View Poll Results: Death Penalty For White Collar Crimes

Voters
279. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    228 81.72%
  • No

    51 18.28%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 108

Thread: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

  1. #21
    Sage
    Crovax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,557

    Re: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    What polls are you looking at? I have never seen one with less then 55% support
    Just to back you up


  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,308

    Re: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton3 View Post
    How do white collar criminals kill?
    That is the reason I chose the Euro as an example. It is easy in that case. The deaths came about and are still happening, because the economy was destroyed and people could not get medical treatment, cannot heat nor get water. But there are other cases as well. When weapons are sold to countries without permission or when a chemical plant explodes because it was poorly maintained, that is no longer negligence. People die because they land on the street after having been defrauded of their house or bank account. Freeze to death say. There are lots of things that white collar criminals can do that cause death or destroy lives.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Last Seen
    07-24-16 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    5,849
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post

    Though I'll consider supporting mandatory death penalty for anyone who commits a crime while in physical possession of a firearm...whether they use it or not.
    That's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've ever hear regarding the death penalty.

  4. #24
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,841

    Re: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dobsdot00 View Post
    Would you support the death penalty for white collar crimes?
    Does that include poor spelling?
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  5. #25
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,841

    Re: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't condone the death penalty for anything other than the most heinous of crimes...murder, rape, etc.

    Though I'll consider supporting mandatory death penalty for anyone who commits a crime while in physical possession of a firearm...whether they use it or not.
    And the death penalty for hyperbolic morons.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  6. #26
    Educator oncewas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ky.
    Last Seen
    10-11-16 @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    797

    Re: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

    Absolutely,the law isn't about " Justice " anyway.The USA,been killing innocent people forever.White collar crimes are crime's.Think about all the lives B.Madoff destroyed.


    It's not because John McCain doesn't care. It's because John McCain doesn't get it.
    Barack Obama
    At Democratic Party's Denver convention, August 2008.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,479

    Re: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't condone the death penalty for anything other than the most heinous of crimes...murder, rape, etc.

    Though I'll consider supporting mandatory death penalty for anyone who commits a crime while in physical possession of a firearm...whether they use it or not.
    Really. So if I committed the crime of bribery while physically carrying a firearm - even one that I can legally carry - I should be put to death?
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  8. #28
    Sage
    Gaius46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,479

    Re: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

    I don't support the death penalty for murderers given the number of innocent people on death row. I certainly won't support it for a non violent property crime. In fact I'd call it one of the stupider ideas I've heard. Either that or perhaps something that Joe Stalin might have supported.
    Don't be a grammar nazi - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations, Book 1 #7

  9. #29
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,849

    Re: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by Dobsdot00 View Post
    Would you support the death penalty for white collar crimes?
    Under what justification?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,849

    Re: Death Penalty For White Colloar Crimes

    Quote Originally Posted by joG View Post
    White collar criminals that kill others albeit indirectly should be treated like other criminals that caused similar damage.
    In the US I dont think the DP is applied to people that cause death indirectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •