View Poll Results: Is Scott Walkers lack of a degree an issue

Voters
835. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I dont take orders from some quitter

    706 84.55%
  • No, he has enough real world experience to do the job

    49 5.87%
  • Somewhat, I would like to see him finish.

    80 9.58%
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 522

Thread: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

  1. #211
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    Well, if nobody else is going to ask the obvious, I will.
    Would anybody here be willing to vote for a beauty school drop out like Frenchie?


    It depends on what she's running for.

  2. #212
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    He might get beaten by a landslide the next time that he runs for office.

    Who really knows?
    He hasn't yet now has he, lost that is, in spite of everybody gunning for him.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  3. #213
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Two terms in the White House looks pretty good on a resume.
    His resume has been destroyed. He did that all by himself. I wouldn't hire that idiot to run a lemonade stand.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  4. #214
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    His resume has been destroyed. He did that all by himself.
    I wouldn't hire that idiot to run a lemonade stand.


    Did he apply for the job?

    If not you're wasting your breath.

  5. #215
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,528

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    I would never ever ever ever vote for Scott Walker. But, frankly, I could give two hoots about what kind of degrees he does or doesn't have. Not even a factor for me. Politicians can ramble on about their graduation from Harvard and their PhD in underwater basket weaving, but I could care less. You can come out of college dumb as a damn rock. Conversely, you can never step foot on a college campus and still be a well-rounded, well-educated human being.
    I agree with you TK. I personally think that perceptions about higher education is allegorical in some respects. I say this because I didn't go to college until my 30s so I had experienced a fair amount of life prior to getting a degree. And prior to attending college I certainly viewed educated people, degreed people with a totally different perspective as to what their being college educated and/or being degreed even meant.

    College is an institution which has a primary mission. That mission is to teach a person how to engage in the process of "self-teaching and learning" utilizing appropriate methodologies of acquiring the right information in order to achieve their respective objectives. In other words, colleges are facilitators.

    What makes self-teaching/learning process so important is that no matter what course of study one pursued in college, the classes and instructions to any respective discipline of study is simply the foundation of a body of a specific academic information to be used to build on...or use that experience to expand to other disciplines.

    The self-teaching/learning process will be repeatedly used through a person's life - not inside the controlled learning environment of an educational institution - but in everyday life.

    A lot of people don't actually pursue a career within the academic category in which they get their degrees. Therein lies the importance of the one's ability to engage in the same personal discipline of learning and self-teaching that they had previously exerted in college in order to take on learning a new path or professional endeavor.

    And higher intelligence (genius level) isn't the most common attribute one is born with. Some have it, most don't. In so many professions - those who possess higher intelligence and are able to incorporate that with common sense - is indeed a winning combination. Despite thinking to the contrary, the vast majority of people just don't understand intellect...and I'm talking more specifically higher intellect. Not only can they not understand it - they don't usually recognize it for what it is.

    Of course the world is full of wanna be intellects and pseudo-intellects pretending to be intellectuals.

    Now comes the "Naturals"...

    But then there are those who might not have to gotten beyond the 8th grade, but possess a truly genius intellect along with oodles of common sense, creative, etc. They have the natural ability to be self-teach and learning. These are rare people.

    And there are a hell of a lot of damn smart people who don't pursue higher formal education. Some get damn well off because they become the plumbers, electricians, mechanics that we pay 75.00 to 125.00 and hour to use to install or fix what the ordinary person can't.

    But does all of this genius, higher intellect, common sense abilities make for good leaders?

    Even those attributes don't mean that the most intellectual/commonsense/creative persons have the ability to be LEADERS.

    The reality is...

    Good leaders - very difficult to analyze the combinations of their intellectual abilities, their levels of common sense, even their simultaneously having extraordinary creative skills will ulitmately make for magical concoction that produces some profound excellence in inspiring others to follow and trust their ability to take them where they need to go to achieve their tasks and goals.

  6. #216
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The USA is the richest, most powerful, nation on this planet.

    Who made that happen?
    Business people and the American military. Not lawyer with the Juris Doc degrees as you apparently claim.

    Are you REALLY claiming that our politics now overwhelmingly by "educated" lawyers is what made the USA great?

  7. #217
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    I do? Hmmm, odd. I have never shown contempt for biz here before.
    It also is reasonable to conclude your opinion is that no one with less than a 4 year college diploma should be allowed to be police, who make life and death decisions, because they aren't educated enough.

  8. #218
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I agree with you TK. I personally think that perceptions about higher education is allegorical in some respects. I say this because I didn't go to college until my 30s so I had experienced a fair amount of life prior to getting a degree. And prior to attending college I certainly viewed educated people, degreed people with a totally different perspective as to what their being college educated and/or being degreed even meant.

    College is an institution which has a primary mission. That mission is to teach a person how to engage in the process of "self-teaching and learning" utilizing appropriate methodologies of acquiring the right information in order to achieve their respective objectives. In other words, colleges are facilitators.

    What makes self-teaching/learning process so important is that no matter what course of study one pursued in college, the classes and instructions to any respective discipline of study is simply the foundation of a body of a specific academic information to be used to build on...or use that experience to expand to other disciplines.

    The self-teaching/learning process will be repeatedly used through a person's life - not inside the controlled learning environment of an educational institution - but in everyday life.

    A lot of people don't actually pursue a career within the academic category in which they get their degrees. Therein lies the importance of the one's ability to engage in the same personal discipline of learning and self-teaching that they had previously exerted in college in order to take on learning a new path or professional endeavor.

    And higher intelligence (genius level) isn't the most common attribute one is born with. Some have it, most don't. In so many professions - those who possess higher intelligence and are able to incorporate that with common sense - is indeed a winning combination. Despite thinking to the contrary, the vast majority of people just don't understand intellect...and I'm talking more specifically higher intellect. Not only can they not understand it - they don't usually recognize it for what it is.

    Of course the world is full of wanna be intellects and pseudo-intellects pretending to be intellectuals.

    Now comes the "Naturals"...

    But then there are those who might not have to gotten beyond the 8th grade, but possess a truly genius intellect along with oodles of common sense, creative, etc. They have the natural ability to be self-teach and learning. These are rare people.

    And there are a hell of a lot of damn smart people who don't pursue higher formal education. Some get damn well off because they become the plumbers, electricians, mechanics that we pay 75.00 to 125.00 and hour to use to install or fix what the ordinary person can't.

    But does all of this genius, higher intellect, common sense abilities make for good leaders?

    Even those attributes don't mean that the most intellectual/commonsense/creative persons have the ability to be LEADERS.

    The reality is...

    Good leaders - very difficult to analyze the combinations of their intellectual abilities, their levels of common sense, even their simultaneously having extraordinary creative skills will ulitmately make for magical concoction that produces some profound excellence in inspiring others to follow and trust their ability to take them where they need to go to achieve their tasks and goals.
    From what I've seen, just getting a generic college degree is a matter of 1.) paying tuition, 2.) reciting what profs say and 3.) at least a minimal amount of kiss-ass of the profs. Of itself, many college degrees do not indicate either intelligence or acquired knowledge.

    Largely, it depends upon the university and the degree.

    In addition, years and years of highly specialized education - is also years and years of learning nothing else. What does a lawyer know of war? Diplomacy? Foreign policy? Economics? Social policy?

    The only thing it seems our president learned as a "constitutional specialist" is all the loopholes by which he can get around constitutional restraints. He certainly has not proven himself an expert in military or foreign policy questions.

  9. #219
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Business people and the American military. Not lawyer with the Juris Doc degrees as you apparently claim.

    Are you REALLY claiming that our politics now overwhelmingly by "educated" lawyers is what made the USA great?


    I didn't claim any such thing. Reread my post.

  10. #220
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,144

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Far too many people have allowed their education to surpass their intelligence.

    Obama, if no one else, has clearly demonstrated this.
    "Oh no no no, you got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. -- Sheriff Chris Mannix

Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •