View Poll Results: Does Jeb Bush Have a Schiavo Problem?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • This will be a huge problem for Jeb Bush

    250 93.28%
  • This will be bump on the road to the presidency

    6 2.24%
  • This is no biggie

    10 3.73%
  • Other

    2 0.75%
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 240

Thread: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

  1. #161
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Jeb's biggest problem is that people won't vote for him because his brother was an epic fail president.
    That's true of some, but your suggesting that because of that, there's a significant number of conservatives that would pull the lever for Hillary, when they largely believe her husband was an epic failure and that she lied us into a war??
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    That's true of some, but your suggesting that because of that, there's a significant number of conservatives that would pull the lever for Hillary, when they largely believe her husband was an epic failure and that she lied us into a war??
    Hillary does not need the Conservative vote to win easily. Jeb will fail with independents because of his family legacy though. He is already sounding just like his brother on foreign policy.

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Oh, I don't know. With each passing day of the BHO administration GWB looks better and better.
    What exactly is looking better? His decision to invade Iraq? His housing bubble or is it his financial collapse and the Great Recession that followed?

  4. #164
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Hillary does not need the Conservative vote to win easily. Jeb will fail with independents because of his family legacy though. He is already sounding just like his brother on foreign policy.
    Oh well, I hate all that second guessing business, I just don't wish for either of them to occupy the WH. And I'm very, very discouraged that America would allow either of those families back in there, really!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #165
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What exactly is looking better? His decision to invade Iraq? His housing bubble or is it the economy?
    That's funny dude!!
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  6. #166
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Oh well, I hate all that second guessing business, I just don't wish for either of them to occupy the WH. And I'm very, very discouraged that America would allow either of those families back in there, really!
    I'd also prefer to see some new blood, but I personally would never not vote for someone because of his/her last name. Even if that last name was Kennedy. It's all about who is the right person to lead this country, but then again, people admit to voting for candidates for the stupidest reasons I can't even imagine.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #167
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What exactly is looking better? His decision to invade Iraq? His housing bubble or is it his financial collapse and the Great Recession that followed?
    GWB handed off a victory in Iraq. BHO threw it away. Unemployment under BHO has only in recent months achieved what was the average level under GWB.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #168
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,373

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    His last name is only a problem among people who would never have voted for him anyway.
    GW Bush left office with an approval of 22%. I think that may mean a lot of people regretted voting for him and won't make the same mistake again. Clinton left office with a RECORD 66% approval so Hillary won't have the same problem.

  9. #169
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    GW Bush left office with a approval of 22%. I think that may mean a lot of people regretted voting for him and won't make the same mistake again.
    He's much more popular now.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #170
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'd also prefer to see some new blood, but I personally would never not vote for someone because of his/her last name. Even if that last name was Kennedy. It's all about who is the right person to lead this country, but then again, people admit to voting for candidates for the stupidest reasons I can't even imagine.
    Come on now, surely you're not accusing me of that. Perhaps you've been preoccupied with other topics and missed my policy criticisms of both Bush's and both Clintons.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •