View Poll Results: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    34 75.56%
  • No

    11 24.44%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

  1. #31
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,105

    Re: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    Thanks. I had already read them tho.
    But you conveniently neglected to post them. I believe this is called cherry-picking.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    But you conveniently neglected to post them. I believe this is called cherry-picking.
    I think I may have posted something from at least one of the pieces. Mr Cohen has said some pretty heavy duty stuff. I quoted him verbatim and chose what I thought relevant. Again, I would have actually posted links so that people could read the pieces at length, but first of all many people would not, next of all I knew that the would be a lot of derision here from insincere people so I didn't think it necessary. But like I said, in the future, I will indeed post the links so that anyone who wants can read the whole thing free from any influence of mine. Fair enough?

  3. #33
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,105

    Re: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    I think I may have posted something from at least one of the pieces. Mr Cohen has said some pretty heavy duty stuff. I quoted him verbatim and chose what I thought relevant. Again, I would have actually posted links so that people could read the pieces at length, but first of all many people would not, next of all I knew that the would be a lot of derision here from insincere people so I didn't think it necessary. But like I said, in the future, I will indeed post the links so that anyone who wants can read the whole thing free from any influence of mine. Fair enough?
    Fair indeed. Just be aware that the foreign policy thoughts of Ariel Cohen have within the past five years diverged significantly from his thoughts of over a decade ago.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

  4. #34
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    That's why we have military bases in 150 or so foreign Nations.
    That's interesting. An embassy with a Marine Security detachment is now a military base.

    That's why we have initiated wars in dozens of Nations
    No, we did that not because we were super duper competent (although that is why the US federal government is run so efficiently), but rather because the Skull and Bones Society made a deal with the Templars to do so in revenge against the Catholic Church for suppressing the bloodline of Jesus, which, if it was discovered, would prove he was an alien working with the Roman version of the FBI, who are still running operations from the Vatican.

    Goebbels revealed the use of the MSM as a Machiavellian tool for control and it's working well on your psyche, eh?
    Nah. I'm just not nave enough to believe in grand conspiracy theories .

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleχity View Post
    Fair indeed. Just be aware that the foreign policy thoughts of Ariel Cohen have within the past five years diverged significantly from his thoughts of over a decade ago.
    I think I said it elsewhere, but his harsh criticism of Putin has remained constant over the years.

  6. #36
    Iconoclast
    DaveFagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    wny
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,292

    Re: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    That's interesting. An embassy with a Marine Security detachment is now a military base.



    No, we did that not because we were super duper competent (although that is why the US federal government is run so efficiently), but rather because the Skull and Bones Society made a deal with the Templars to do so in revenge against the Catholic Church for suppressing the bloodline of Jesus, which, if it was discovered, would prove he was an alien working with the Roman version of the FBI, who are still running operations from the Vatican.



    Nah. I'm just not nave enough to believe in grand conspiracy theories .
    CPWILL, ol' buddy, you've given me the best laugh of the year. Do you realize how diametrically opposed
    to reality and facts your statements are? It's the Conspiracy facts that should bother you as I didn't state
    anything else. Just the facts, Jack.

  7. #37
    Black Is Smart
    Van Basten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The New New Frontier
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    4,661

    Re: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

    Because the West is so often portrayed as materialistic and corrupt, many Eurasianists advocate closer cooperation with China, the Arab world, and Iran while espousing anti-Turkic rhetoric.
    Lmao, well, perception is reality.

    And they wonder why they suffer.
    "We have more responsibility than power, I think. The newspaper can create great controversies, stir up arguments within the community or discussion, can throw light on injustices....just as it can do the opposite. It can hide things and be a great power for evil." -- Rupert Murdoch, 1968

  8. #38
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    CPWILL, ol' buddy, you've given me the best laugh of the year. Do you realize how diametrically opposed
    to reality and facts your statements are? It's the Conspiracy facts that should bother you as I didn't state
    anything else. Just the facts, Jack.
    Dude. You claimed that the US overthrew the government of Ukraine. That's not a fact, it's a claim that you base off of "facts" - it's an assignment of meaning that, in fact you chose before you went in hunt of facts to match, and it indicates only that you are fairly nave about the way in which the world actually functions. We are not interested and probably not competent to the machinations that you ascribe to us. There is no super-secret-giant-dominance-plan, man. There is, in fact, currently no plan at all. POTUS isn't really interested in all that "foreign policy stuff", except perhaps for a few mostly symbolic twitches against Israel. That's why we're reactive, it's why we are letting events shape our reaction rather than shaping events.

    But, the idea of folks mostly just muddling through a complex world with unpredictable results and the usually semi-competent application of limited resources to semi-well defined goals doesn't fit well for those who need a simple worldview. That's why conspiracies are so powerful in their appeal. The nave are attracted to them because they offer simple solutions, but really, the notion that the US is behind everything bad is no more intellectually rigorous than the idea that the US is behind everything good.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Last Seen
    08-18-15 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,974

    Re: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

    There is different types of evidence. If we had to rely on direct evidence for everything we would be lost.

  10. #40
    Invictus


    Rogue Valley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,105

    Re: Did the US use democracy as a pretext to stifle the rise of Russia Eurasianism?

    Quote Originally Posted by MildSteel View Post
    There is different types of evidence. If we had to rely on direct evidence for everything we would be lost.
    The direct evidence of Russian involvement in Ukraine is indisputable, yet you say nothing of this and totally ignore it.

    Rather then accept the obvious, you instead search for some indirect bludgeon to hammer the United States. Inexplicable.


    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. -- Marine Corps General James 'Chaos' Mattis

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •