View Poll Results: Is Scott Walkers lack of a degree an issue

Voters
835. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I dont take orders from some quitter

    706 84.55%
  • No, he has enough real world experience to do the job

    49 5.87%
  • Somewhat, I would like to see him finish.

    80 9.58%
Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 522

Thread: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

  1. #51
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by SBu View Post
    I agree. His likeability was the major contributing factor to his elections, not his ideology. McCain and Romney lacked likeable personalities and displayed moments of significant poor judgement in my opinion. (Not that Obama makes a better president, but he is a master campaigner).
    [emphasis added by bubba]

    c'mon
    go for it
    he's a master debater
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you would think that with the strength of connections to protect him in that degree they would also be able to buy him a diploma worked for dubya
    `
    I considered that but to my knowledge, dubya didn't violate any major school policies like cheating or something. I don't know what transpired there with Walker other than those who are in a position to know make it very clear that the topic will not be discussed.

  3. #53
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    oxymoron much
    no, not really, if he completed 3 years he's got college education,

    I have all the credits I need for a 2 year degree minus one class, family issues came up, then I had to start working and making money. I plan to finish soon, but at this point I am educated at the CC level, just without the fancy certificate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  4. #54
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    [emphasis added by bubba]

    c'mon
    go for it
    he's a master debater
    I have a feeling he wouldn't last long on DP

  5. #55
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    The curriculum for the degree is set by the faculty of the department (or higher up, too) to complete a prescribed course of study that satisfies their level of minimal study to show higher level education in that area.

    Would you hire someone as mechanical engineer who never graduated with his degree and decided not to take statics and dynamics?

    Further, would you say someone has a high school education if they dropped out after 9th grade? Of course not. "Has an education" _in "X" implies they took (and passed) the patently obvious and requisite courses to fully attain that education.

    He took a bunch of college courses, but he didn't complete a degree. What field is he educated in specifically at a collegiate level?
    difference is, in the engineering part, there is certain licensing required to be able to do that job, that's mandated at the state level. not the same as running for office where the qualifications are to convince 50%+1 that you seem like a cool dude(tte)

    one can know how to drive a truck without possessing a commercial driver license, but having a license is a government requirement to work the job.

    so these things are not apples to apples comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  6. #56
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I think those of highly educated persuasion will find it hard to take orders from him.
    Also, college relationships last through careers and can help network of people to facilitate legislation and programs.
    Lack of that makes you a clear outsider.
    I know I wouldn't take orders from someone without a degree.
    that's easy to fix, you're fired. go work somewhere else.

    if I owned a business any moron employee who talked like that would be given a box of tissues and a pink slip.

    let the eggheads refuse to work, we can always find more eggheads who will comply with their supervisor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  7. #57
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Our expectations and access to education have greatly changed during the seventy years since Truman first became president.

    During Truman's era, only one in twenty Americans would compete their bachelors degree. Being in the top five percent of educated people would be a great asset to have for the leader of the free world, but it's not a compulsory expectation. Today, however, not having a degree puts you in the bottom two thirds in education attainment. I expect more from a leader.

    Educational attainment in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    so you would actively work against a proven leader who's successful with many accomplishments because you expect a fancy piece of paper with a cursive title?

    talk about shallow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  8. #58
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 02:19 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    848

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    A college degree used to mean something in that a graduate was likely to have a broader understanding of societal evolution, governmental systems, economics, and the lessons of history - but the truth about those subjects isn't taught anymore.

    Instead of informing students with facts and perspective, and giving them the tools to think critically upon that information - students today are indoctrinated in what to think and trained in how to behave and react to stimuli. Critical, independent thinking is not on the agenda; rather, ethos based groupthink has replaced true education.

    Amerikan education has become a cesspool of collectivist, Skinnerian garbage designed to produce ignorant, easily controlled and manipulated serfs.

    I have 2 young kids and one on the way... I have no intention of sending them to college. A waste of money, and a waste of time. They can learn everything they need to learn from home study, the library, and other alternative sources.

  9. #59
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    that's easy to fix, you're fired. go work somewhere else.

    if I owned a business any moron employee who talked like that would be given a box of tissues and a pink slip.

    let the eggheads refuse to work, we can always find more eggheads who will comply with their supervisor.
    This doesn't sound in keeping with Atlas Shrugged's message.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    so you would actively work against a proven leader who's successful with many accomplishments because you expect a fancy piece of paper with a cursive title?

    talk about shallow.
    No, but it's yet another reason to think that he's an unfit presidential candidate.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  10. #60
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,930

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    This doesn't sound in keeping with Atlas Shrugged's message.
    never read the book, don't care whatever reference you're making

    No, but it's yet another reason to think that he's an unfit presidential candidate.
    depends, I'm tired of academics, I may not like Walker's politics, but he's a self made man, I would probably vote for him over Hillary, certainly over Warren.

    some day the democrats will get smart and start nominating people like Dingell or Howard Dean etc and stop nominating these urban academics

    well I can dream anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •