View Poll Results: Legal Weed: For or Against

Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative for

    81 25.88%
  • Conservative against

    8 2.56%
  • Liberal for

    93 29.71%
  • Liberal against

    8 2.56%
  • Independent for

    83 26.52%
  • Independent against

    5 1.60%
  • Conservative, Medicinal only

    30 9.58%
  • Liberal, Medicinal only

    4 1.28%
  • Independent, Medicinal only

    6 1.92%
  • Ire, Ire

    5 1.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 261

Thread: National Legalization of Marijuana [W:237]

  1. #231
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,634
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    I'm against the legalization of marijuana strictly for personal reasons. However, if other people want to use it and make it legal, that is certainly within their right. I just won't be joining them in that addicting cause. I don't even drink coffee so...

    Marijuana reminds me too much of the smoking campaigns in the 50s and before. The advocates sound like the Cigarette lobby. I'm predicting a lot of people will be suing a similar marijuana lobby for brain damage and the like.

    Have we learned from that mistake? I guess not.
    Last edited by NeverTrumpGOP; 02-09-15 at 09:57 AM.
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  2. #232
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,959

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    As a libertarian, do you believe that alcohol should be legal?
    i dont care one way or the other

    the voters of this country apparently do care.....and threw out the laws surrounding prohibition

    maybe one day, they will do the same with some drugs

    i can only hope not.....

    i realize my views arent the "popular" ones

    and my views are skewed by personal knowledge of what drugs can do to people, and families

    i dont wish that on anyone else....period
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  3. #233
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,959

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    Absolutely correct, I spent some time at a rehab for teens and young adults, visiting a family member, over the past year or so. Whoever thinks marijuana is harmless should spend some time working with kids who have been affected by addiction. Horrible outcomes.
    bingo

    we have a winner

    pot is not a victimless drug

    and selling it is not a victimless crime

    any trip to a good rehab facility will show you that in just a few hours
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  4. #234
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    bingo

    we have a winner

    pot is not a victimless drug

    and selling it is not a victimless crime

    any trip to a good rehab facility will show you that in just a few hours

    That is their personal problem. Doesnt mean that pot should be illegal and everyone else suffer the consequences and $$ costs of law enforcement, prisons, and violence (because keeping it a crime creates criminals that then must defend themselves, their illegal property, etc and they kill innocent people...them and the cops do so too).

    It doesnt mean that other people cannot enjoy the recreational properties of pot and that others should be punished because of the few.

    And I have no interest in smoking it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    bingo

    we have a winner

    pot is not a victimless drug

    and selling it is not a victimless crime

    any trip to a good rehab facility will show you that in just a few hours
    As long as the action that is illegal doesn't violate or threaten the rights of anyone else it is a victimless crime. The act of selling pot to someone else is a consensual act and is therefore a victimless crime.

  6. #236
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Absolutely should be legalized. There is no rational basis in my mind for the government to continue to spend the time, money, and effort on attempting to combat marijuana when compared to it's potential risks and the success rate of those efforts. This is especially true when the government is not investing similar time, money, and effort in combatting a far more dangerous intoxicant that is legally available pretty much throughout the country. The fact a more significantly dangerous intoxicant is legal suggest to me that the prohibition against marijuana is not one based on a rational necessity. As such, the infringement upon the freedoms of citizens is not justified.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Legalization, regulation and taxation.
    Yep

    Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    legal in all states and treated like alcohol.
    I'd say a hybrid of Alcohol and Tobacco. You have to take into account that unlike alcohol, marijuana when smoked will give off a secondary effect that has the potential to impact those around the user. So it'd be a hybrid of laws and regulations regarding both.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Legalize it, end the war on drugs use 1/10th of the savings on drug education and treatment programs (reluctantly as it's not my problem if you use drugs).
    Definitely an interesting thought of potentially addressing some of the concerns with legalization while at the same time still coming up with a likely net fiscal gain.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Addiction to marijuana?
    To my understanding marijuana does have the potential to be psychologically addicting, but generally not physically addicting. Even then, I believe the rates are significant less than many other such things. Additionally, the potential for addiction is not reason enough to ban something from use, so not really a great argument by others for why it should remain illegal.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Or at the very least decriminalisation of small time possession without intent to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    Removal of it from the narcotics list as it isn't one, and allow the individual states the right to regulate or ban.
    Two interesting potential alternative options as well.

  7. #237
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Moderator's Warning:
    National Legalization of Marijuana [W:237]Folks, the topic of this thread is national legalization of marijuana, not "Are you Libertarian enough". The conversations that have been popping up all thread challenging other posters "libertarian-ness" need to stop going forward

  8. #238
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,121

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I'd say a hybrid of Alcohol and Tobacco. You have to take into account that unlike alcohol, marijuana when smoked will give off a secondary effect that has the potential to impact those around the user. So it'd be a hybrid of laws and regulations regarding both.
    i agree.

  9. #239
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,959

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    As long as the action that is illegal doesn't violate or threaten the rights of anyone else it is a victimless crime. The act of selling pot to someone else is a consensual act and is therefore a victimless crime.

    so selling to a 12 year old? is that a violation to you? 14 year old? where is that line?

    getting kids already having a hard time involved with drugs is victimless?
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

  10. #240
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    so selling to a 12 year old? is that a violation to you? 14 year old? where is that line?

    getting kids already having a hard time involved with drugs is victimless?
    These conversations have little to do with minors. None of the laws include them and all protect them.

    People do break laws however. That's happening now, legalization actually can protect them more since it will be a controlled substance, not an illegal one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •