View Poll Results: Legal Weed: For or Against

Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative for

    81 25.88%
  • Conservative against

    8 2.56%
  • Liberal for

    93 29.71%
  • Liberal against

    8 2.56%
  • Independent for

    83 26.52%
  • Independent against

    5 1.60%
  • Conservative, Medicinal only

    30 9.58%
  • Liberal, Medicinal only

    4 1.28%
  • Independent, Medicinal only

    6 1.92%
  • Ire, Ire

    5 1.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 261

Thread: National Legalization of Marijuana [W:237]

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    so selling to a 12 year old? is that a violation to you? 14 year old? where is that line?

    getting kids already having a hard time involved with drugs is victimless?
    No, selling a kid pot does not somehow violate their rights.

  2. #242
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Suppose we assume that in the poll attached to this thread, no one voted for conflicting options.

    Suppose we further assume that people who voted for "Medicinal only" count as "against" full legalization.

    We then have:

    Conservative for 80
    Conservative against 37
    Liberal for 90
    Liberal Against 12
    Independent for 79
    Independent against 10

    If this is accurate, I calculate that support for complete legalization is as follows:

    Conservatives 68%
    Liberals 88%
    Independents 88%

    And 5% are just angry about something?

    Of course the poll is unscientific, but it seems that the majority of persons...who voted on the poll....support complete legalization.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  3. #243
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    That is their personal problem. Doesnt mean that pot should be illegal and everyone else suffer the consequences and $$ costs of law enforcement, prisons, and violence (because keeping it a crime creates criminals that then must defend themselves, their illegal property, etc and they kill innocent people...them and the cops do so too).

    It doesnt mean that other people cannot enjoy the recreational properties of pot and that others should be punished because of the few.

    And I have no interest in smoking it.
    As is said with many public health issues, it has an impact on all society. Not just the direct damage done to the individual, but also the economic impact of addiction, the medical expense of rehab and psychological care, and the general degradation of society at large. Think bigger.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  4. #244
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,734

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    As is said with many public health issues, it has an impact on all society. Not just the direct damage done to the individual, but also the economic impact of addiction, the medical expense of rehab and psychological care, and the general degradation of society at large. Think bigger.
    I do...to freedom. And the fact that we have all those expenses now...perhaps more because of incidents due to it remaining a crime. Nobody is going to stop smoking pot. We are just going to have fewer social and economic costs with it legal. (Less court costs, less cops involved, less people in prisons, less crime, etc.)

    Think how Prohibition failed...pretty much the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #245
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I do...to freedom. And the fact that we have all those expenses now...perhaps more because of incidents due to it remaining a crime. Nobody is going to stop smoking pot. We are just going to have fewer social and economic costs with it legal. (Less court costs, less cops involved, less people in prisons, less crime, etc.)

    Think how Prohibition failed...pretty much the same thing.
    Not at all the same thing as prohibition. For the record I am good with reform in the criminal aspect. I would focus more energy on an education campaign to deter and shun pot smoking much like has been done with smoking cigarettes. I would heighten the penalties for distribution and transport and simply administer citations low level possession. I think if the media would focus a bit more on the tens of thousands of Mexican deaths caused by the cartels in the transportation of pot and other illegal drugs people might count the cost of their toke with a little more trepidation.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  6. #246
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,238

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Funny, no one has been able to name all the people who died of marijuana overdose...hmmm
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  7. #247
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Funny, no one has been able to name all the people who died of marijuana overdose...hmmm
    After a brief viewing of several search results, it appears that overdosing marijuana requires:
    1. High usage volume/overuse (far beyond normal usage levels).
    2. Other health issues ongoing in the user.


    With the caveat that high usage may be closer to normal usage with improvements in source quality and the like.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #248
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,734

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Not at all the same thing as prohibition. For the record I am good with reform in the criminal aspect. I would focus more energy on an education campaign to deter and shun pot smoking much like has been done with smoking cigarettes. I would heighten the penalties for distribution and transport and simply administer citations low level possession. I think if the media would focus a bit more on the tens of thousands of Mexican deaths caused by the cartels in the transportation of pot and other illegal drugs people might count the cost of their toke with a little more trepidation.
    How is it different than Prohibition?

    And legalization and legal growing here would hugely reduce the crime from Mexican pot cartels. We could also tax the heck out of them if they want to import it legally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #249
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    How is it different than Prohibition?

    And legalization and legal growing here would hugely reduce the crime from Mexican pot cartels. We could also tax the heck out of them if they want to import it legally.
    yea, we don't wan't to legalize as pot is a harmful substance. The last thing we need is more legal intoxicants. We really don't want to tax it, giving governments an excuse to promote consumption. We want to deter use.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  10. #250
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,734

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    yea, we don't wan't to legalize as pot is a harmful substance. The last thing we need is more legal intoxicants. We really don't want to tax it, giving governments an excuse to promote consumption. We want to deter use.
    There is no Constitutional reason to prohibit it. It is much less harmful than alcohol yet the crime surrounding it is severe and costly.

    We have never detered use, even when illegal. Your prejudices blind you to reality.

    No one is promoting use. Not of alcohol, not of cigarettes, not of pot. Legalization does not equal 'good.' It equals less crime and more personal liberty.

    (And I have no interest in smoking pot)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •