View Poll Results: Is Scott Walkers lack of a degree an issue

Voters
835. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I dont take orders from some quitter

    706 84.55%
  • No, he has enough real world experience to do the job

    49 5.87%
  • Somewhat, I would like to see him finish.

    80 9.58%
Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 522

Thread: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    He seems to have mastered running the state of Wisconsin and taming the labor unions. I would also bet that he is making more money then you.
    OK, but what kind of following will he have from military officers that must have college degrees to do their jobs?

  2. #142
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Our expectations and access to education have greatly changed during the seventy years since Truman first became president.

    During Truman's era, only one in twenty Americans would compete their bachelors degree. Being in the top five percent of educated people would be a great asset to have for the leader of the free world, but it's not a compulsory expectation. Today, however, not having a degree puts you in the bottom two thirds in education attainment. I expect more from a leader.

    Educational attainment in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    So Bush satisfied your need because he has two higher education degrees.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #143
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you would think that with the strength of connections to protect him in that degree they would also be able to buy him a diploma
    worked for dubya
    Which diploma was bought for him, and how much did it cost? Please post some links.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Which diploma was bought for him, and how much did it cost? Please post some links.
    Bush haters will never answer direct questions with any facts.

  5. #145
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Why is no one questioning Jeb Bush's level of education? He had 2 1/2 years of college in Latin Affairs. That's it.

    But the Left absolutely wants Jeb Bush, not Walker, to be the Republican nominee. First, it will be much easier a campaign for Hillary against Jeb and, regardless, even if Jeb Bush won they still prevented a conservative from being in the White House and will get their millions of new Latino Democrat voters thru Jeb Bush too.

    So continue to watch the media push Jeb Bush and gun down any other Republican.
    Neat. I love it when people make these kinds of posts.

    Jeb Bush has 2 1/2 years of college ("That's it.") because he graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Texas after managing the full course load in only - you guessed it - 2 1/2 years.

    But I'm sure you'll manage to get some clueless Liberals excited at your implication that Bush didn't finish college.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #146
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,122

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObamacareFail View Post
    Ah...the ole daddy bought him a diploma at two ivy league leftwing universities, Harvard and Yale tactic. You are attempting to have it both ways. You want to criticize Walker for not having a degree...yet you cheapen degrees by suggesting that they can be bought at Yale and Harvard,.
    no. i only want to have it one way

    there is no way dubya enjoys his ivy league 'success' without daddy's help
    one of the repeated knocks on him as president was his obvious lack of interest in anything intellectually rigorous. which is why he abdicated to cheney and other neocons surrounding him to think and become informed on his behalf
    and in no way have i criticized walker for his lack of a degree. i would criticize him for most of his views, but not for failing to own a diploma; for a number of reasons. as an elected official, those who placed him in office found his intellectual capacity adequate for the job without a degree. ditto for the shrub. but more significantly, there are a great number of very smart, very accomplished people i have met who were without a degree. most were self educated by personal choice. others were forced to work to assist their families. and there were those who tried it and found that the university was too slow for them. bill gates comes to mind as an example from that latter group

    and if i were forced to speculate, based on the shown post and others devoid of critical thinking, you would appear no where among those i have pointed to as being accomplished
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #147
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    OK, but what kind of following will he have from military officers that must have college degrees to do their jobs?
    I don't know any military officers so I don't know how they'd feel, but do you believe that the military officers respect non-military people giving them orders simply because that person has a college degree? And what if your college degree is in Sports and Leisure studies from a college where you simply show up and pay money, and it's totally non-competitive to get in, and you can stay in by buying more attempts at credits?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #148
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    no. i only want to have it one way

    there is no way dubya enjoys his ivy league 'success' without daddy's help
    one of the repeated knocks on him as president was his obvious lack of interest in anything intellectually rigorous. which is why he abdicated to cheney and other neocons surrounding him to think and become informed on his behalf
    and in no way have i criticized walker for his lack of a degree. i would criticize him for most of his views, but not for failing to own a diploma; for a number of reasons. as an elected official, those who placed him in office found his intellectual capacity adequate for the job without a degree. ditto for the shrub. but more significantly, there are a great number of very smart, very accomplished people i have met who were without a degree. most were self educated by personal choice. others were forced to work to assist their families. and there were those who tried it and found that the university was too slow for them. bill gates comes to mind as an example from that latter group

    and if i were forced to speculate, based on the shown post and others devoid of critical thinking, you would appear no where among those i have pointed to as being accomplished
    So you have as much evidence that Bush got into and graduated from both Yale and Harvard based on his father's influence as people do about Obama getting into Occidental, Columbia and Harvard based on Affirmative Action.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't know any military officers so I don't know how they'd feel, but do you believe that the military officers respect non-military people giving them orders simply because that person has a college degree? And what if your college degree is in Sports and Leisure studies from a college where you simply show up and pay money, and it's totally non-competitive to get in, and you can stay in by buying more attempts at credits?
    At least you showed the wearwithall to get a degree.

  10. #150
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,951

    Re: Scott Walkers lack of College Degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    At least you showed the wearwithall to get a degree.
    I don't even know where my boss and his boss got their degrees, or for that matter, even if they have them. They may not.

    I got a degree. I have a BA in English with a minor in History. I graduated with Honors, and high Honors in English. I aced my LSATs and was offered full scholarships to two top 10 Law Schools, both of which I never acted on and instead went to work. 30 years later, I don't use my degree at all. I was 22 when I graduated from college, and as clueless as the day is long.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •