View Poll Results: Will the US ever execute someone for a crime that does not result in the loss of life

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    144 67.29%
  • No

    70 32.71%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 95

Thread: Death Penalty for other crimes

  1. #71
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Death Penalty for other crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dobsdot00 View Post
    They don't care about people. We have no universal healthcare because of them. People die each year in this country because they have no health insurance. So there's your actual evidence for you.

    If only we had a Governmet run Healthcare system.

    If we did no one would be left out, ignored and left to die because they could not receive treatment.

    The VA is a great example of how Government run healthcare meets the needs of all its patients. No one is forgetten, mistreated or neglected.

    Liberals are blinded by their loyalty to a corrupt ideology. Too STILL push for Single payer after the VA let thousands of VETERANS suffer and die without treatment just shows they live in a alternative reality on a daily basis.

  2. #72
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,138

    Re: Death Penalty for other crimes

    Death Penalty for other crimes-270913946_efa38ec3d8-jpg
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  3. #73
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:29 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,417

    Re: Death Penalty for other crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dobsdot00 View Post
    If the US tried to execute people for petty misdemeanors, I guarantee nobody would care.
    I've noticed you tend to be something of an absolutest.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,695

    Re: Death Penalty for other crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dobsdot00 View Post
    Do you think the US will ever execute someone for a crime that does not involve loss of life. Such as petty theft, tax evasion, etc.
    I kind of wish they would.

    I'm of the opinion that Kennedy v Louisiana was a horrible decision and I unabashedly advocate the death penalty for baby rapers.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,695

    Re: Death Penalty for other crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dobsdot00 View Post
    No, you're wrong. The Republican controlled Congress and Senate will expand the death penalty to non violent crimes. And Obama will sign it into law.
    Wait, what's with the goalpost realignment?

    Your original question was about the death penalty for some crimes that didn't involve the loss of life and now you're talking about non-violent crimes. Which one do you want to discuss?

    Were you serious about Republicans advocating for the death penalty for tax evasion? Is that really what you wanted to discuss? OK. Fine. As far as I'm concerned we have a whole hell of a lot more to fear from DEMOCRATS wanting to kill people for not paying taxes than we do from Republicans. After all, it's Democrats that always want more and more taxes and demonize "the 1%".

  6. #76
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Death Penalty for other crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dobsdot00 View Post
    I reported you.
    Don't post to tell people you've reported them. It's tacky and it only leads to further hostilities.

  7. #77
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Death Penalty for other crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Poiuy View Post
    Well first off 'Universal Health Care' does not work.
    Tell that to the rest of the civilized world. They've had it for years.

  8. #78
    Why so un**great?
    DifferentDrummr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Facepalm Beach
    Last Seen
    06-04-17 @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,818
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Death Penalty for other crimes

    "Ever?"

    Nobody can predict how long the United States will even exist, much less whether it will ever pass a particular law. The question needs some tweaking.
    I fight against the ignorant, irresponsible, and/or closed-minded.
    This group is the worst enemy of America and its freedoms. It includes, but is not limited to, all Trump supporters.

  9. #79
    Educator oncewas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ky.
    Last Seen
    10-11-16 @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    797

    Re: Death Penalty for other crimes

    I doubt it, if they do it will be a person of color.!


    It's not because John McCain doesn't care. It's because John McCain doesn't get it.
    Barack Obama
    At Democratic Party's Denver convention, August 2008.

  10. #80
    User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    04-17-16 @ 10:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    62

    Re: Death Penalty for other crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by oncewas View Post
    I doubt it, if they do it will be a person of color.!
    Are you serious, do you realy think that we will single out colored people to be executed for crimes? I sure hope not

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •