View Poll Results: Should Doctor assisted suicide be legal?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    201 90.54%
  • Depends on the regulation put in place and circumstances

    12 5.41%
  • no

    9 4.05%
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 334

Thread: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

  1. #301
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Did you remember that post where you defended assisted suicide? Or the other one? Or the other one?
    I sure do. And in doing so It was I who was defending out individual right to our lives - which includes our right to end it. You on the other hand insist on the exact opposite.

    Maybe you remember one of them, I dunno. But each time you did that, yeah, you confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that you don't care about the human right to life.
    No, I didn't. That is your strawman.

    I don't care what you prefer. Your mere preferences don't alter what your rights are.
    My entitled to my preferences that's my right. Your dictatorial approach to human rights is disgusting.
    If you want to kill yourself, I think you have a right to do that. You don't have a right to have someone else do it for you.
    Yes, I do. I have evidence of the fact that I do. Period. You are wrong when you first posted in this thread and you are still wrong now.

    It's really just that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  2. #302
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    I sure do. And in doing so It was I who was defending out individual right to our lives
    Bull****. You're saying it doesn't exist, because you want it to be legal for you to ask someone else to kill you and have them comply.

    My entitled to my preferences that's my right. Your dictatorial approach to human rights is disgusting.
    On the contrary, your argument against human rights is disgusting.

  3. #303
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    What Kevorkian did to get convicted for murder remains illegal in every state.


    Exactly 3 states allow you to self-administer a lethal dose of medication.
    In states where it is legal there is not prohibition against doctors taking on the role of injecting the lethal dose, when the patient can not do it themselves.

    I've been arguing about the former this entire time; you've been defending it this entire time.
    I am defending the right for a doctor to inject if need be. Absolutely.
    Don't move the goalposts, Mr. "Your Logical Fallacy Is."
    I never moved it. That is yet another strawman of yours constantly insisting that I say or do things that I have not said or done.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  4. #304
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Bull****. You're saying it doesn't exist, because you want it to be legal for you to ask someone else to kill you and have them comply.
    No I'm not saying that and no matter how many times you insist that I am saying that will it make it true.
    I am defending the right to have the final say on your life. Period.



    On the contrary, your argument against human rights is disgusting.
    To bad that that's not my argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  5. #305
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,027

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    That doesn't answer the question. The physician is clearly using force, and a lethal amount of force at that; the patient is alive, then the doctor does something, and this something directly causes the patient to die.

    Who is the first one in this scenario to employ force?
    What is force? What is initiation of force?

    And the person who asks/initiates euthanasia is the patient. And the doctor is not doing anything he is not trained to do, he is not abusing force or initiating force. Whatever the doctor is doing is with the consent of the patient so all your force, initiation of force argument makes no sense/is not valid.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    So don't assert "legal" like it's already the case. 3 states allow the prescription of fatal medication that you self-administer. The doctor killing you is legal in exactly zero states.
    This thread is what people think about it. But maybe it should not be and in this thread we are discussing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Yes he does. By requesting someone else to kill you in aggression, you are asking them to violate your right to life, a right you cannot abdicate. In the United States, this will result in criminal charges for the other person should they take your request, and that is entirely appropriate.
    His rights are not being violated if euthanasia becomes legal. And if the government can end your life, why should you not be able to do it yourself? You are not abdicating you are choosing not to invoke your rights. At the moment in the US it is illegal but this thread as said discussing the desirability of it becoming legal and from the votes here it seems that most here want it to become legal.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Sure, PK. No action occurs whatsoever. You just walk up, administer medication, the person dies, and you didn't do anything. Sure, that's not force - I mean, it is by the definition of the word, but not in your book, apparently. So let's go with your "definition."

    If I were to walk up to some random person and administer that medication to them, and they died, you'd probably want that to be illegal, probably charges of murder. But you'd have no basis for that law, because as you just claimed, there was no force involved, I only gave them medication. If I didn't initiate force against that person, and by your standard, I didn't, then I did nothing wrong.
    Nobody says they did not do anything, but it is done with their consent. Stronger than that it is at the request of the patient.

    This is not something where a doctor walks up to a random person and administers medication to them that ends their live. That is illegal and hopefully it will remain illegal for ever because it is immoral and wrong. The doctor assisted suicide/euthanasia is not about random persons but specific persons who have a serious medical condition that is irreversible and in the end fatal. It also has to be a very painful condition. And this also again as to be done with previously given and documented consent.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Incorrect. By the definition of those words, it is always homicide and it is always in aggression. That is why it should be illegal.
    But not if the law has been changed to make it no longer homicide.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #306
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    ...
    Case and point.

    Vermont Passes Law Legalizing Assisted Suicide | CNS News
    Vermont became the fourth state on Monday to legalize the use of lethal injection on terminally ill patients.
    Do your homework, because you are not playing with a full deck here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  7. #307
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,027

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    No they are not.

    It's the Chinese people's duty to stand up for their rights and cast off any government that is destructive or violates their rights. If they won't, that's on them.
    But is not up to you do decide what unalienable rights are. Those are given to you by your constitution. They do not apply to people living in other nations/countries.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #308
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    You have to self-administer in Vermont.

    Be clear about what it is you want to debate. Stop moving the goalposts.

  9. #309
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    But is not up to you do decide what unalienable rights are.
    No it isn't.

    Those are given to you by your constitution.
    They sure as hell are not given to us by any document! The Constitution does not give rights. Government does not give rights. Governments are created by humans for the purpose of protecting our rights.

    Furthermore, the Constitution does not say one word about unalienable rights. The Declaration of Independence, however, does. You know, that thing I quoted earlier, directly, and even helped with bolding and underlining.

  10. #310
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    It's your life, if you want to end your life it is your choice, property rights.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •