View Poll Results: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    9 8.33%
  • No

    99 91.67%
Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 288

Thread: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black Pres? [W:222]

  1. #111
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    personal. Doing three things at once. And you're making excuses for republican loses no matter who you voted for.
    What excuses did I make for the Republican losses? Are you confusing me with someone else?

    The Republicans lost because they didn't do a good job of delivering a message that sold. They aren't the first party to lose elections and won't be the last.

    None of that changes the fact that some people voted for Obama because he's black. Just like some people voted in his primary elections in 2008 for Hillary Clinton because she's a woman.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #112
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's when you find the responsible party to be a really likeable guy.
    Or when you apply human traits to personality.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  3. #113
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by 11Bravo View Post
    AMEN.

    If we actually LOOKED at Hillary's resume, this is what it says:

    Rich, lying, elitist 1%er with offshore bank accounts. She was FIRED from the Watergate investigation for lying. Her sec. of state run was a historically awful one, resulting in the foreign policy failures and her resignation.

    But heck, she's a woman and the people don't give a crap about the rest!
    Liberals don't anyhow. They're not that bright, they only care how you look on TV and whether you check off the right politically correct boxes.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #114
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Obama just shows that US is never ready for a bad president. Skin color doesn't matter.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    60 million people disagree.

    And are you denying that some people voted for him simply because he is half black, and that was an historic vote, as jdubya said?
    I know a lot of people personally who voted for him only because he was black. I have friends who have never voted in their lives, yet registered just to vote for a black president. Anyone saying this didn't happen is an idiot.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #116
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What excuses did I make for the Republican losses? Are you confusing me with someone else?

    The Republicans lost because they didn't do a good job of delivering a message that sold. They aren't the first party to lose elections and won't be the last.

    None of that changes the fact that some people voted for Obama because he's black. Just like some people voted in his primary elections in 2008 for Hillary Clinton because she's a woman.
    Yes, you are making excuses. You mitigate their failure by suggesting that if people voted other than by race, republicans would have won. You also suggest a black man couldn't win on merit. This is racist. Again, using the very vague word some allows a hint at reasoning without accuracy to back it up. 5 people would be some, but would have no bearing on anything. As I said, while it was likely more than 5, the number that did has no significant bearing on anything. So throwing that out there is a very questionable tactic.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #117
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,813

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    It has been said repeatedly by some over the years that the United States is not ready for a black President. Is the Obama Presidency proof of this?
    America in general was ready, the majority of people were ready . . .
    Whether a person likes him or not the fact remains Obama got elected twice by his ability to bring people together and unite races among NORMAL people.

    now that aside what it did do along the lines of race . . . .it the people that ALREADY had a problem with race (all colors) on fire and made them lose thier **** and go off the deep end. It was both sad and halarious at the same time. THey are still losing thier **** now and many of the same people are losing thier **** over equal rights for gays.

    anyway so again, it actually proved that AMERICA is read but we still have work to do because there are still many people (squeaky wheels, media whores etc) that do have a serious problem with race . . . but they dont reflect the majority of america
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #118
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    I'm pushing 60 and despite some things I disagree with Obama on, in my opinion, he is the best president I remember in my lifetime. At least my bank account thinks so. As well as the US enjoying more liberty today than it ever has. (Not to mention he is a bad-ass terrorist killin' mo' fo'.) To me, these are GOOD things.

    So, knowing that, I can only ASSUME he is hated so badly by The President's Hater's Club, because of his skin color. Of course, they will never admit it. They can't even admit it to themselves. But, that being said, I still prefer not to assume. So, I will just sit back and enjoy watching all his hater's gnash their teeth and spew their propaganda-washed minds. I get pleasure in that.

    I need to get out more. LOL!
    Last edited by Captain America; 02-03-15 at 06:48 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #119
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,273

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Yes, you are making excuses. You mitigate their failure by suggesting that if people voted other than by race, republicans would have won. You also suggest a black man couldn't win on merit. This is racist. Again, using the very vague word some allows a hint at reasoning without accuracy to back it up. 5 people would be some, but would have no bearing on anything. As I said, while it was likely more than 5, the number that did has no significant bearing on anything. So throwing that out there is a very questionable tactic.
    Where did she suggest that a 'black man couldn't win on merit?' The only one that seems to be suggesting that is you. And for the record, stating that many blacks voted for Obama because he was black is not a racist statement.

  10. #120
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,700

    Re: Is the Obama Presidency proof that the U.S. is not ready for a black President?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post
    `
    If Obama could walk on water, the political right would say "he can't swim." Why? I look at this this way, Obama is also called "Bush II" or sometimes "Bush Lite." He's more conservative than Bush and had implicitly adopted many Bush policies. Still, the political right hates him. I can only come to one conclusion as to why; Race.
    You CHOOSE to come to one conclusion. Race. Because its the conclusion you want.
    Where whites that didnt like George Bush racist? Where blacks?
    Are these folks racist?


    There will always be racist people. And there will always be people that are desperate to see racists.

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •