View Poll Results: A War-Hawk for 2016

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 3.39%
  • No

    114 96.61%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: A War-Hawk for 2016?

  1. #51
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    I'm not sure what a "War-Hawk" actually is but I'm guessing it's not a good thing. Most people who are expert at waging war hate waging war. It's what makes them expert and rational as opposed to flippant and hollow. Men and women who are expert at waging war don't issue ultimatums and/or red lines they have no intention of defending. Men and women who are expert at waging war don't issue "junior varsity" comments about an opponent that makes only the issuer of the comment look weak and juvenile.

    There are no military men or women running for the Presidential nomination of either party, that I'm aware of. But such a person would be a great option for the times we live in. In the absence of such a leader, I would hope that whomever wins the Presidency next time around will listen to and consult with their military leaders when it comes to these issues and doesn't consult only with political hacks who kiss his/her ass for a living.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #52
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,587

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    Do we need a war-hawk as the next President?

    I think we need someone who will roll up there sleeves and deal with Russia, Ukraine, the Mid-East, ISIS and North Africa. Each one of these areas plus a few other issues like Domestic Terrorism in Europe are some of Obama's failures. Foreign Policy used to be his strong suit. Not anymore!

    How many of you agree with me that we need a war-hawk as President? And no. I am not talking about Hillary.
    Since you apparently want us in a series of unending wars, I assume you're planning on enlisting to lead from the front, right? Or are you only so giddy about it because you know you won't have to lift a finger for it?

    No thanks, I've seen war and it's not fun and games.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  3. #53
    Whoa, daddy!
    MadLib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,225

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    Do we need a war-hawk as the next President?

    I think we need someone who will roll up there sleeves and deal with Russia, Ukraine, the Mid-East, ISIS and North Africa. Each one of these areas plus a few other issues like Domestic Terrorism in Europe are some of Obama's failures. Foreign Policy used to be his strong suit. Not anymore!

    How many of you agree with me that we need a war-hawk as President? And no. I am not talking about Hillary.
    I think someone who would carry out Obama-style foreign policy to a slightly greater extent, like Hillary, would be ideal. I disagree with the neoconservative approach to hostile states, but I also don't want a mindless isolationist like Ron Paul or even Rand Paul.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Hah. If someone put me in their sig, I'd never know. I have sigs off.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'm not sure what a "War-Hawk" actually is but I'm guessing it's not a good thing. Most people who are expert at waging war hate waging war. It's what makes them expert and rational as opposed to flippant and hollow. Men and women who are expert at waging war don't issue ultimatums and/or red lines they have no intention of defending. Men and women who are expert at waging war don't issue "junior varsity" comments about an opponent that makes only the issuer of the comment look weak and juvenile.

    There are no military men or women running for the Presidential nomination of either party, that I'm aware of. But such a person would be a great option for the times we live in. In the absence of such a leader, I would hope that whomever wins the Presidency next time around will listen to and consult with their military leaders when it comes to these issues and doesn't consult only with political hacks who kiss his/her ass for a living.
    Um hmm. Because everybody knows that being an expert at waging war is a virtue.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #55
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Um hmm. Because everybody knows that being an expert at waging war is a virtue.
    Apparently, you didn't. I'm glad I was of service.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by MadLib View Post
    I think someone who would carry out Obama-style foreign policy to a slightly greater extent, like Hillary, would be ideal. I disagree with the neoconservative approach to hostile states, but I also don't want a mindless isolationist like Ron Paul or even Rand Paul.
    Right, because if the view point and policy isn't aggression, its "mindless"! And because we can throw out the isolationist label on the person that can accomplish the ends without it. And then the strawman N Chamberlain can be pointed to every time somebody suggests a non military approach to problems, because again, we know that all problems have a Nazi/Hitler comparison.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #57
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Apparently, you didn't. I'm glad I was of service.
    You and your hateful propensity for violence has never been of service. I still consider war to be a human scourge. Certainly nothing of virtue.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #58
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,205

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    You and your hateful propensity for violence has never been of service. I still consider war to be a human scourge. Certainly nothing of virtue.
    Your false personal insults aside, I see you didn't understand a word I posted in the thread you quoted. Too bad.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #59
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    Do we need a war-hawk as the next President?

    I think we need someone who will roll up there sleeves and deal with Russia, Ukraine, the Mid-East, ISIS and North Africa. Each one of these areas plus a few other issues like Domestic Terrorism in Europe are some of Obama's failures. Foreign Policy used to be his strong suit. Not anymore!

    Roll up thier sleeves implies hard work, I think the hard work is expected of the young men and women we send to do violence on our behalf. "rolling ones sleeves" really isn't impressive.


    I for one am done with this endless cycle of war with no purpose.


    How many of you agree with me that we need a war-hawk as President? And no. I am not talking about Hillary.


    We are not a country who's political system can stand a long protracted war.


    If we do get a "war-hawk" president, will you be fighting for him?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #60
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Your false personal insults aside, I see you didn't understand a word I posted in the thread you quoted. Too bad.
    False?!? This criticism has much company in elements on both fringes, one of which you reside.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •