View Poll Results: Should Doctor assisted suicide be legal?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    201 90.54%
  • Depends on the regulation put in place and circumstances

    12 5.41%
  • no

    9 4.05%
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 334

Thread: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

  1. #191
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Yes, it usually takes days to die of dehydration. Yes, if you keep drinking you won't die of dehydration. I was aware of these facts.

    As stated, this "suffering" you refer to can be palliated. I'll say again: palliation is mercy. Killing is not mercy.

    Killing is only justified when absolutely necessary, as in self-defense. Every human being has an unalienable right to life. We create governments to protect such rights.

    There is nothing to celebrate about a government abandoning its chief reason for existence.
    I know I'm new here but are you in the right thread because you posts don't make any sense on any rational level to the topic actually being discussed. This has no impact to the right to life or government protecting that right. You are definitely in the wrong thread.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  2. #192
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    No no it's not.

    Aggression - Aggression - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary





    No you are, as usual, being nonsensical. We are not using Henrin's Dictionary - we are using the conventional one. See above for the actual definition of what constitutes as aggression.

    Try again.
    Thank you I was getting ready to post a link to that myself. The definition of aggression shows there isn't any in assisted suicide. Do people often just make stuff up here?
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  3. #193
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    More retarded lies from you, as ever.

    You're wrong, and what you said remains offensively stupid. You equivocated palliation and homicide. I think that's the most idiotic effort you've ever put forth and I could not disagree more.

    It is clear that in your dishonesty you are pretending I have been convinced by you that palliation is somehow unacceptable... since it apparently needs to be said, despite all reason, I do believe in alleviating uncomfortable symptoms for these folks. That is compassionate. There is a hard line between helping and deliberately harming your patient, however.

    So don't tell me about compassion and mercy when your solution is unnecessary killing. That seems to be your solution in general, to promote killing whenever possible and accuse others of moral lapses for not thinking of killing as the best solution for any problem. It's clear that you have no respect whatsoever for primum non noncere, but physicians are supposed to.

    By your standard palliative workers who don't take the law into their own hands and smother granny just lack compassion and mercy. I'm sure if any of them were here they'd have some nice words for you.
    Talk about "herp a derp" (one of your finer creations btw, illustrative of your discussion style) That is all a load of BS and has no basis in real world definitions or fact.

    Your opinions arent shared by many, thankfully. However most people know they are just opinions, everyone but you.

    However opinion is welcome in forum discussions.....so please....carry on
    Last edited by Lursa; 02-07-15 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #194
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,781

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    Do people often just make stuff up here?
    Certain posters yes, as you've noted, but please dont let that scare you off. Most are quite reasonable and we welcome new people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #195
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Aggression involves inflicting a harmful or other unpleasantness upon another individual. Your feelings towards the subject are secondary.
    Using your made up definition assisted suicide is not aggression. Your own definition and a link to the dictionary all prove your statement to be in accurate. Do you have anything else?
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  6. #196
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I really resent that. I am a person of faith, but I'm not a nut. I don't think that the government should be in the live-or-die business anyway, but this doesn't make me a nut.
    Just my two cents, I'm new here so maybe there's history or something I'm not aware of but how did his comment have anything to do with you or people of faith?
    I'm a person of faith and I don't see the connection? His comment was in judgment of one poster and their statements. Lastly you saying you don't think the government should be in the "live-or-die business" further separates you from the poster and views he was commenting on. I'm confused, catch me up please.
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  7. #197
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    Good lord, what type of dishonesty fabrication is this.
    There is nothing dishonest in my statement. I think you have a right to kill yourself if you want to, as a function of your rights to liberty and property. I do not think it is ever permissible to kill another human in aggression, as a function of the right to life.

    This is why I bounce around message boards, no shortage of views that are completely out of left field. I'm don't even think this post in in the right thread.
    Given your wretched output thus far, trolling in virtually every post, hopefully you'll just keep on bouncing.

  8. #198
    One with the Force
    LaylaWindu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    PA
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,964

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Aggression is the initiation of force.

    Force is sometimes justified in medical / bioethics because the medication / treatment is expected to do more good than harm for the patient.

    A surgeon does not violate primum non noncere just by cutting, though cutting does constitute some harm. This is harm that the patient elects and the professional may ethically provide if it the procedure can be expected to improve the patient's health.

    Intentional lethal force violates primum non noncere. It violates the patient's unalienable human right to life. It is aggression because the patient cannot abdicate that which is unalienable.
    There's no force in assisted suicide nor is there aggression. The content of the subject along with the definition of the words in question all show there's no aggression.
    Are there a lot of posters like this here?
    "We are never done with lessons, not while we live"

  9. #199
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That is all a load of BS and has no basis in real world definitions or fact.
    Per usual, no rebuttal, just this garbage.

    There are very few subforums here where it is appropriate to respond to your equivocation of palliation and homicide, and this is not one of them.

  10. #200
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaylaWindu View Post
    There's no force in assisted suicide nor is there aggression.
    If an innocent living human being, clearly not attacking you, is in your presence and you perform an act that kills them, then yeah, that is the initiation of force, lethal force. That is the very definition of aggression. It is a homicide. It should be prosecuted as murder.

    Kevorkian was prosecuted and convicted for murder for that very reason.

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •