View Poll Results: Legal Weed: For or Against

Voters
313. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative for

    81 25.88%
  • Conservative against

    8 2.56%
  • Liberal for

    93 29.71%
  • Liberal against

    8 2.56%
  • Independent for

    83 26.52%
  • Independent against

    5 1.60%
  • Conservative, Medicinal only

    30 9.58%
  • Liberal, Medicinal only

    4 1.28%
  • Independent, Medicinal only

    6 1.92%
  • Ire, Ire

    5 1.60%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 261

Thread: National Legalization of Marijuana [W:237]

  1. #201
    Professor
    iacardsfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 09:51 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Libertarian- Remove the schedule one status of it, it should not be considered a narcotic at all. - allowing states to decide its fate.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals."
    - Mark Twain
    Run your own nation, play Cybernations.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,875

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Libertarian- Remove the schedule one status of it, it should not be considered a narcotic at all. - allowing states to decide its fate.
    That would be the next best action if we can't get national legalization. And it would certainly remove the biggest problem Colorado has with their legal marijuana industry...the unavailability of banking support.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #203
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Fearandloathing View Post
    No.

    Not national legalization.

    Removal of it from the narcotics list as it isn't one, and allow the individual states the right to regulate or ban.
    Why should it be prohibited in some states?

    Is that possible for alcohol? Are there states that could still do that if they chose? (I dont know)

    Is there a reason why it should be treated differently than alcohol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by gdgyva View Post
    i could give a **** less whether or not you think i am a libertarian

    i have said previously in countless posts, it is the "closest" box i can check related to how i lean

    as far as your second statement.....it isnt your problem?

    maybe, maybe not

    but when a stoner gets behind the wheel and takes out someone you love.....remember that statement

    maybe it will give you solace.....maybe
    As a libertarian, do you believe that alcohol should be legal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #205
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post

    Will there be identified gains? Sure. Incarceration costs may immediately decrease. And as far as 'addictions' go, its an easily treated disorder. Essentially...there is no treatment for marijuana addiction. But...all addicts tend to suffer greater health problems. Someone is going to have to foot the bill. To that end, Colorado would be wise to bank that money.

    So by that rationale, we should prohibit alcohol again too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,875

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Why should it be prohibited in some states?

    Is that possible for alcohol? Are there states that could still do that if they chose? (I dont know)

    Is there a reason why it should be treated differently than alcohol?
    State and local governments are free to enact their own local laws concerning alcohol, though no States prohibit alcohol at this time. Some counties in some States DO prohibit alcohol...they are known as "dry counties".

    Alcohol laws of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #207
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,714

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So by that rationale, we should prohibit alcohol again too?
    Thats a pretty ****ing stupid comment. Even more stupid in context of the conversation that was being had. You might want to do yourself a favor and actually read and know what you are commenting on before you make more stupid comments.

  8. #208
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Marijuana is not, so far as I understand, addicting. Or at least, no more addicting than any other thing that is fun, like playing video games.

    Perhaps I'm wrong about that?
    No that's not correct. The reason that it is not addictive to some is because of low frequency, however it does become addictive. There is empirical evidence that marijuana use is also the "gateway" drug; not leading to an addiction to marijuana but to other illegal drugs.

    I would challenge anyone who thinks this is a good Idea to spend time visiting or volunteering for a drug treatment facility. They all begin with marijuana, and the stories of homelessness, loss of family and near death outcomes are heartbreaking.

    http://www.drugabuse.gov/publication...uana-addictive
    Last edited by johndylan1; 02-08-15 at 08:52 AM.
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by johndylan1 View Post
    No that's not correct. The reason that it is not addictive to some is because of low frequency, however it does become addictive. There is empirical evidence that marijuana use is also the "gateway" drug; not leading to an addiction to marijuana but to other illegal drugs.
    OK, but alcohol withdrawal causes a risk of serious medical events like withdrawal seizures and death. No one has ever died from pot withdrawal to my knowledge. And there is also empirical evidence the typical "hard" drug addiction pathway looks like this - nicotine => alcohol => pot => other illegal drugs.

    I would challenge anyone who thinks this is a good Idea to spend time visiting or volunteering for a drug treatment facility. They all begin with marijuana, and the stories of homelessness, loss of family and near death outcomes are heartbreaking.

    Is marijuana addictive? | National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
    Or, you could visit jails where we spend $billions housing drug users and dealers for years, and a lot of lives are ruined for non-violent crimes. The fact that addiction is a terrible thing isn't actually an argument for criminalization. And there is no one arguing FOR drug abuse or against treatment. The idea is treat drugs as a public health issue rather than a criminal justice issue. Alcohol use kills 88,000 per year, but no one notes that and longs for prohibition II.

  10. #210
    Politically Correct

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:44 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,851
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: National Legalization of Marijuana

    No national legislation. I'd rather wait and see what happens in the states where it has been legalized. I'm still concerned about the long-term effects it will have on productivity, self-sufficiency, social engagement, driving under the influence, etc.
    (avatar by Thomas Nast)

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •