View Poll Results: Do you support the Special Relationship?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 6.02%
  • No

    156 93.98%
  • Other

    0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Do you support the Special Relationship?

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,643
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Do you support the Special Relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    The Case of the Two Churchills - The New Yorker

    Obama did send it back but, there's another.
    Well, it was sent back since it was loaned to Bush, and yes there is another one. There is no evidence Obama even knew about it before people started to spazz out.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  2. #22
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,828

    Re: Do you support the Special Relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, it was sent back since it was loaned to Bush, and yes there is another one. There is no evidence Obama even knew about it before people started to spazz out.
    We all know Obama knows nothing. He'll be the first to say it was never brought to his "let me make this clear" attention.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  3. #23
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,643
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Do you support the Special Relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    We all know Obama knows nothing. He'll be the first to say it was never brought to his "let me make this clear" attention.
    It is not something that normally would be handled by a president. This is stuff the regular white house staff handles. Despite all the efforts to try and turn the Churchill bust into something, it is, like so many things, nothing at all.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Iíve always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  4. #24
    Powered by diesel
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    8,557

    Re: Do you support the Special Relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, it was sent back since it was loaned to Bush, and yes there is another one. There is no evidence Obama even knew about it before people started to spazz out.
    that's the problem today, everyone uses the terminology "the <fill in name of president here> administration announced" it's like we think the president is actually reviewing the many thousands of descisions that his staff of several hundred people plus their staffs are making.... and is fully responsible for all of them....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No one cares about your stupid hippy logic
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  5. #25
    User Bates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Last Seen
    03-08-15 @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23

    Re: Do you support the Special Relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I dont have a problem.
    Earlier you wrote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Ha ha. So far the vibe I'm getting from this thread is:

    "Yes, white people just like me, white people just like me, white people just like me."
    Can you please explain the meaning of this comment?

  6. #26
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,924

    Re: Do you support the Special Relationship?

    Keep the special relationship with the UK and end the one with Isreal.

  7. #27
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    19,389
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you support the Special Relationship?

    "The English and the Americans are two peoples separated by a common language."
    -Winston Churchill-
    YNWA

  8. #28
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,828

    Re: Do you support the Special Relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    that's the problem today, everyone uses the terminology "the <fill in name of president here> administration announced" it's like we think the president is actually reviewing the many thousands of descisions that his staff of several hundred people plus their staffs are making.... and is fully responsible for all of them....
    I believe the phrase is "the buck stops here"
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    13,249

    Re: Do you support the Special Relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I believe the phrase is "the buck stops here"
    Seems to be enshrined when it is the OTHER guy you are staring at. BushII had a dozen or so huge lies exposed when pushing to go into Iraq, yet I don't recall a huge CON chorus chanting "The Buck Stops Here!"

    Given Sen Cruz's track record with muck racking I'm more reserved in just how a bust loaned to one President was returned to the loaner nation after that President left office.

    I see a special relationship as a non binding proclamation, this one based on our majority settlers during our founding period. (lest we forget the Angloish folks here passed many laws and regulations to restrict 'other than Anglo' immigration.) For quite a long time after the closing of our Manifest Destiny our immigrant population was more Germanic than British, but the 'white guys' handle still fits.

    Will be interesting to see when 'Merica embraces a 'special relationship' with it's neighbor to the south.

  10. #30
    Believer
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    23,828

    Re: Do you support the Special Relationship?

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Seems to be enshrined when it is the OTHER guy you are staring at. BushII had a dozen or so huge lies exposed when pushing to go into Iraq, yet I don't recall a huge CON chorus chanting "The Buck Stops Here!"

    Given Sen Cruz's track record with muck racking I'm more reserved in just how a bust loaned to one President was returned to the loaner nation after that President left office.

    I see a special relationship as a non binding proclamation, this one based on our majority settlers during our founding period. (lest we forget the Angloish folks here passed many laws and regulations to restrict 'other than Anglo' immigration.) For quite a long time after the closing of our Manifest Destiny our immigrant population was more Germanic than British, but the 'white guys' handle still fits.

    Will be interesting to see when 'Merica embraces a 'special relationship' with it's neighbor to the south.
    Let's see. You brought W, race, White privilege and immigration into a conversation about a bust and our relationship with Britain.

    Completely ignoring the constant lying and corruption of the Obama Admin.
    "Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world." - Antonin Scalia

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •