View Poll Results: Is Scott Walkers lack of a degree an issue

Voters
835. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I dont take orders from some quitter

    706 84.55%
  • No, he has enough real world experience to do the job

    49 5.87%
  • Somewhat, I would like to see him finish.

    80 9.58%
Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 522

Thread: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

  1. #331
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    well, so has Obama if that's your metric for determining someone's track record and qualifications for on the job success.
    I thought the question was about Governor Walker and Wisconsin. Election to National office like the President is a whole different metric. Or did you not know that?

  2. #332
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    can you give some quantified metrics that you think illustrate Walker's exemplary track record?
    How does "quantified metrics" jive with the fact that politics is mostly subjective?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #333
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I thought the question was about Governor Walker and Wisconsin. Election to National office like the President is a whole different metric. Or did you not know that?
    If you RE-READ the comment I quoted and replied to, it was that Walker is more qualified for POTUS than Obama. You chose to interject your metric on why he's qualified (being re-elected {and only at a state level, to boot!} ). Sorry you didn't think it through.

    Want to step back and try again?

  4. #334
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    How does "quantified metrics" jive with the fact that politics is mostly subjective?

    Well, I didn't write this
    " How is it extreme to want to elect a President with proven track record for success? When it is obvious that electing an unqualified Barack Obama has created far more problems for the country than anything good that has happened during his administration?"

    But it seems things like gdp growth, changing deficits, job growth, employment, etc can all be used to evaluate someone's "track record", and can be quantified.

  5. #335
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    If you RE-READ the comment I quoted and replied to, it was that Walker is more qualified for POTUS than Obama. You chose to interject your metric on why he's qualified (being re-elected {and only at a state level, to boot!} ). Sorry you didn't think it through.

    Want to step back and try again?
    No. I'll just stick with your comment, and my reply. You're welcome to ignore it.

  6. #336
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    No. I'll just stick with your comment, and my reply. You're welcome to ignore it.
    I never ignore white flags.

  7. #337
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    Well, I didn't write this
    " How is it extreme to want to elect a President with proven track record for success? When it is obvious that electing an unqualified Barack Obama has created far more problems for the country than anything good that has happened during his administration?"

    But it seems things like gdp growth, changing deficits, job growth, employment, etc can all be used to evaluate someone's "track record", and can be quantified.
    I don't see any of that as being any less subjective. Even things like the stuff you mentioned: Are they a direct result of a President's specific actions, or are they more or less independent and cyclicle (sp?) with whoever the sitting President is getting the blame and/or credit accordingly, even though they may not deserve either?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #338
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by SlevinKelevra View Post
    I never ignore white flags.
    Cool. However, you should learn to recognize them.

  9. #339
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I don't see any of that as being any less subjective. Even things like the stuff you mentioned: Are they a direct result of a President's specific actions, or are they more or less independent and cyclicle (sp?) with whoever the sitting President is getting the blame and/or credit accordingly, even though they may not deserve either?
    Sometimes they are (or can be) largely if not exclusively the result of a president (governor)'s actions or policy agendas.

  10. #340
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,834
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Welp, there ya go. The bolded and red text in your post points out the possible. I would say that Walker might well be a person who fits into that category of being educated. Disclaimer: I'm in no way implying Walker's intelligence is equal to, more than, less than Washington or Lincoln. Merely pointing out he's an educated person without an official college credential.

    Obviously the following folks didn't have an official college credential, but were, in their own right, educated:

    Michael Dell, the founder and CEO of Dell, Inc., dropped out of college at 19.

    Henry Ford never graduated high school.

    Bill Gates, a college dropout after attending 2 years.

    John D. Rockefeller Sr., a high school dropout, became the first American billionaire.

    Steven Spielberg briefly attended State University in Long Beach, CA.

    Mark Zuckerberg dropped out in his sophomore year of college.

    So in essences, especially in our society today, yes, the value of a lot of types of non-technical, non-medical degrees are often based on social perception rather than concrete education.

    And obviously, the world has become more complex, more technical. There is the necessity of creating institutions charged with creating standards of practice within certain professional disciplines. Those institution must ensure that all who chooses to engage in the public practice of a respective discipline is competent and skilled enough to participate in the profession. Those institutions are also charge with the responsibility to policing all practicing members.

    Perhaps there needs to be an institution created for setting the standards and policing the professional disciplines of "Political Spinning, Public Deception, Special Interests Cultivation, Taxpayer Exploitation."
    Color me unsurprised that liberal / progressive / Democrat / Elitists value academic theoretical knowledge over hard won practical, 'hands on' knowledge.

    You can see it in the theory based public policies they keep pushing, rather than ones based on common sense and the real world, and yet they keep wondering why their public policies keep failing.
    What's that about doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results?
    Disinformation campaign? The Russian collusion meme pushed by the 'news' media, behaving as a political propaganda organ, hell bent to destroy a legitimately elected president to implement his agenda per the votes of the same electorate. Reference The Big Lie Reference Goebbels

Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •