of every evil secret conspiracy? Very traditional bigotry. Your messages are in that category.

    Even though it has no effect on you, Jews have been one most oppressed and murdered minorities in the world, and have only the tiniest of countries as their ancestral home - and you fixate hatred on them, accuse them of conspiracies and all the problems of Arabs, and want them rendered defenseless. Any other accusations, conspiracy theories and death wishes about Jews you want to post?

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •