View Poll Results: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

Voters
210. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

    199 94.76%
  • No.

    8 3.81%
  • Islam is evil, so anything they do/say is worthless.

    3 1.43%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 114

Thread: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

  1. #21
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,915

    Re: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    What about the countries of south east Asia that also have large populations of Muslims?
    Sure...them, too....but we are talking about ISIS here. From what I know, those guys are in the Me.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  2. #22
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,000

    Re: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Sure...them, too....but we are talking about ISIS here. From what I know, those guys are in the Me.
    Not all Muslims live in the Middle East.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  3. #23
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24,123

    Re: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I think that for the sake of 'satisfaction', clerics could get together and excommunicate anyone involved with ISIS and make it well known why. If that can be done in the religion, I don't know. That would be a great way of removing religion from their motive.
    Right - all it takes is a seriously firm rebuke, and they will stop immediately.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #24
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,915

    Re: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    Not all Muslims live in the Middle East.
    Yes, I know, Captain Obvious. What's your point?
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #25
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,000

    Re: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Yes, I know, Captain Obvious. What's your point?
    I think the reason why most Muslims are not vocal about ISIS is because most of them are not affected by Isis's actions or have heard their propaganda.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #26
    feckless bon vivant
    radioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lotusland
    Last Seen
    05-19-18 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,961

    Re: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Depends on who is doing the condemning, I'd say.

    If it's a few in the US or EU, that's pretty much useless. ISIS don't care what they think.
    I don't think ISIS cares what ANYBODY thinks.
    They are a gang of vicious thugs.
    Their quest for power isn't motivated by public opinion polls.

    But if it's a LOT in the ME...from people willing to put their condemnation to action...which is something we haven't seen all that much of...that would be useful.
    It appears that several ME countries have joined the fight.
    That fact is useful.
    No matter how cynical I become toward politicians, it's never enough.

  7. #27
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    27,403

    Re: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Right - all it takes is a seriously firm rebuke, and they will stop immediately.
    (chuckle)

    Separating them from their religion in a public way is the step to destroying their reason to fight. No motivation, no fighters. You have to demoralize these guys on ways that tehy can;t recover; the coalition will be fighting ISIS all along as well.
    “The people do not want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  8. #28
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,915

    Re: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    I think the reason why most Muslims are not vocal about ISIS is because most of them are not affected by Isis's actions or have heard their propaganda.
    I agree.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #29
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,915

    Re: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    I don't think ISIS cares what ANYBODY thinks.
    They are a gang of vicious thugs.
    Their quest for power isn't motivated by public opinion polls.



    It appears that several ME countries have joined the fight.
    That fact is useful.
    Yes, several HAVE joined the fight and that's a good thing. There could be more, though.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  10. #30
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,000

    Re: Can Muslims ever condemn ISIS enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Yes, several HAVE joined the fight and that's a good thing. There could be more, though.
    You expect that Muslim countries that have not been directly attacked by ISIS to get involved in fighting a war?
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •