View Poll Results: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    362 86.40%
  • No

    57 13.60%
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 233

Thread: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

  1. #111
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I tell you what. Your profile says you are a woman that lives in New England. Give me your full name, social security number, driver's license number, and your bank account number so that I can verify that you are telling the truth. Then I will consider answering your question. Got it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I am confident that what I am putting forward is true. So confident as a matter of fact that I would bet my life on it. Are you willing to bet your life that I am lying? I don't think so.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?Going to stop you right there. Let me be clear...do not ask or demand such information from a poster again.

    If you want to keep what medication it was private you're absolutely free to do so. However, that is MASSIVELY different than personal identifiable information like a Social Security Number, full name, or bank account. If I state I take HCTZ that in no way, shape, or form provides any reasonable means of anyone identifying who I am, where I live, or how to contact me. If I state my name is [X] it does. There's no method of fraud or identity theft that can be undertaken if it's known I take a commonly perscriped drug; there absolutely is if I put forward my bank account or my social security number.

    If you have an issue with a poster asking for more information about a scenario you volunteered then you can declare that you won't be answering. But this attempt to demand they put forward legitimately private identifiable information is not okay, nor is this talk of "betting one's life". This type of thing, if continued, could potentially run afoul of rule 13 and 13a as well as rule 4. Stop it.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?Going to stop you right there. Let me be clear...do not ask or demand such information from a poster again.

    If you want to keep what medication it was private you're absolutely free to do so. However, that is MASSIVELY different than personal identifiable information like a Social Security Number, full name, or bank account. If I state I take HCTZ that in no way, shape, or form provides any reasonable means of anyone identifying who I am, where I live, or how to contact me. If I state my name is [X] it does. There's no method of fraud or identity theft that can be undertaken if it's known I take a commonly perscriped drug; there absolutely is if I put forward my bank account or my social security number.

    If you have an issue with a poster asking for more information about a scenario you volunteered then you can declare that you won't be answering. But this attempt to demand they put forward legitimately private identifiable information is not okay, nor is this talk of "betting one's life". This type of thing, if continued, could potentially run afoul of rule 13 and 13a as well as rule 4. Stop it.
    OK, so be it.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

    Any rate, Obama keeps putting money in my pocket, I'm going to start advocating for the lifting of term limits for President!

  4. #114
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Any rate, Obama keeps putting money in my pocket, I'm going to start advocating for the lifting of term limits for President!
    Lord Help us. I was going to say something about how Obamacare is affecting the economy but I'm going to go puke instead.
    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

    Quote Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
    Lord Help us. I was going to say something about how Obamacare is affecting the economy but I'm going to go puke instead.
    I don't blame you. That was overboard!!!!

    He needs to get out of there as soon as possible for his own good.

  6. #116
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,175
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

    Yes. Both my sister and I are still on our parent's health insurance. We both could get insurance through our respective employers, however having all four of us on one plan instead of three separate plans is much cheaper for all of us.
    Help fight Zika, TB, HIV/AIDs and water pollution by donating your CPU's excess processing time to scientific research.
    A self-serving billionaire engaging in historically massive personal corruption #NotMyPresident

  7. #117
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:58 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,695

    Re: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticwar17 View Post
    I am not on obamacare,but my girlfriend is... and she is having a really hard time because of the high deductibles. Every time she goes to the doctor or sees a specialist she has to pay completely out of pocket.... almost impossible for a recent graduate in a research assistant job.
    She's having a hard time because of the plan she's on and she can't afford a better plan. Before ACA high deductibles were a problem as well.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  8. #118
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

    Nope. Obamacare has cost me money, it hasn't done a damn thing to help me. I still have the same insurance I had before, I just pay more for it. Screw Obamacare.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #119
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

    Yes. I have benefited from it personally, my mother has, and the organization I work for has as well.


  10. #120
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Have you or a family member benefited from the Affordable Care Act?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Nope. Obamacare has cost me money, it hasn't done a damn thing to help me. I still have the same insurance I had before, I just pay more for it. Screw Obamacare.
    not saying you are wrong because you in fact could be 100% right but since you have the same insurance you have always had how do you know it went up solely based on ACA?

    Mine as increased many times over the years and it was rare that i factually knew why besides a basic reasoning of costs going up.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •