View Poll Results: Should Doctor assisted suicide be legal?

Voters
222. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    201 90.54%
  • Depends on the regulation put in place and circumstances

    12 5.41%
  • no

    9 4.05%
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 334

Thread: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

  1. #121
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Wow. Causing someones death is objectively causing a harm. How in the hell is that something even up for discussion?
    It is up for discussion Henrin. Your sad attempts at constantly trying to color your oppositions stance as "stupid" will never work with some one who has the intellectual capacity to see your pathetic debating tactics for what they are.

    Subjectivity is very much in place her. Living can at times be more harmful for someone who is suffering a painful existence that no medical know how can alleviate. Thus in these cases, death - which leads to an end to pain - is far less harmful.

    That's logic 101 try it out sometime.


    Do you really think anything new is being talked about here? What exactly is new about the idea of helping someone else die?
    What is new is the concept of accepting someone's choice to end their life and their choice to have someone assist them with it legally.
    Last edited by Zinthaniel; 02-06-15 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  2. #122
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    I presented you with an ethical way to achieve that end.

    Killing is not necessary.
    You presented only your opinion of how you would do things. Some people simply want to end it peacefully. They should have that right. And they should be able to seek medical assistance if it is offered.

    Nothing about that is murder, barbaric, immoral, or wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  3. #123
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    You presented only your opinion of how you would do things. Some people simply want to end it peacefully. They should have that right. And they should be able to seek medical assistance if it is offered.

    Nothing about that is murder, barbaric, immoral, or wrong.
    I presented you with an ethical option that is very peaceful.

    Killing another human being in aggression remains evil and barbaric.

    If you killed a patient like that where I live, you would be convicted of murder and you would deserve that fate.

  4. #124
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinthaniel View Post
    It is up for discussion Henrin. Your sad attempts at constantly trying to color your oppositions stance as "stupid" will never work with some one who has the intellectual capacity to see your pathetic debating tactics for what they are.

    Subjectivity is very much in place her. Living can at times be more harmful for someone who is suffering a painful existence that no medical know how can alleviate. Thus in these cases, death - which leads to an end to pain - is far less harmful.

    That's logic 101 try it out sometime.
    Living is always better than death. That is objectively true. You might disagree in certain cases mentally, but you are objectively wrong. Killing someone else is always a harm and I fail to see how it can be anything else.


    What is new is the concept of accepting someone's choice to end their life and their choice to have someone assist them with it legally.
    That's not new in the slightest. Check your history again.

  5. #125
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    I presented you with an ethical option that is very peaceful.
    You opinion on ethics. Is just that. Nothing more. Nothing Less.
    There is, absolutely, nothing unethical about helping someone find peace when all they know is pain. And there is not alternative to alleviate it. That is their right to do so.
    Killing another human being in aggression remains evil and barbaric.
    There is nothing aggressive about helping someone die peacefully. So wrong again. Though killing someone violently against their will would be more fitted to your skewed view of aggressive murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Living is always better than death.
    That's an individual decision and some people would disagree with you. Many prove it all the time.

    So that is only your opinion. Most would agree with you....until there are other circumstances that makes them reconsider. As is their right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #127
    Struggler
    JayDubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    17,181

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    You are correct, henrin, and I can't believe it needed to be said: yes, killing is always harm.

    One caveat - if one feels their life is not worth continuing, then they are welcome to that opinion and if they want to, then they can do something about that. That's their business. If any one else kills them, that's not a suicide but a murder.
    Last edited by JayDubya; 02-06-15 at 07:06 PM.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    I presented you with an ethical option that is very peaceful.

    Killing another human being in aggression remains evil and barbaric.

    Dying in pain, suffering, is not 'very peaceful.'

    Allowing that suffering when one could alleviate it is evil and barbaric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That's an individual decision and some people would disagree with you. Many prove it all the time.
    I have actually attempted suicide before. I assure you I'm fully aware of what you're talking about. I might have wanted to die, but I was wrong.

  10. #130
    Guru
    Zinthaniel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    09-19-17 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,705

    Re: Should American adopt the right to Doctor Assisted Suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Living is always better than death.
    According to who. You? Are you an authority on that? I really don't think you are.
    That is objectively true.
    no, it's not.
    You might disagree in certain cases mentally, but you are objectively wrong.
    I'm absolutely not wrong. You are though and I'm pointing that out to you again.
    Killing someone else is always a harm and I fail to see how it can be anything else.
    No it's not. It's not always harm. I just explained to why it's not. Keep rereading my previous post until you can comprehend what to me should be rather obvious.




    That's not new in the slightest. Check your history again.
    It's is and I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    In my own experience here, people seem to ignore a posters professional experience or training if the app pro holds a view that is disagreed with.

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •