View Poll Results: A War-Hawk for 2016

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    4 3.39%
  • No

    114 96.61%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 71

Thread: A War-Hawk for 2016?

  1. #31
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Booth View Post
    I feel like I've heard ecofarm call her that once, but I can't quite remember.
    Perhaps, though it would be ironic for a war hawk to call somebody a war hawk.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #32
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    When they "hit our shores" it is our business. Until then, it is not. That we "go offshore" is why they "hit our shores" to begin with.
    Now all we need is for more of our leaders to acknowledge the same, and we can make progress.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  3. #33
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    No, I don't want a war hawk.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #34
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Declan View Post
    When they "hit our shores" it is our business. Until then, it is not. That we "go offshore" is why they "hit our shores" to begin with.
    Japan hit our shores and you say the only reason terrorists hit our shores is because we went offshore first. Does naive mean anything to you. You must be really pissed off at Obama for bombing Libya, adding more troops in Afghanistan, bombing ISIS in Iraq and Syria. Gee if we only let them kill us whenever they want and we do nothing in return they will get tired and stop killing us, and let us live in peace. Give me a break. Your world is seen through a small pinhole.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  5. #35
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,828

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    I don't know if we need a war hawk, but we do need someone who will garner respect from the international community, and can help rally them around a common cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    Do we need a war-hawk as the next President?

    I think we need someone who will roll up there sleeves and deal with Russia, Ukraine, the Mid-East, ISIS and North Africa. Each one of these areas plus a few other issues like Domestic Terrorism in Europe are some of Obama's failures. Foreign Policy used to be his strong suit. Not anymore!

    How many of you agree with me that we need a war-hawk as President? And no. I am not talking about Hillary.
    What does any of this mean? Do you want a president who acts like a tough guy or do you want a president who will actually start a war?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Japan hit our shores and you say the only reason terrorists hit our shores is because we went offshore first. Does naive mean anything to you. You must be really pissed off at Obama for bombing Libya, adding more troops in Afghanistan, bombing ISIS in Iraq and Syria. Gee if we only let them kill us whenever they want and we do nothing in return they will get tired and stop killing us, and let us live in peace. Give me a break. Your world is seen through a small pinhole.
    I'm pissed off at Obama for all those things and at FDR for provoking that attack.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #37
    Sage
    Born Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Sonny and Nice
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,396

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    I'm pissed off at Obama for all those things and at FDR for provoking that attack.
    Now it's "if we provoke", that is reason to attak and kill us. Gee if we only had no interest outside of our borders. Of course our southern border anyone can cross it anytime they want. Yeah I know the only reason Mexicans are crossing our border is because we pissed them off once. Your dead set on your simple view of things. If one country is nuking another, not our problem. If another Holocaust is happening not our problem. Let the world destroy itself as long as they don't touch our land and if they do it's because we pissed them off at one point and we should let them destroy us, because we deserve it.
    Liberals - Punish the Successful, Reward the Unsuccessful
    Liberals - Tax, Borrow, Spend, and Give Free Stuff
    Obama's legacy - President Donald Trump

  8. #38
    feckless bon vivant

    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,761

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post

    also, i have a proposal. back in the middle ages, the king and noblemen led the troops into battle. perhaps we should return to that way of doing things. also, wartime tax rates should be in effect whenever we are at war.
    Good idea.
    You wanna be commander-in-chief, eh?
    You wanna "protect our interests", eh?
    To the frontlines with you!!
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  9. #39
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,112

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    Good idea.
    You wanna be commander-in-chief, eh?
    You wanna "protect our interests", eh?
    To the frontlines with you!!
    my guess is that politicians would be much less enthusiastic about new wars if they had to directly participate. there are exceptions to that rule, granted.

  10. #40
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: A War-Hawk for 2016?

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Now it's "if we provoke", that is reason to attak and kill us. Gee if we only had no interest outside of our borders. Of course our southern border anyone can cross it anytime they want. Yeah I know the only reason Mexicans are crossing our border is because we pissed them off once. Your dead set on your simple view of things. If one country is nuking another, not our problem. If another Holocaust is happening not our problem. Let the world destroy itself as long as they don't touch our land and if they do it's because we pissed them off at one point and we should let them destroy us, because we deserve it.
    It's certainly their reason, same with 9/11, and it's been articulated by many of them in various forms. The only country that's ever nuked another is the US. otherwise, containment is preferred to hostilities. As for Hitler, there's plenty of ways he could of been dealt with long before hostilities were the only solution left. And there's people like Prescott Walker Bush, busted under the TWTEA that were profiting off the Hitler machine. Problem is greed makes for nasty people at times.
    Last edited by Montecresto; 02-16-15 at 05:14 PM.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •