View Poll Results: Should Doctor assisted suicide be legal?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    201 90.54%
  • Depends on the regulation put in place and circumstances

    12 5.41%
  • no

    9 4.05%
Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 334

Thread: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

  1. #271
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    You make an inane comparison, I call you on it, and your response is "NO U." So, I guess you're doing the whole total denial of reality routine. Hope that works out for you, but sorry - ain't nobody got time for that.
    You are the one comparing doctor suicide to murder. Not me. You are the one who claims that it is ok to offer palliative care for the sole purpose of making a suicide more soothing. You are thus the only one comparing palliative care to homicide. That is your own logic. because again Palliative care used solely to assist someone with their suicide, even if it is just to make it less painful is still assisting with that suicide.

    There is nothing juvenile about me throwing your own nonsense back in your face.



    No ****? "Assist a suicide" in my jurisdiction and you will be prosecuted for murder. That is a fact.
    Except, as I have already pointed out, it is never that black and white.
    I am confident that if your jurisdiction is in the United States then the precedence set around the world and in our own country will heavily influence and final say there. The jury will take all things into account including the hypothetical patients request and agreement and that patients suffering that lead to the request.


    No, you can't.
    Yes, I can.
    Objectively, if you pay someone to kill you, they would have to consider whether or not to comply and decide to do so.They would perform an action knowing it would kill you. That is premeditation. That is malice aforethought.
    Objectively, I can point out Canada, Netherlands, Switzerland, and other countries that directly contradict that notion that assisted suicide is murder. And you would then be objectively wrong in regards to your claim that your stance is objectively correct. It's not. Period.



    An accurate summation of your entire argument - from start to end. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  2. #272
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    What are you talking about, what you wrote has nothing whatsoever to do with euthanasia. There is nothing aggressive with euthanasia.
    If the killing is not aggressive, then the doctors are not initiating force.

    So then what you are saying is that the patients are the ones initiating force, and the doctors had to kill them in self-defense. That's what your claiming, whether you know it or not, based on the words you are using.

  3. #273
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Unless you're claiming that the patients are attacking the doctors, you're wrong.
    No, I'm not. Check the laws that exist outside of your bubble.



    Killing a human is a homicide every time, pure and simple. Deny reality all you want, it doesn't change it.
    No it's not. I have evidence that proves this.


    Requesting it is irrelevant. You can't give up an unalienable right.
    Yes you can. Again the evidence that exist is quite contrary to your inflated opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  4. #274
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    What is so wrong with killing another human being in aggression? Seriously?

    I can't believe I have to explain why needless homicide, particularly a type that would already be prosecuted as murder, is wrong.


    Because you're violating the rights of another human being.

    You cannot sell yourself into liberty, you cannot give away your right to own property, and you cannot give someone else permission to kill you.
    bull****.

    Inalienable simply means that no human law can ever take that right away, it is inherent.

    There are inalienable rights and then rights granted by law.

    I disagree with your hilariously asinine and "totalitarianistic" approach to the phrase "inalienable right."
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  5. #275
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    You are the one comparing doctor suicide to murder. Not me.
    Translation: "NO U"

    Ain't nobody got time for that.

    You are the one who claims that it is ok to offer palliative care
    Yes, it is okay to offer alleviation of distressing symptoms to folks, as that is helping them. It is not okay to kill folks, as that is harming them. Let me know when you grasp these basic unassailable truths.

  6. #276
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    No, I'm not. Check the laws that exist outside of your bubble.




    No it's not. I have evidence that proves this.




    Yes you can. Again the evidence that exist is quite contrary to your inflated opinion.
    You can't. But you can choose not to exercise it, but that right will always remain. Hence inalienable. Jaydubya simply doesn't understand the meaning of "inalienable." He's a totalitarian trying to disguise himself as a libertarian (and as you can see it's not working very well).
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #277
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    If the killing is not aggressive, then the doctors are not initiating force.

    So then what you are saying is that the patients are the ones initiating force, and the doctors had to kill them in self-defense. That's what your claiming, whether you know it or not, based on the words you are using.
    Of course it is not aggressive, in the case of legal euthanasia the patient asks for the procedure and the doctor just administers medication that will end the suffering of the patient.

    And the patient is not initiating force, there is nothing forceful about it, just medication and that is the end of it. The doctors do not kill in self-defense, sorry but that is just ridiculous.

    And what I am claiming is that there is nothing violent about the legal practice of euthanasia.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  8. #278
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    bull****.
    Good topic sentence for the post that follows.

    Inalienable simply means that no human law can ever take that right away, it is inherent.
    Yes, unalienable means inherent. You can't abdicate an unalienable right, because it is inherent.

    So no one will ever have the right to kill you in aggression. Thanks for playing, buh-bye.

  9. #279
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Translation: "NO U"

    Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Your deflection is noted. Your foot is in your mouth at this point. Everyone sees you are argument for what it is. And that is nonsense.

    Get it together Jaydubya, you're better than this.



    Yes, it is okay to offer alleviation of distressing symptoms to folks, as that is helping them.
    It is also assisting them with their suicide. Anther fact for ya'
    It is not okay to kill folks, as that is harming them.
    If the greater harm is to make them continue to live in agony, then the more ethical conclusion is to give them peace.

    Let me know when you grasp these basic unassailable truths.
    Nothing you have said in this thread is an unassailable truth. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  10. #280
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Of course it is not aggressive?
    So who's initiating force?

    in the case of legal euthanasia
    Yeah, no, it isn't legal here, thanks. And this thread is specifically about America.

    I know your semantic games pretty well by now, it seems.

    the patient asks for the procedure and the doctor just administers medication that will end the suffering of the patient.
    Right, so the patient asks the doctor to violate his rights, and the doctor complies, violating his rights by being the one to initiate force, specifically lethal force against another human being. This of course means that he has perpetrated a homicide in aggression with malice aforethought; in any sane criminal jurisdiction, this will be prosecuted as murder. In mine, it would be.

    The patient asking is irrelevant; you cannot abdicate an unalienable right.

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •