View Poll Results: Is Scott Walkers lack of a degree an issue

Voters
835. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I dont take orders from some quitter

    706 84.55%
  • No, he has enough real world experience to do the job

    49 5.87%
  • Somewhat, I would like to see him finish.

    80 9.58%
Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 522

Thread: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

  1. #371
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    I would not dismiss Scott Walker's not having a degree so nonchalantly. We live in a complex global world where every presidential contender should be armed with every defense possible beginning with a college degree and not leave himself exposed to those who are better prepared. A degree teaches one to think and to do the best job possible armed with a brain that is confident and capable of communicating with all leaders from all countries -- not evade a trivial question like evolution because he's afraid of displeasing his puppeteers. George W Bush supposedly received an MBA, but the proof of how well he did is reflected in his often repeated malapropism. This just shows college is not for everyone, but then again, GWB should never have been president of the US because he was an unmitigated disaster for America and consequently for the world.
    So you had planned on voting for Walker until you heard this news then?

  2. #372
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,475

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    I would not dismiss Scott Walker's not having a degree so nonchalantly. We live in a complex global world where every presidential contender should be armed with every defense possible beginning with a college degree and not leave himself exposed to those who are better prepared. A degree teaches one to think and to do the best job possible armed with a brain that is confident and capable of communicating with all leaders from all countries -- not evade a trivial question like evolution because he's afraid of displeasing his puppeteers. George W Bush supposedly received an MBA, but the proof of how well he did is reflected in his often repeated malapropism. This just shows college is not for everyone, but then again, GWB should never have been president of the US because he was an unmitigated disaster for America and consequently for the world.
    You can't possibly believe this.

  3. #373
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    277

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    So you had planned on voting for Walker until you heard this news then?
    No, I had not planned on voting for Scott Walker who is a conservative Republican. My ideology is at the opposite end of the political spectrum. My post was a generalized one, not partisan, in which I believe all public leaders of ordinary American citizens should be well armed academically.

  4. #374
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    I would not dismiss Scott Walker's not having a degree so nonchalantly. We live in a complex global world where every presidential contender should be armed with every defense possible beginning with a college degree and not leave himself exposed to those who are better prepared. A degree teaches one to think and to do the best job possible armed with a brain that is confident and capable of communicating with all leaders from all countries -- not evade a trivial question like evolution because he's afraid of displeasing his puppeteers. George W Bush supposedly received an MBA, but the proof of how well he did is reflected in his often repeated malapropism. This just shows college is not for everyone, but then again, GWB should never have been president of the US because he was an unmitigated disaster for America and consequently for the world.
    I disagree. College is imminently useful in teaching people to research, study, assimilate, and organize information as well as various coping and discipline skills. But it is the course work and not the degree that imparts such skill sets and those same skill sets can be acquired by other means. And I have know more than one person who graduated college with honors and went on to acquire advanced degrees that don't have the common sense that God gave a goose.

    It was not George W. Bush's education, intellect, or manner of speech that sunk his presidency, but it was the very wrong headed and mostly progressive notions that he chose to adopt. He would have been an absolute darling of the left if he had just had a "D" after his name instead of an "R". Still he was enough of a fiscal conservative that he was able to accomplish some good things too. But that came from his convictions and ideology and not so much from his education.

    I am confident that Scott Walker has sufficient college and sufficient success in college to have gained most of what there is to gain from the experience. The lack of the degree is useful to his opponents because they will sell it as evidence that he is inadequate to the job and they won't temper that with the very clear evidence on record that he is.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  5. #375
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,431

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post
    I would not dismiss Scott Walker's not having a degree so nonchalantly. We live in a complex global world where every presidential contender should be armed with every defense possible beginning with a college degree and not leave himself exposed to those who are better prepared. A degree teaches one to think and to do the best job possible armed with a brain that is confident and capable of communicating with all leaders from all countries -- not evade a trivial question like evolution because he's afraid of displeasing his puppeteers. George W Bush supposedly received an MBA, but the proof of how well he did is reflected in his often repeated malapropism. This just shows college is not for everyone, but then again, GWB should never have been president of the US because he was an unmitigated disaster for America and consequently for the world.
    1) Scott Walker is 47. Do you believe he hasn't learned anything in the last 25 years?

    2) Do you believe that people in general stop learning upon graduation?

    3) Do you place academic theory above that of experience?

    4) Do people enter college with an inability to think?

    5) Is college the ONLY place where a person can learn to cope and grow with the world?

    6) Is what a person learned in an academic setting even relevant 25 years later?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So you would work for some uneducated idiot?
    So the lack of a college degree makes someone an idiot? Is that what you are implying?

  7. #377
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Love how elitism is now defined as graduating college.
    No Elitism is assuming that those who aren't credentialed must be stupid and mediocre.




    Hwat, no sheepskin from Hahvahd? Out, rabble!

  8. #378
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So you would work for some uneducated idiot?
    What, you mean like Bill Gates?

  9. #379
    Student
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    277

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    1) Scott Walker is 47. Do you believe he hasn't learned anything in the last 25 years?

    2) Do you believe that people in general stop learning upon graduation?

    3) Do you place academic theory above that of experience?

    4) Do people enter college with an inability to think?

    5) Is college the ONLY place where a person can learn to cope and grow with the world?

    6) Is what a person learned in an academic setting even relevant 25 years later?
    1) Yes, I do believe he has learned in the last 25 years. What he has learned remains to be seen.

    2) Of course not....learning in a lifetime experience.

    3) Experience is great, but an educational degree will help guide us in the right direction.

    4) Yes, most who enter college do so because they hope to enhance their mental abilities in order to get a job. An academic education help to sharpen our mental talents.

    5. Of course not. College is not for everyone, but some people need it more than others. GWB, imo, was born with a good mind but he was into cocaine and alcohol until he was 40 years old by his own admission. His brain was so screwed up that he was fodder for Dick Cheney, the de Facto president, and W did not know what was going on in his own administration until well into his second term. Depending on whom you talk to GWB's administration was the worse in human history. W was given an MBA degree with a C by an Ivy League University, Yale, curtesy of his father, an alumni who donated millions of dollars to thhe University.

    6) An academic education is a tool. After graduating, one should be on one's way experiencing life and will soon thereafter create his own rules brought about by his own experiences.

    Much depend on the individual's personal journey before attempting to define such a question as number 6.

  10. #380
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Atiya View Post

    3) Experience is great, but an educational degree will help guide us in the right direction.
    How so? Please do explain how a degree guides us in the right direction.


    4) Yes,
    So you ARE saying, by answering yes, that a person who hasn't gone to college doesn't know how to think? Last time I checked college didn't teach anyone how to think.

    5. Of course not. College is not for everyone, but some people need it more than others. GWB, imo, was born with a good mind but he was into cocaine and alcohol until he was 40 years old by his own admission. His brain was so screwed up that he was fodder for Dick Cheney, the de Facto president, and W did not know what was going on in his own administration until well into his second term. Depending on whom you talk to GWB's administration was the worse in human history. W was given an MBA degree with a C by an Ivy League University, Yale, curtesy of his father, an alumni who donated millions of dollars to thhe University.
    Da fuq did all that **** about GWB have to do with the question? And, since you brought it up.... Do you have a source of information that proves GWB was given degrees because his father donated money? Thanks in advance.

Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •