View Poll Results: What is Modern Feminism

Voters
189. You may not vote on this poll
  • Equal Rights for women

    17 8.99%
  • Equal RIghts for everyone

    156 82.54%
  • A hate group

    8 4.23%
  • People not understanding reality

    8 4.23%
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 172

Thread: What is Modern Feminism about?

  1. #111
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: What is Modern Feminism about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Shouting people down is clearly something you endorsed when you spoke of Palin.
    what do you think free speech is?
    "...it is all the more clear what we have to accomplish at present: I am referring to ruthless criticism of all that exists,"

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: What is Modern Feminism about?

    Quote Originally Posted by instagramsci View Post
    then does libertarianism still exist?
    The only reason it grows at all anymore is because some people want to be free and they talk to each other about it.


    im not making them shut up. they can continue to express whatever they want but im not against them being mocked
    Mocking people is many times used by those that lack an argument or want the opposition to shut up. If you're opposed to her ideas on abortion then challenge her to a debate and show the world that she is wrong. Use her popularity against her instead of just calling her names because she's pretty.

  3. #113
    economically ☭ socially ☭

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: What is Modern Feminism about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Are you homophobic and a bigot?
    nope. i am actually almost as gay as gay can be. im saying that gays were also once accused of being delusional. its not much different in this case

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    How are they distinctly different? Do you think they are the same then?
    i dont think they are the same. i think they are different because i dont believe in biological essentialism


    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Nope. It is an argument by our resident psychologist Captain Courtesy. He has links that he thinks are "proof" though. He is also on your side regarding this. His arguments are simply guesses...
    i havent seen you post anything that supports your "side". just accusations of delusion and comparisons to bi-polarness and schizophrenia
    "...it is all the more clear what we have to accomplish at present: I am referring to ruthless criticism of all that exists,"

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: What is Modern Feminism about?

    Feminism is a crock. The world was a better place when women were women and didn't try to act like men.

    Giving women the right to vote was a mistake.

    Family law is a joke and for the most part, totally favors women and does nothing to actually strengthen families.

    Employment laws that force employers to hire women over other candidates who might be better qualified is a crock.

    Basically, we've gone backward since the 1950's and it would be nice to see us go back to a more traditional way of viewing the genders.

  5. #115
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: What is Modern Feminism about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Feminism is a crock. The world was a better place when women were women and didn't try to act like men.

    Giving women the right to vote was a mistake.

    Family law is a joke and for the most part, totally favors women and does nothing to actually strengthen families.

    Employment laws that force employers to hire women over other candidates who might be better qualified is a crock.

    Basically, we've gone backward since the 1950's and it would be nice to see us go back to a more traditional way of viewing the genders.
    ^ This is the type of guy that leads women to become mysandrists . . . just in case anyone hadn't realized that.

    Such behavior is antiquated. Yet it's prevalent and women have to deal with it often. I suppose it's like black people still being called nigger by the bumbling redneck racists in the world. Modern day trash spewed from lowly mouths and empty brains.
    Last edited by Aunt Spiker; 02-09-15 at 03:01 AM.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  6. #116
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: What is Modern Feminism about?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    So what does everyone think about Modern Feminism?

    I personally think it is not about about equal rights for women but more a movement to bring down men and make women superior to men in the eyes of the law.
    Who wants that and why?

    It makes no more sense than keeping any other group of people down...bad for society overall. However when people are used to a certain status quo (is that redundant?), they often resent...sometimes not even recognize...what they see as entitlement being challenged.

    Similar to some whites view of equal rights for blacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: What is Modern Feminism about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    ^ This is the type of guy that leads women to become mysandrists . . . just in case anyone hadn't realized that.

    Such behavior is antiquated. Yet it's prevalent and women have to deal with it often. I suppose it's like black people still being called nigger by the bumbling redneck racists in the world. Modern day trash spewed from lowly mouths and empty brains.
    Tsk. So much name-calling, so little substance.

    Whereas I can back up every claim I made with facts and data. At the end of the day, voting should be limited to one vote per pair, family law should be rolled back to where it doesn't ENCOURAGE divorce and bad behavior, and employees should be able to hire the most qualified candidate without having to meet arbitrary quotas designed to artificially prop up certain demographics.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: What is Modern Feminism about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Tsk. So much name-calling, so little substance.

    Whereas I can back up every claim I made with facts and data. At the end of the day, voting should be limited to one vote per pair, family law should be rolled back to where it doesn't ENCOURAGE divorce and bad behavior, and employees should be able to hire the most qualified candidate without having to meet arbitrary quotas designed to artificially prop up certain demographics.
    So single women shouldnt vote? Or women 18 before marriage? Do these single women need to own property first too?

    (Gonna be fun with mail in votes...whoever picks up the mail that day votes! Or does it have to be the male's signature?)

    Yes, I would like to see all that backed up by facts and data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: What is Modern Feminism about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Feminism is a crock. The world was a better place when women were women and didn't try to act like men.

    Giving women the right to vote was a mistake.

    Family law is a joke and for the most part, totally favors women and does nothing to actually strengthen families.

    Employment laws that force employers to hire women over other candidates who might be better qualified is a crock.

    Basically, we've gone backward since the 1950's and it would be nice to see us go back to a more traditional way of viewing the genders.
    wow dude... those are some ugly words.

    you oughta put some deep thought into them .. cuz' that **** ain't right at all.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles area
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,868

    Re: What is Modern Feminism about?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    ^ This is the type of guy that leads women to become mysandrists . . . just in case anyone hadn't realized that.

    Such behavior is antiquated. Yet it's prevalent and women have to deal with it often. I suppose it's like black people still being called nigger by the bumbling redneck racists in the world. Modern day trash spewed from lowly mouths and empty brains.
    I don't share all the poster's opinions, but I agree with some of what he said. And I don't think that means I am spewing trash, or that I have either a lowly mouth or an empty brain. I also don't think I suffer from antiquated behavior, unless (maybe so!) it's now seen as antiquated for a man to be attracted only to women.

    I've sometimes made women pretty mad at me, but they liked guys far too much for me ever to have turned them into man-haters. And it was not my views on feminism that made them mad.

    I don't like women to try to act like men, either. As a normal man, I like women who act like women--i.e. nice people who are pleasant and interesting to be around, like all sorts of girly things that bore me stiff, really like men, have minds of their own--and are not carrying a chip on their shoulder.

    Why does the posters' denunciation of laws that force employers to hire women even though male candidates might be better qualified, assuming there are laws which do that, deserve the insults you heaped on his post? Maybe you don't think preferential treatment of women exists. But if you think it does and yet are trying to defend it, you're only proving the OP's point.

    There is no question that states continue to favor black applicants in their graduate admissions policies for state schools. I can't prove the same happens with female applicants, or in a private rather than public setting, but what I saw and heard in graduate school and in a couple law offices makes me strongly suspect it.

    This poster is hardly the first person to claim that family law in general stacks the deck against men, does not strengthen families, and needs to be reformed. I'd go so far as to say that's pretty widely recognized by people who have studied the matter--including many women.
    Last edited by matchlight; 02-09-15 at 04:47 AM.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •