View Poll Results: Should Doctor assisted suicide be legal?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    201 90.54%
  • Depends on the regulation put in place and circumstances

    12 5.41%
  • no

    9 4.05%
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 334

Thread: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

  1. #211
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Yes there are a few for whom this is their M.O., but it's not that common in most threads. Just dont go in the abortion sub-forum and you'll miss alot of it.
    Well at least it seems "the herd" joins in on the fun when they post this way.
    The abortion sub-forum? I'm still navigating around and haven't seen it yet I don't think. I don't mind discussing abortion, where I came from had many talks about that. Again there were extremist but for the most part people were honest and civil and if not, then they were given the boot. Where I was before was probably over modded, this place seems to have much more traffic and freedom. I guess there will be pros and cons to that. More traffic, more entertainment, more action and more talks is a good thing but posts styles like those two were making wouldn't last long there. The one was just flat out uncivil and rude to many of you, guess that happens though when yinz beat his posts up so bad. Well it was nice talking and I'll be around . . . is there a friend system here? Ill try to find you.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  2. #212
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    I am not completely against doctor assisted suicide, but I think if a patient has debt or dependents they should have to show that they are in unbearable physical pain before any doctor agrees to help them commit suicide.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  3. #213
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How is killing someone not harming them?
    Easy, It's what they want so there is no harm unless it's invented.
    Same question to you and please note I'm not asking for you subjective opinion of the harm, you claimed it's objective fact, so please explain the part that is fact. My guess is every answer you give you will be making it up and assuming something based on your own subjective feelings, opinions, theories, mottos, philosophies or whatever but none of it will be a fact. With that said though, I do want you to try because I find it very interesting when somebody just posts a flat out lie and denies reality and evidence . . . . . . . Hell maybe you can convince me, please present the facts that make it objective harm.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  4. #214
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krhazy View Post
    I am not completely against doctor assisted suicide, but I think if a patient has debt or dependents they should have to show that they are in unbearable physical pain before any doctor agrees to help them commit suicide.
    This is actually a good idea of where regulation should be and where possible abuse could take place, good point!
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    Easy, It's what they want so there is no harm unless it's invented.
    Same question to you and please note I'm not asking for you subjective opinion of the harm, you claimed it's objective fact, so please explain the part that is fact. My guess is every answer you give you will be making it up and assuming something based on your own subjective feelings, opinions, theories, mottos, philosophies or whatever but none of it will be a fact. With that said though, I do want you to try because I find it very interesting when somebody just posts a flat out lie and denies reality and evidence . . . . . . . Hell maybe you can convince me, please present the facts that make it objective harm.
    How do you kill someone without causing them physical damage?

  6. #216
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    Well at least it seems "the herd" joins in on the fun when they post this way.
    The abortion sub-forum? I'm still navigating around and haven't seen it yet I don't think. I don't mind discussing abortion, where I came from had many talks about that. Again there were extremist but for the most part people were honest and civil and if not, then they were given the boot. Where I was before was probably over modded, this place seems to have much more traffic and freedom. I guess there will be pros and cons to that. More traffic, more entertainment, more action and more talks is a good thing but posts styles like those two were making wouldn't last long there. The one was just flat out uncivil and rude to many of you, guess that happens though when yinz beat his posts up so bad. Well it was nice talking and I'll be around . . . is there a friend system here? Ill try to find you.
    Just a quick comment....it's an infraction to discuss other posters in a thread and we need to remain on topic.

    Otherwise you'll get a warning or thread ban. You're new but i'll probably get dinged for posting this, lol.

    But that's how they generally keep the idiocy in check. (Generally)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #217
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How do you kill someone without causing them physical damage?
    How do you have sex with someone without causing physical damage? How do you even shake a hand without causing physical damage?
    What does any of those questions including yours have to do with answering the question I asked of you? Maybe you missed my request, please present the facts that make it objective harm.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  8. #218
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    How do you kill someone without causing them physical damage?
    Floating off into sleep and not waking up isnt damage. And the person is already dying so it doesnt really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #219
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:33 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,850
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    This is actually a good idea of where regulation should be and where possible abuse could take place, good point!
    I try.

    I also think people who want to have a doctor help them commit suicide should have to be organ donors.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Floating off into sleep and not waking up isnt damage. And the person is already dying so it doesnt really matter.
    Really?

Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •