View Poll Results: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 8.33%
  • No

    99 91.67%
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 288

Thread: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black Pres? [W:222]

  1. #121
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, you are making excuses. You mitigate their failure by suggesting that if people voted other than by race, republicans would have won. You also suggest a black man couldn't win on merit. This is racist. Again, using the very vague word some allows a hint at reasoning without accuracy to back it up. 5 people would be some, but would have no bearing on anything. As I said, while it was likely more than 5, the number that did has no significant bearing on anything. So throwing that out there is a very questionable tactic.
    I made no such excuses nor am I debating about why the Republicans lost the last 2 elections - nor is anyone else. Have you stumbled into the wrong thread?

    I was commenting on your incorrect claim that it was racist for jdubya to say that people voted for Obama only because he was black and it was an historic vote. The Republicans have nothing to do with what he posted, and they have nothing to do with what I posted. You're bringing them into this discussion, and you're dialoging with yourself about them.

    And your claim that I ever said or hinted that a "black man couldn't win on merit" is a lie, as evidenced by the fact I've said repeatedly that this country is ready for a black President. Don't make up things that aren't true. Obama won because people bought into his rhetoric. Pay attention....this gets tiresome when you make these trolls posts.
    Pay attention to the post you declared to be "racist" and read it again.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #122
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Where did she suggest that a 'black man couldn't win on merit?' The only one that seems to be suggesting that is you. And for the record, stating that many blacks voted for Obama because he was black is not a racist statement.
    When she suggested that people voted based on skin color, which is not merit.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #123
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Where did she suggest that a 'black man couldn't win on merit?' The only one that seems to be suggesting that is you. And for the record, stating that many blacks voted for Obama because he was black is not a racist statement.
    I never suggested it. I feel like I've entered some alternate universe reading his posts. Amazing.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #124
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,766

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    [QUOTE=tres borrachos;1064271592]I can't change the parameters in someone else's poll. Why do you keep posting to me and not to him?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Fascinating. So why do you keep quoting me in your posts?
    The reason I've quoted is the sub-plot you and others weave into the question at hand yet pretend the man's race has nothing to do with why you don't like him. Exhibit A:

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos
    The Obama Presidency is proof that the country wasn't ready for an under-qualified community organizer who was elected because of a rock star image instead of any legitimate leadership, economic, or foreign policy expertise.
    While it true that people will vote for a candidate they find "likeable," they also vote for candidates they consider to be honest, trustworthy, credible, and "qualified" for the job. Now, per Art. II, sect. 1 of the U.S. Constitution, what are those qualifications:

    a) Natural-born U.S. citizen

    b) 35 yrs of age

    c) 4 yr U.S. resident

    That's it! Nothing more, nothing less. We tag on all the rest, i.e. "executive experience, foreign policy experience" mainly because historical experience for one elected to the highest office in the land has shown that the more such experience such a person has the better capable he (or she) is to lead the country on both a foreign and domestic front. This has more to do with the President being both an Ambassador for foreign trade agreements and acting as Commander-in-Chief to our military should (and when) the need arises. But nothing in the Constitution requires a person elected to the Presidency to have executive or foreign policy experience. It's nice - a BIG plus - if he/she does, but it's not a requirement. But this is why I've tagged you because of the continued "Community Organizer" criticism. The man was likable and his community service credentials (in the eyes of many) gave him "common man appeal" which to be honest was (and remains) something this country needed especially with all the talk (especially coming from the Right) about "elitists" and crony capitalism.

    So, let's not pretend that the sub-plots are nothing more than a smoke screen to deflect from hidden prejudicial views.
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 02-03-15 at 06:53 PM.
    "A fair exchange ain't no robbery." Tupac Shakur w/Digital Underground

  5. #125
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I'm pushing 60 and despite some things I disagree with Obama on, in my opinion, he is the best president I remember in my lifetime. At least my bank account thinks so. As well as the US enjoying more liberty today than it ever has. (Not to mention he is a bad-ass terrorist killin' mo' fo'.) To me, these are GOOD things.

    So, knowing that, I can only ASSUME he is hated so badly by The President's Hater's Club, because of his skin color. Of course, they will never admit it. They can't even admit it to themselves. But, that being said, I still prefer not to assume. So, I will just sit back and enjoy watching all his hater's gnash their teeth and spew their propaganda-washed minds. I get pleasure in that.

    I need to get out more. LOL!
    The ones who "hate" Obama seem to hate Joe Biden and Harry Reid as well. I guess they must hate black AND white people.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #126
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I'm pushing 60 and despite some things I disagree with Obama on, in my opinion, he is the best president I remember in my lifetime. At least my bank account thinks so. As well as the US enjoying more liberty today than it ever has.
    In what way has Obama increased our liberty?

    So, knowing that, I can only ASSUME he is hated so badly by The President's Hater's Club, because of his skin color.
    Jesus Christ. Whats wrong with you? Seriously. Whats wrong with you? It isn't possible for someone to be so empty headed and simple minded to reach a conclusion like that, so how did you do it? Did people oppose and hate Clinton and Bush because they were black? Use your head, dude.

  7. #127
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    In what way has Obama increased our liberty?

    Jesus Christ. Whats wrong with you? Seriously. Whats wrong with you? It isn't possible for someone to be so empty headed and simple minded to reach a conclusion like that, so how did you do it? Did people oppose and hate Clinton and Bush because they were black? Use your head, dude.
    Gnash, gnash, gnash! I absolutely LOVE it.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #128
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    When she suggested that people voted based on skin color, which is not merit.
    You honestly think people don't vote based upon skin color?? Let me guess, you think only racist whites vote AGAINST Obama because he is black, but high minded liberals don't vote for him because hes black.

  9. #129
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post

    The reason I've quoted is the sub-plot you and others weave into the question at hand yet pretend the man's race has nothing to do with why you don't like him. Exhibit A:



    While it true that people will vote for a candidate they find "likeable," they also vote for candidates they consider to be honest, trustworthy, credible, and "qualified" for the job. Now, per Art. II, sect. 1 of the U.S. Constitution, what are those qualifications:

    a) Natural-born U.S. citizen

    b) 35 yrs of age

    c) 4 yr U.S. resident

    That's it! Nothing more, nothing less. We tag on all the rest, i.e. "executive experience, foreign policy experience" mainly because historical experience for one elected to the highest office in the land has shown that the more such experience such a person has the better capable he (or she) is to lead the country on both a foreign and domestic front. This has more to do with the President being both an Ambassador for foreign trade agreements and acting as Commander-in-Chief to our military should (and when) the need arises. But nothing in the Constitution requires a person elected to the Presidency to have executive or foreign policy experience. It's nice - a BIG plus - if he/she does, but it's not a requirement.
    Yes, I get it....you voted for Obama. That was your right. You need to stop defending your vote to me. I don't care. I love that we're all free to vote for whomever we choose and don't need to justify it.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #130
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Gnash, gnash, gnash! I absolutely LOVE it.
    So you were just trolling then. Sorry, I thought you were a serious poster. I wont make that mistake again.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •