“I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.
LOOKS AND SOUND LIKE HE'S A WANNEBEE.
It's not because John McCain doesn't care. It's because John McCain doesn't get it.
At Democratic Party's Denver convention, August 2008.
When you behave that dishonorably, the only decent thing to do is fall on your own sword.
He should apologize and resign. It should not require a firing, but if he's that low of a person where it is necessary, then yes, they should fire him.
Apparently, the story is a little less exaggerated as it first appeared. The pilot of Williams helicopter during this time was just interviewed on CNN and had the following to say:
1. Williams was in one of three helicopters on a trip to deliver bridge parts to a place in Iraq
2. The three helicopters came under small arms fire and at least one RPG.
3. The lead helicopter, not the one Willliams was in, was hit by the RPG and was forced down.
4. The helicopter that Williams was in was hit by small arms fire and returned fire before proceeding to their assigned drop site at which point they then returned to the site of the helicopter that was downed.
5. About a day and a half later, a convoy of troops came upon them.
Clearly, there was embellishment and clearly Williams tried to put himself into the more dangerous situation. However, it is true that he was in a situation that could have ended badly and even been deadly. It is troubling, to me, that he would feel the need to embellish to this extent, since I consider what actually happened to him to be equally noteworthy.
Even though it appears not to be as bad as originally believed, I still think he should do the honorable thing and resign.
A Canadian conservative is one who believes in limited government and that the government should stay out of our wallets and out of our bedrooms.