View Poll Results: Should Undocumented Immigrants Be Eligible For Emergency Benefits?

Voters
513. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    234 45.61%
  • Yes, in fact I'm cool with giving them all medical benefits.

    260 50.68%
  • No.

    9 1.75%
  • Hell no.

    10 1.95%
  • I'm on the fence...

    0 0%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

    Now, I think most people on both sides of the immigration debate can agree that undocumented immigrants should largely be ineligible for government benefits. But, how many people take the hardline on this? Would you consider emergency benefits to be an exception? For example, if an undocumented immigrant were to be shot or otherwise fatally wounded, would you support financial help to ensure they do not die?

  2. #2
    Educator Sietske22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    01-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    772

    Re: Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Now, I think most people on both sides of the immigration debate can agree that undocumented immigrants should largely be ineligible for government benefits. But, how many people take the hardline on this? Would you consider emergency benefits to be an exception? For example, if an undocumented immigrant were to be shot or otherwise fatally wounded, would you support financial help to ensure they do not die?
    Ronald Reagan signed a bill into law guarunteeing all persons in the USA have the right to be treated for all emergency medical conditions.

  3. #3
    User Bates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Last Seen
    03-08-15 @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23

    Re: Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

    What is an "undocumented immigrant"?

    The Anglosphere - English Liberty, English Tradition, English Law

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Sietske22 View Post
    Ronald Reagan signed a bill into law guarunteeing all persons in the USA have the right to be treated for all emergency medical conditions.
    I understand. I wasn't asking if it was legal or not, I was asking people's opinion on that. There's quite a few nutters out there I reckon would let them die.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    What is an "undocumented immigrant"?
    Exactly what it sounds like. An immigrant with no legal citizenship documents.

  6. #6
    Educator Sietske22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    01-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    772

    Re: Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    What is an "undocumented immigrant"?
    Its a bleeding heart's way of calling "illegal immigrants".

  7. #7
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Exactly what it sounds like. An immigrant with no legal citizenship documents.
    Illegal aliens are NOT immigrants, period. And we should stabilize them medically and deport. Longer term treatment is up to the host country.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    I understand. I wasn't asking if it was legal or not, I was asking people's opinion on that. There's quite a few nutters out there I reckon would let them die.
    I have no obligation towards anyone. If you ask me your whole line of reasoning is flawed.

  9. #9
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    Exactly what it sounds like. An immigrant with no legal citizenship documents.
    the term is illegal alien, based on the 1924 law, which uses that term for a person who enters the US illegally by going around the illegal process.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Emergency Benefits For Undocumented Immigrants

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Illegal aliens are NOT immigrants, period.
    Wow, you just said that....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •