View Poll Results: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 8.33%
  • No

    99 91.67%
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 288

Thread: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black Pres? [W:222]

  1. #251
    Guru
    sawdust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    03-04-16 @ 09:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,177

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    "A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury." Attributed to Alexander Tytler

  2. #252
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Of course it isn't. In the grand scheme of things, the only people who think about the color of his skin are those who use it to defend against criticism of a woefully inept President.
    The OP's premise aside, this is a completely asinine statement.

  3. #253
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    The OP's premise aside, this is a completely asinine statement.
    Thank you for your opinion. Obviously I disagree.

  4. #254
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Thank you for your opinion. Obviously I disagree.
    It's not even an opinion Your statement is empirically incorrect. In addition to the fact that many talking heads have attributed Obama's rise to his ethnicity alone, nearly 1 in 10 of RNC primary voters indicated that they would not under any circumstance vote for a black President. Some of the anti colonialist rhetoric also has strong roots in his ethnic background.

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/26611/Som...andidates.aspx

  5. #255
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by a351 View Post
    It's not even an opinion Your statement is empirically incorrect. While the vast majority of those polled indicated that they would, nearly 1 in 10 of RNC primary voters indicated that they would not under any circumstance vote for a black President.

    Some Americans Reluctant to Vote for Mormon, 72-Year-Old Presidential Candidates
    Hmmm. Of course it's an opinion, and indeed, a fact, in my opinion. To suggest otherwise is asinine. (Forgive me for co-opting your insult)

    My inclusion of the reference "Grand scheme of things" was to take into account there are small percentages of people who think as you have referenced.

    However, for those who don't get the nuance, allow me to adjust the statement.

    As a general rule of thumb, the majority of people who think about the color of his skin are those who use it to defend against criticism of a woefully inept President.

    Thanks for allowing me to adjust my statement to a more accurate and easily understandable format.

  6. #256
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    Maybe. Do you think the rookie senator would have won the election if he were white? Tough question
    Yes, if McCain and Palin were running against him or her. You can't run that poor a campaign and win.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #257
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Nothing to debate. It would appear your agenda is not as easily recognized by you as it is to those witnessing you proving it.
    No, that's just excuse making.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #258
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black Pres? [W:222

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    It has been said repeatedly by some over the years that the United States is not ready for a black President. Is the Obama Presidency proof of this?
    No, but it does show we're not ready for a committed leftist (European style socialist / Social democrat).
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

  9. #259
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Palin or Romney would have been head and shoulders above Obama, because Obama wasn't just a let down, he was a total disaster.
    Romney, yes.

    Palin, I have to disagree. I think she'd be equally as bad as he is, just for different reasons.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #260
    Professor

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 09:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,907

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Consider what this statement (from your link) actually says:


    Why would anyone expect that white guys (about 79% of the US male population) would not be dominant among the NBA coaches and general managers?
    Because every racist knows Blacks play basketball better than whites and white men can't jump (or dance).
    "It is only when men contemplate the greatness of God that they can come to realize their own inadequacy." Jean Calvin

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •