View Poll Results: Should the US finally switch to the metric system?

Voters
353. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely! Is about time!

    35 9.92%
  • Who cares? I dont like numbers anyway

    173 49.01%
  • No! Dont make me change! FREEDOOOM!

    76 21.53%
  • Get off my lawn!

    75 21.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 93

Thread: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

    Can anyone explain why we sell Coke by the liter, but everything else is imperial? That's just weird to me.

  2. #32
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Can anyone explain why we sell Coke by the liter, but everything else is imperial? That's just weird to me.
    Canada...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Can anyone explain why we sell Coke by the liter, but everything else is imperial? That's just weird to me.

    Well, we also sell it in 12 oz (and 6 oz?) cans, and
    in 20 oz bottles .....
    and .......

  4. #34
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,787

    Re: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

    I have a science background and had to use it alot for that. Weird...the 'official' language of science, for publishing, etc, is English, but the data is metric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #35
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,556

    Re: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    1. I didn't respond to your poll because I didn't like your snarky additions to the simple choices. I would have willingly answered with a plain "no".

    2. I don't care about what the rest of the world uses. If I ever have to convert something...well, that's what the internet is for and it's pretty cheap.

    3. There is no active movement in the US to convert because nobody...except a few, like you, who insist we become more like Europe...really cares about it.
    1) Dull,
    2) provincial and
    3) anti intellectual.

    I can see where your politics reside.

    LOL

    I
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  6. #36
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,556

    Re: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Sure.

    Do most people (ugh) know

    how to convert between pounds and kilograms (trick question)
    what the Rankine is
    horsepower(which one) to watts?

    ........
    How about confusing ounces (volume) with ounces (weight)....not to mention knowing if it's avoirdupois or Troy ounces. Stupidity at its finest.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #37
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    Would a billion new highway signs really substantially improve infrastructure?
    The national association of highway sign manufacturers believes our highway infrastructure will be much improved by a billion new signs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  8. #38
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

    Quote Originally Posted by montecresto View Post
    have you seen how many of them that are shot full of holes by rednecks?
    hey hey hey don't you call me a redneck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  9. #39
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  10. #40
    Guru
    Declan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,670

    Re: Should the US finally switch over to the metric system?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Can anyone explain why we sell Coke by the liter, but everything else is imperial? That's just weird to me.
    I'd be happy if they would just stop changing the tops every few years.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •