View Poll Results: Good or bad thing to do

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

    9 8.91%
  • Bad

    92 91.09%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 117

Thread: Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

  1. #1
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

    This is the video of ISIS burning the Jordanian pilot to death in a cage.

    WARNING, EXTREMELY GRAPHIC VIDEO: ISIS burns hostage alive| Latest News Videos | Fox News

    Good or Bad


  2. #2
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    This is the video of ISIS burning the Jordanian pilot to death in a cage.

    WARNING, EXTREMELY GRAPHIC VIDEO: ISIS burns hostage alive| Latest News Videos | Fox News

    Good or Bad
    I actually viewed this video several days ago after someone on DP pointed it out. While I didn't understand much of what was being said, I took it for the propaganda piece it is and commented on the "production values" - it could win a best documentary short feature at the Academy Awards or more likely at Sundance.

    That said, I was glad to have the unfiltered opportunity to view it. Unlike the usual beheading videos, this piece furthered my belief that this is a far more serious, far more organized, far more funded threat than ones that preceded it. That's a valuable lesson to learn. I wish more people would view it in its entirety for that very reason.

    As a news channel, I believe FOX did the right thing here. This helps explain the reaction of Jordan and the reaction of many Muslims not only in the west but in the Middle East as well. This video easily gets to those who follow ISIS on various websites but doesn't get to the average citizen here in the west. It's good, in my view, to fully expose these less than human savages.

    And if we all want to claim Je suis Charlie, we have to take the good with the bad when it comes to reporting news and newsmakers.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #3
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

    Not only is it in absolute poor taste, they are basically advertising ISIS.

    FoxNews' new tagline:

    Suck it 4chan amateur pukes!
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  4. #4
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I actually viewed this video several days ago after someone on DP pointed it out. While I didn't understand much of what was being said, I took it for the propaganda piece it is and commented on the "production values" - it could win a best documentary short feature at the Academy Awards or more likely at Sundance.

    That said, I was glad to have the unfiltered opportunity to view it. Unlike the usual beheading videos, this piece furthered my belief that this is a far more serious, far more organized, far more funded threat than ones that preceded it. That's a valuable lesson to learn. I wish more people would view it in its entirety for that very reason.

    As a news channel, I believe FOX did the right thing here. This helps explain the reaction of Jordan and the reaction of many Muslims not only in the west but in the Middle East as well. This video easily gets to those who follow ISIS on various websites but doesn't get to the average citizen here in the west. It's good, in my view, to fully expose these less than human savages.

    And if we all want to claim Je suis Charlie, we have to take the good with the bad when it comes to reporting news and newsmakers.
    I disagree, I don't think we need videos like this to show how evil ISIS is. I think Fox News did ISIS work for them. They will show this, but you'll never see what those car bombs did to the people in Iraq and to our troops. You'll see car parts everywhere, but you won't see parts of bodies on the streets.;


  5. #5
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,458

    Re: Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I actually viewed this video several days ago after someone on DP pointed it out. While I didn't understand much of what was being said, I took it for the propaganda piece it is and commented on the "production values" - it could win a best documentary short feature at the Academy Awards or more likely at Sundance.

    That said, I was glad to have the unfiltered opportunity to view it. Unlike the usual beheading videos, this piece furthered my belief that this is a far more serious, far more organized, far more funded threat than ones that preceded it. That's a valuable lesson to learn. I wish more people would view it in its entirety for that very reason.

    As a news channel, I believe FOX did the right thing here. This helps explain the reaction of Jordan and the reaction of many Muslims not only in the west but in the Middle East as well. This video easily gets to those who follow ISIS on various websites but doesn't get to the average citizen here in the west. It's good, in my view, to fully expose these less than human savages.

    And if we all want to claim Je suis Charlie, we have to take the good with the bad when it comes to reporting news and newsmakers.

    I doubt many local TV stations could have fashioned as slick a presentation. I count four cameras on the event, and some switching effects not available through circuit city. It has been my contention from the first beheading that what is perceived is not what is, we are being very cleverly and sophisticatedly manipulated. Of course we see the offset, impact war visuals, US troops over Jordanian troops, kill Jordan for being America's friend. We see that, but I watch with an uneasy silence wondering what, through my cultural ignorance, am I missing. This is a call to fight, an invitation of emotion to the youth of Islam to get even against America and anyone who helps her, even fellow Muslims as this video is clearly making a case for.

    Which makes Obama's prayer breakfast fiasco that much more frightening. The White House must know what are those hidden appeals, and yet Obama deliberately down played this tape by comparing it to the crusades.

    I do not believe in conspiracies, too many people stand to gain too much by talking and every reporter knows everyone wants to talk...off the record.

    But, this frightens me
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  6. #6
    Sage
    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,266

    Re: Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

    If it was being posted for its news value then FOX would have included English subtitles. But they didn't because they were just going for shock value.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I disagree, I don't think we need videos like this to show how evil ISIS is.
    I think Fox News did ISIS work for them. They will show this, but you'll never see what those car bombs did to the people in Iraq and to our troops. You'll see car parts everywhere, but you won't see parts of bodies on the streets.;
    Give Obama a call.
    He said we're making too big of a deal about all this terrorism mumbo jumbo.
    Must be our high horse and all.
    IF SOMETHING EXPLAINS EVERYTHING, IT EXPLAINS NOTHING.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,285

    Re: Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

    Okay ... soooooo ... showing the barbarity of ISIS is an advertisement for them but a President reinforcing their recruiting pitch is a history lesson.
    IF SOMETHING EXPLAINS EVERYTHING, IT EXPLAINS NOTHING.

  9. #9
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

    ISIS needs a media outlet to advance their message. What better outlet than FOX? Gotta love free speech! Even when it comes back and bites you in the ass.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #10
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Fox News posts the ISIS propaganda video on their website.

    Good or bad what?

    They posted that video 6 days ago. Have I watched it anywhere that it's available? No. But I don't look at train crashes or pictures of dead children either, so it's not my thing anyway.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •