View Poll Results: Should Cuba Be Removed From the US "List of State Sponsors of Terrorism"?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    87 91.58%
  • No

    8 8.42%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Should Cuba Be Removed From the US List of State Sponsor of Terrorism?

  1. #21
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should Cuba Be Removed From the US List of State Sponsor of Terrorism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    There's a term for these kind of really stupid arguments. And to be clear, it's not stupid because what you're saying is untrue, but because it has no relevance on the current topic as
    this is an American list we're talking about..
    .


    Right. And it's a pretty good bet that America didn't put itself on its own list, eh?

    I'm laughing to keep from crying.

    Because some of the things that the USA has done are mighty sad.

    There's a long list and I invite you to take a look at it.
    Last edited by shrubnose; 02-13-15 at 05:04 AM.

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,253

    Re: Should Cuba Be Removed From the US List of State Sponsor of Terrorism?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Which country has killed more totally innocent people on this planet: The USA or Cuba?

    Do a head count.

    You only have to kill someones relative or friend one time to make that person your enemy for the rest of their life.
    Is that why the Germans are always badmouthing America? We killed too many of them in the war! It has become a cultural thing.

    PS: Your argument was not very well aimed. Cuba was one of the prime exporters of Soviet era terrorism even before we called it thus.

  3. #23
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,938

    Re: Should Cuba Be Removed From the US List of State Sponsor of Terrorism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamster Buddha View Post
    Yes, because that's what we were looking to create, a radical Islamist organization that executes our own citizens. Get real...
    Our actions in starting an invasion of Iraq under false pretenses which led to the creation of ISIS needs to be addressed.

  4. #24
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,076

    Re: Should Cuba Be Removed From the US List of State Sponsor of Terrorism?

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    What terror groups have they sponsored?
    ETA and FARC.

  5. #25
    Guru
    Hamster Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 06:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,675

    Re: Should Cuba Be Removed From the US List of State Sponsor of Terrorism?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Our actions in starting an invasion of Iraq under false pretenses which led to the creation of ISIS needs to be addressed.
    Strangely enough, I don't think we invaded Syria in 2003, though from listening to guys like you it would sure seem like it...

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Right. And it's a pretty good bet that America didn't put itself on its own list, eh?

    I'm laughing to keep from crying.

    Because some of the things that the USA has done are mighty sad.

    There's a long list and I invite you to take a look at it.
    I doubt that even if Cuba was to be removed from list, the reason Obama is going to state isn't going to be "well **** we did some questionable stuff in the past, so we'll let you off the hook". I get that you revel in the American bashing but can we try and stay on point? Again, you're getting very close to going off topic.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Should Cuba Be Removed From the US List of State Sponsor of Terrorism?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Should Cuba Be Removed From the US "List of State Sponsors of Terrorism"?
    Should the US be added to the US list of state sponsors of terrorism!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  7. #27
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Should Cuba Be Removed From the US List of State Sponsor of Terrorism?

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    The US should put itself on that list since we created ISIS.
    Indubitably.

    The director of the National Security Agency under Ronald Reagan Lt. General William Odom noted:

    By any measure the US has long used terrorism. In 78-79 the Senate was trying to pass a law against international terrorism in every version they produced, the lawyers said the US would be in violation.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  8. #28
    Educator oncewas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ky.
    Last Seen
    10-11-16 @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    797

    Re: Should Cuba Be Removed From the US List of State Sponsor of Terrorism?

    Yes absolutely!


    It's not because John McCain doesn't care. It's because John McCain doesn't get it.
    Barack Obama
    At Democratic Party's Denver convention, August 2008.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •