View Poll Results: Why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's just a coincidence, an accident of economics.

    1 0.74%
  • These are just lies fed to us by the liberal media!

    3 2.21%
  • Yes, certain socialized programs DO benefit a democracy's economic health.

    132 97.06%
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 201

Thread: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Too much regulation is causing that.
    That's a vast oversimplification of an extremely complex economic problem. Do I agree that, to an extent, our regulatory system is rigged to benefit corporate capitalists? Sure! But this is a chicken and the egg kind of debate, because somewhere along the way cronyists have had to exist to buy off government to get such benefits. Which leads us to an issue far beyond a few petty regulations or a bad President, but rather a structural issue that permeates the whole system. It's not a matter of voting Republican or Democrat or Libertarian. It's a matter of kicking cronyists out of the halls of our government, fostering nationwide worker revolution, and overhauling the current failed corporatist economic system in favor of an economic system that allows for true equal opportunity and catches those among us that slip along the trail to success.

  2. #62
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    That's a vast oversimplification of an extremely complex economic problem. Do I agree that, to an extent, our regulatory system is rigged to benefit corporate capitalists? Sure! But this is a chicken and the egg kind of debate, because somewhere along the way cronyists have had to exist to buy off government to get such benefits. Which leads us to an issue far beyond a few petty regulations or a bad President, but rather a structural issue that permeates the whole system. It's not a matter of voting Republican or Democrat or Libertarian. It's a matter of kicking cronyists out of the halls of our government, fostering nationwide worker revolution, and overhauling the current failed corporatist economic system in favor of an economic system that allows for true equal opportunity and catches those among us that slip along the trail to success.
    Cronyism will never go away. The only way thing to do is back off the regulations that accomplish little more than make it harder for small businesses to get started and survive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #63
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

    "Democracy is the road to socialism." - Karl Marx

    "Democracy is indispensable to socialism." - Vladimir Lenin

    those that advocate for democracy , either have no idea what it really is or are socialist who know exactly what it is.

    the american founding fathers, HATE democratic forms of government.

  4. #64
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    So explain why it is that all the most successful representative democracies ALL have big government, high effective taxes, and strong regulation.
    I suppose it depends on how you define “success”. If you define “success” by the power and robustness of the government, then perhaps you have a point. I would rather define success by the liberty and prosperity of the people; and by this definition, your entire argument falls flat.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Cronyism will never go away. The only way thing to do is back off the regulations that accomplish little more than make it harder for small businesses to get started and survive.
    By....praying? The superclass owns our government. Actually, it is our government. It will not vote itself less power. Especially since the American populace is made up of corporate shills that think Walmart is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that actually making corporations pay their fair share of taxes is communism.

  6. #66
    Electrician
    Bob Blaylock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    North 38°28′ West 121°26′
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,745

    Re: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    What a load of nonsense. Without free markets the steam engine would have been useless, for it would not have been put to productive use. Without free markets, there would have been no industrial revolution. The increases in wealth of the 19th century would have been nonexistent. This is a historical fact, and your attempt at rewriting it is petty.
    I'm thinking of the “windmill” in Orwell's Animal Farm. I can easily see, in the sort of society that the OP desires, that there'd be a huge collective effort to construct a “steam engine”, driven by promises of massively-increased prosperity when it is put into operation, with this effort producing a huge, disorderly contraption that does nothing but consume a huge amount of the community's resources to construct and maintain it.
    The five great lies of the Left Wrong:
    We can be Godless and free. • “Social justice” through forced redistribution of wealth. • Silencing religious opinions counts as “diversity”. • Freedom without moral and personal responsibility. • Civilization can survive the intentional undermining of the family.

  7. #67
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    By....praying? The superclass owns our government. Actually, it is our government. It will not vote itself less power. Especially since the American populace is made up of corporate shills that think Walmart is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that actually making corporations pay their fair share of taxes is communism.
    this is correct, however it is because of democracy that our government is run by an oligarchy.

    democratic forms of government have many factionous combinations..

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    it is because of democracy that our government is run by an oligarchy.
    You just said that...wow.

  9. #69
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    You just said that...wow.
    yes i did, ...read James Madison, he says the same thing, which is why the founders created a republican form of government ,article 4 section 4 of the u.s. constitution.

    the founders hate democratic forms of government because special interest/factions, buy their way to power because democratic forms, centralize power, while republican forms of government divde power making it difficult for faction/special interest to operate and control government.

  10. #70
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: So...why are all first-world democracies, socialized democracies?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    He is misusing Democracy as you knew .


    But the interesting thing here is the stretchy definition of the word "Socialism". A hundred dollars to a nickel says that if someone tried to point to Cuba, the USSR, North Korea, Venezuela, etc. as evidence that socialism is economically destructive, he would insist on the No True Socialism fallacy, defining it as strictly as possible. But here, apparently, Socialism can be interpreted as broadly as possible, even to the bland "a welfare safety net".
    Leftwingers always want to be in charge of definitions.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •