View Poll Results: Does Jeb Bush Have a Schiavo Problem?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • This will be a huge problem for Jeb Bush

    250 93.28%
  • This will be bump on the road to the presidency

    6 2.24%
  • This is no biggie

    10 3.73%
  • Other

    2 0.75%
Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 240

Thread: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

  1. #151
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by Montecresto View Post
    Yes, his solution will be drivers licenses for illegals, colossal fail.
    His solution to the illegals problem will be far broader and more comprehensive than drivers licenses - that's a minor detail, not a policy solution to a problem that has plagued US government and politicians since it was partially addressed in the 80's and exasperated after 9/11.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #152
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    He's the best the GOP has no doubt. His last name will doom him though. His mom was right the first time.
    His last name is only a problem among people who would never have voted for him anyway.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #153
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    At the risk of getting too off topic....do you have any independents in mind?
    The other Texas Perry, Dunham and Sanders. But let's leave it at that for here, I'd gladly discuss it with you if you feel the urge to topic a thread with it though.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  4. #154
    Sage
    Montecresto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Seen
    03-13-16 @ 11:59 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,561

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    His solution to the illegals problem will be far broader and more comprehensive than drivers licenses - that's a minor detail, not a policy solution to a problem that has plagued US government and politicians since it was partially addressed in the 80's and exasperated after 9/11.
    Oh sure, he'll do more for them than that, some I'm sure that I'd have no issue with and some that I'd oppose.
    Killing one person is murder, killing 100,000 is foreign policy

  5. #155
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    If their brains are gone they are already dead. You wish to preserve their lifeless bodies because?
    Lets crank up the machines. Hell...IMAGINE the resources we could save if we get rid of all the inconvenient folk out there.

  6. #156
    Guru
    99percenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,076

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Jeb's biggest problem is that people won't vote for him because his brother was an epic fail president.
    bears, bulls, white sox fan 4 life!!!

  7. #157
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    She was effectively brain dead. Her brain had atrophied to the size of a walnut.

    This is a normal brain on the right with Shiavo's brain on the left:

    Attachment 67180560

    For all intents and purposes that woman was dead long before they pulled that feeding tube. She was a shell being kept functioning by life support. She was an adult and thus her husband at the time of her injury was the one whom society tasks to act in her medical interest. If she wanted her parents to make those kinds of decisions then she could have given her parents power of attorney when she was a health adult. However, she didn't because hardly anyone would want their parents to make such a decision. All of us who are married leave those decisions to our spouse. Now you can belittle her former husband all you want, but its irrelevant to the case.
    Actually its EXTRAORDINARILY relevant to the case. There are a lot of people that are in her position or worse. She had parents that were willing to love her and care for her. She contributed to a quality of life. To the husband...she was merely inconvenient.

    Pick an argument and stick with it. Is your argument about eliminating the brain dead or are you really twisted because Jeb Bush intervened between a husband and a family?

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,387

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Lets crank up the machines. Hell...IMAGINE the resources we could save if we get rid of all the inconvenient folk out there.
    People are taken off life support every day and without drama. It's not like letting dead people die is news.

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,387

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Actually its EXTRAORDINARILY relevant to the case. There are a lot of people that are in her position or worse. She had parents that were willing to love her and care for her. She contributed to a quality of life. To the husband...she was merely inconvenient.

    Pick an argument and stick with it. Is your argument about eliminating the brain dead or are you really twisted because Jeb Bush intervened between a husband and a family?
    Perhaps the parents should have consulted a taxidermist. She would have been just as "useful" stuffed. The idea that the brain dead should be kept "alive" to humor grieving relatives is frightening and horribly wrong on so many levels. Don't you believe in heaven too?
    Last edited by iguanaman; 02-16-15 at 04:08 PM.

  10. #160
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,920
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Does Jeb Bush have a Terri Schiavo Problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by 99percenter View Post
    Jeb's biggest problem is that people won't vote for him because his brother was an epic fail president.
    Oh, I don't know. With each passing day of the BHO administration GWB looks better and better.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •