View Poll Results: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 8.33%
  • No

    99 91.67%
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 288

Thread: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black Pres? [W:222]

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I didn't vote for him in '12 either, and I don't care for the duopoly. However there are those, who while claiming they aren't Republicans, will unfailing defend anyone who would have an (R) next to his name. Same goes for the other side. Heck, I get baited into exactly that sometimes. The fact is that some people don't like him simply because he's a Democrat, and will only miraculously change their view of him if he switches parties.
    `
    What you say is true. There are uncompromising apologists and defenders on both sides. Such people are also sometimes called, "zealots."

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    And for the record, what this poll question is really trying to say is "the nation's first Black President made a mess of things and, as such, the nation should never elect another Black man to the White House".

    I say BS!!!

    Again, the man was elected TWICE, TWO CONSECUTIVE TERMS!

    He hasn't started another war.

    The economy has rebounded.

    Except for taxation under ObamaCare, nothing about your freedoms (of movement, of speech, of property or gun ownership, of wealth attainment) has been taken away!

    So, I call foul of the very premise of the poll.

    It's been often said that a Black man has to work twice as hard as a White man to achieve the same results. Damn, but White America (politicians) have made this man work for every victory he's achieved no matter how small.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  3. #133
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    So you were just trolling then. Sorry, I thought you were a serious poster. I wont make that mistake again.
    I simply shared my opinion to wit you replied, and I quote,

    Jesus Christ. Whats wrong with you? Seriously. Whats wrong with you? It isn't possible for someone to be so empty headed and simple minded to reach a conclusion like that, so how did you do it?
    In my book that makes you a troll. (Actually, I had another word in mind but I prefer to keep the high ground.)

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I made no such excuses nor am I debating about why the Republicans lost the last 2 elections - nor is anyone else. Have you stumbled into the wrong thread?

    I was commenting on your incorrect claim that it was racist for jdubya to say that people voted for Obama only because he was black and it was an historic vote. The Republicans have nothing to do with what he posted, and they have nothing to do with what I posted. You're bringing them into this discussion, and you're dialoging with yourself about them.

    And your claim that I ever said or hinted that a "black man couldn't win on merit" is a lie, as evidenced by the fact I've said repeatedly that this country is ready for a black President. Don't make up things that aren't true. Obama won because people bought into his rhetoric. Pay attention....this gets tiresome when you make these trolls posts.
    Pay attention to the post you declared to be "racist" and read it again.
    Again, As there is no significant number who voted based on race, there is no need to argue it except to argue he won not on merit but race, and to mitigate republican candidate flaws. There is no other reason.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NE WI.
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,029

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You CHOOSE to come to one conclusion. Race. Because its the conclusion you want.
    `
    Not at all. Considering that Obama has alienated a number of progressives and liberals by adopting Bush's conservative policies, the political right still hates him. The only reason I can see is race.....or a majority of the right has gone insane.

  6. #136
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,147

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I didn't vote for him in '12 either, and I don't care for the duopoly. However there are those, who while claiming they aren't Republicans, will unfailing defend anyone who would have an (R) next to his name. Same goes for the other side.

    Heck, I get baited into exactly that sometimes. The fact is that some people don't like him simply because he's a Democrat, and will only miraculously change their view of him if he switches parties.
    I don't see that Obama could just switch parties and be accepted by people who only defend those with an "R" behind their names. Same as there are people who wouldn't support Ted Cruz if he all of a sudden had a "D" behind his name. I love Joe Manchin - and he's a "D". I can't stand Rick Santorum - and he was an "R". I voted for my state's "D" governor a few times - while I was casting votes on the same ballot for candidates with an "R" after their names.

    Some of us don't like Obama for the same reason some people didn't like Bush 41 and Bush 43 and Reagan and Clinton and Carter and Ford and so on....because we don't like the policies. His color and his party affiliation are irrelevant.

    I remember when the left adored Joe Lieberman...until he supported McCain.....then he wasn't election worthy anymore.

    The left and the right are pretty dead even here, rocket.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #137
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    You honestly think people don't vote based upon skin color?? Let me guess, you think only racist whites vote AGAINST Obama because he is black, but high minded liberals don't vote for him because hes black.
    No significant number did. If that was all it took, Jessie Jackson would have been president. Or Al Sharpton. Or a few others. He won on merit.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #138
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,270

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    And for the record, what this poll question is really trying to say is "the nation's first Black President made a mess of things and, as such, the nation should never elect another Black man to the White House".

    I say BS!!!

    Again, the man was elected TWICE, TWO CONSECUTIVE TERMS!

    He hasn't started another war.

    The economy has rebounded.

    Except for taxation under ObamaCare, nothing about your freedoms (of movement, of speech, of property or gun ownership, of wealth attainment) has been taken away!

    So, I call foul of the very premise of the poll.

    It's been often said that a Black man has to work twice as hard as a White man to achieve the same results. Damn, but White America (politicians) have made this man work for every victory he's achieved no matter how small.
    I actually don't disagree with much of that. I think the poll question is stupid and I don't link the mans incompetence with his skin color. As bad as Carter was, it didn't disqualify whites from running for president thereafter. Same is true for Obama and blacks.

  9. #139
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,147

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, As there is no significant number who voted based on race, there is no need to argue it except to argue he won not on merit but race, and to mitigate republican candidate flaws. There is no other reason.
    I don't want to read your off topic troll posts anymore. Quote someone else.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #140
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,270

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No significant number did. If that was all it took, Jessie Jackson would have been president. Or Al Sharpton. Or a few others. He won on merit.
    I agree with you, Obama won because he was a superior candidate. He was superior to Hillary and far superior to McCain. I don't see any reason to deny, though, that his skin color helped him in 2008, but McCain was gonna lose no matter what color Obama was. I think many people voted for him because he was black, but I don't think it was decisive in either 2008 or 2012.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •