View Poll Results: Does Jeb Bush Have a Schiavo Problem?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • This will be a huge problem for Jeb Bush

    250 93.28%
  • This will be bump on the road to the presidency

    6 2.24%
  • This is no biggie

    10 3.73%
  • Other

    2 0.75%
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 240

Thread: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

  1. #171
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    People are taken off life support every day and without drama. It's not like letting dead people die is news.
    Right...just like its not like people like you actually give a **** about it. As long as you have the opportunity to attack a republican...well...they are all just convenient excuses.

  2. #172
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Come on now, surely you're not accusing me of that. Perhaps you've been preoccupied with other topics and missed my policy criticisms of both Bush's and both Clintons.
    I wasn't talking about you when I said that. Not sure why you think I was?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #173
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'd also prefer to see some new blood, but I personally would never not vote for someone because of his/her last name. Even if that last name was Kennedy. It's all about who is the right person to lead this country, but then again, people admit to voting for candidates for the stupidest reasons I can't even imagine.
    A vote is your sacred franchise, I suppose to the one casting it, it's never stupid. And there's lots of single issue voters.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #174
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I wasn't talking about you when I said that. Not sure why you think I was?
    Well then you have my apologies for that misunderstanding, sorry.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #175
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    GW Bush left office with an approval of 22%. I think that may mean a lot of people regretted voting for him and won't make the same mistake again. Clinton left office with a RECORD 66% approval so Hillary won't have the same problem.
    I voted for GW Bush twice and while I was disappointed in him, I don't regret voting for him.

    I also know a vote for his brother wouldn't mean another vote for him, just like I didn't think I was voting for his father again, as I had in 1988, when I voted for him.

    If people are stupid enough to vote for Hillary because they think they're casting a 3rd vote for her husband, then that's just pathetic, but no surprise actually. The number of clueless voters in this country shouldn't surprise anyone.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #176
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,155

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    GW Bush left office with an approval of 22%. I think that may mean a lot of people regretted voting for him and won't make the same mistake again. Clinton left office with a RECORD 66% approval so Hillary won't have the same problem.
    but we are not voting for dubya or bill. their approval ratings from seven plus years prior will be meaningless
    we will have to choose between hillary or jeb
    if we are fortunate, hillary will bow out and we can elect Elizabeth Warren
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #177
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    A vote is your sacred franchise, I suppose to the one casting it, it's never stupid. And there's lots of single issue voters.
    Single issue voting is fine. I almost always end up voting for the person I think will do the best job with the economy. I'm not talking about single issue voters. I'm talking about voting for a candidate because you think you won't have to worry about putting gas in your car again, or because he's hot and a rock star, or because she's a woman, or because you don't like the Indian guy, etc. are all stupid reasons to cast a vote for the most powerful person in the world.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  8. #178
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Single issue voting is fine. I almost always end up voting for the person I think will do the best job with the economy. I'm not talking about single issue voters. I'm talking about voting for a candidate because you think you won't have to worry about putting gas in your car again, or because he's hot and a rock star, or because she's a woman, or because you don't like the Indian guy, etc. are all stupid reasons to cast a vote for the most powerful person in the world.
    In that case we're in complete agreement.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  9. #179
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Actually its EXTRAORDINARILY relevant to the case. There are a lot of people that are in her position or worse. She had parents that were willing to love her and care for her. She contributed to a quality of life. To the husband...she was merely inconvenient.

    Pick an argument and stick with it. Is your argument about eliminating the brain dead or are you really twisted because Jeb Bush intervened between a husband and a family?
    1. The question is not what her parents wanted. It is what she wanted as was communicated to her spouse. If I am ever brain dead I do not want to be kept on life support simply for the benefit of my parents. Instead I would want any settlements related to my condition and subsequent death to go to my wife and kids.

    2. The problem is indeed that Jeb Bush intervened in a personal medical issue that should have been left to the spouse, parents, and in their case the courts as well.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  10. #180
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,419

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Are you sharing this with me because you want my approval, or because you think this is what's being discussed? The topic of this thread is how this will impact Jeb Bush politically, not how you would react if Terri Schiavo were your daughter.
    You and others brought into the discussion the motivation of the parents. I certainly can understand the motivations of the parents as I am a parent as well. However, its an abuse of office for a governor or congress to get involved in a personal medical issue that should was settled in the courts.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •