View Poll Results: Who should Clinton's VP be assuming she wins the Democratic Nomination?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Clinton

    41 36.94%
  • Wendy Davis

    4 3.60%
  • Mark Warner

    4 3.60%
  • Joe Biden

    36 32.43%
  • Other (explain)

    26 23.42%
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 178

Thread: Hillary Running Mate?

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    This poll, top to bottom, including Hillary Clinton, shows just how bereft of talent and leadership qualities the Democrat Party today truly is.
    No thinner then those of the Republicans.

    Both parties are offering nothing but one spineless, useless candidate after another.

    The Reps are all too spineless to slash the size of government or balance the budget (except for childish 3 or 5 year plans which mean nothing).

    I was hoping Rand Paul would emulate his father...but he is - at best - a poor facsimile.


    Gary Johnson is the only POTUS candidate that I am aware of who would not actually hurt America TREMENDOUSLY were he elected. And, of course, he never will be as long as he is a Libertarian.

  2. #82
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I say that the Democrats and the Republicans are going to each tug so hard at the Hispanics in an effort to grab their votes that the Hispanics will feel like wishbones (do you know what a wishbone is? it's a bone that two people tug on until it breaks in half) , and you think that translates to "Hispanics are stupid!".

    OMG. Go away, please. Your obnoxious partisan posts make me ill.

    No. What you are still missing is the inherent racism in your post....and you don't even see it. You are assuming that Republicans can make a play for the "latino vote" simply by running a candidate that his married to a latina. That makes the assumption that latinos are too stupid to vote on issues....they only vote on skin color. THAT is exactly the attitude and one of the main reasons why Republicans will continue to lose the votes of minorities in America. They just don't get it......and neither do you.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #83
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Well, in 2008, Obama was half-black, and McCain had a black daughter. Who picked up the black vote?



    They won't. Look for them to run heavy Castro across the purple areas they think Hispanics can swing. It probably won't even be unusual for low-information Hispanics to think he is the Presidential Candidate.

    How ironic is it that those who love to throw around the term "Low information voter" are almost always those who voted for GWB....not once....but twice. LOL....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #84
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No. What you are still missing is the inherent racism in your post....and you don't even see it. You are assuming that Republicans can make a play for the "latino vote" simply by running a candidate that his married to a latina. That makes the assumption that latinos are too stupid to vote on issues....they only vote on skin color. THAT is exactly the attitude and one of the main reasons why Republicans will continue to lose the votes of minorities in America. They just don't get it......and neither do you.
    You post the most idiotic posts in the world. There was no racism in my post. It was a slam on the 2 political parties. Bother someone else with your hyper-partisan moronic posts.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  5. #85
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I say that the Democrats and the Republicans are going to each tug so hard at the Hispanics in an effort to grab their votes that the Hispanics will feel like wishbones (do you know what a wishbone is? it's a bone that two people tug on until it breaks in half) , and you think that translates to "Hispanics are stupid!".

    OMG. Go away, please. Your obnoxious partisan posts make me ill.
    I've noticed a lot of what I highlighted from you lately too tres.
    Up rather late I see--must be hockey.

    Since HRC will be pulled to the left in the primaries, she'll need a moderate to balance the ticket IMHO.
    My first choice is Jon Huntsman--especially since he was a governor.
    I would support Jim Webb, but would prefer a governor.

    Gov. Nixon is damaged goods due to Ferguson.
    Which brings me to Gov. Beshear, of KYnect fame.
    He's term-limited in KY next year and and could bite into the South and Bible belt.

    So you see tres, I hope you guys keep playing the swift-boat card on HRC.

    And for the GOP to keep ****ing up by doing things like inviting Bibi.
    He's now losing in his election and Obama's ratings are up--well-played .
    Physics is Phun

  6. #86
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I've noticed a lot of what I highlighted from you lately too tres.
    Up rather late I see--must be hockey.

    Since HRC will be pulled to the left in the primaries, she'll need a moderate to balance the ticket IMHO.
    My first choice is Jon Huntsman--especially since he was a governor.
    I would support Jim Webb, but would prefer a governor.

    Gov. Nixon is damaged goods due to Ferguson.
    Which brings me to Gov. Beshear, of KYnect fame.
    He's term-limited in KY next year and and could bite into the South and Bible belt.

    So you see tres, I hope you guys keep playing the swift-boat card on HRC.

    And for the GOP to keep ****ing up by doing things like inviting Bibi.
    He's now losing in his election and Obama's ratings are up--well-played .
    2 weeks off the cigs for me Nimby (Chantix...it works!). I'm on here to take my mind off the craving. No Rangers tonight. Tomorrow at 6 pm.

    Don't mention Huntsman. I'm still steaming from 2012. That guy....first politician in years that excited me. I wish he'd come back but it looks like he won't. I think this time he'd actually have a chance in NH too.

    Beshear would actually be an option for Hillary to consider if she opts for the northeast Liberal angle. He could as you said bring southern votes which I think she may otherwise not get.

    Who is the "you guys" who is trying to swift boat Hillary? I have no intention of voting for her, but I also don't criticize her or attack her. Warren, yes...her I criticize. I actually don't dislike Hillary - I don't like her either. I think you could safely say I am sick to death of her though. Same as I feel about McCain.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #87
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Bush will crassly parade his wife and mixed-race children in front of Hispanic audiences, as well as TV and radio.
    Just as De Blasio did in running for Mayor of New York.
    Bush's son Prescott was elected to Texas Land Commissioner, long a stepping stone to the governor's mansion.

    So let's cut through the Bull****.
    Just as African-Americans wanted one of "theirs" as President, Hispanics will feel the same way for a First Lady or VP.
    Which is why I'm surprised that neither Governor Sandoval nor Martinez are taken seriously as VP material for the GOPs .

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    No. What you are still missing is the inherent racism in your post....and you don't even see it. You are assuming that Republicans can make a play for the "latino vote" simply by running a candidate that his married to a latina. That makes the assumption that latinos are too stupid to vote on issues....they only vote on skin color. THAT is exactly the attitude and one of the main reasons why Republicans will continue to lose the votes of minorities in America. They just don't get it......and neither do you.
    Physics is Phun

  8. #88
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    2 weeks off the cigs for me Nimby (Chantix...it works!).
    I'm on here to take my mind off the craving. No Rangers tonight. Tomorrow at 6 pm.
    I'm gonna have to try that stuff.
    A hockey movie called Youngblood just started on cable--I don't know if I'll stay with it yet.

    Don't mention Huntsman. I'm still steaming from 2012. That guy....first politician in years that excited me.
    What a coup it would be to get Huntsman.
    And he has a great family too.
    I wish he'd come back but it looks like he won't. I think this time he'd actually have a chance in NH too.
    The problem with NH is IA.
    They've gone completely off the deep end with Rep. Steve 'cantaloupes' King and Sen. Joni 'castrates' Ernst.

    Do I have to call you an Ernst girl now that Palin's been hung out to dry by the GOP?
    Physics is Phun

  9. #89
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    I'm gonna have to try that stuff.
    A hockey movie called Youngblood just started on cable--I don't know if I'll stay with it yet.


    What a coup it would be to get Huntsman.
    And he has a great family too.

    The problem with NH is IA.
    They've gone completely off the deep end with Rep. Steve 'cantaloupes' King and Sen. Joni 'castrates' Ernst.

    Do I have to call you an Ernst girl now that Palin's been hung out to dry by the GOP?
    Youngblood with Rob Lowe & Patrick Swayze! I love that movie. My husband loves it because Cynthia Gibb is topless in the bedroom scene. It's a good movie and actually very realistic.

    Iowa sucks. Don't get me started on them. They need to bow out and let NH decide. They are out of control in Iowa.

    Huntsman is a really great man.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  10. #90
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,180

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    No thinner then those of the Republicans.

    Both parties are offering nothing but one spineless, useless candidate after another.

    The Reps are all too spineless to slash the size of government or balance the budget (except for childish 3 or 5 year plans which mean nothing).

    I was hoping Rand Paul would emulate his father...but he is - at best - a poor facsimile.


    Gary Johnson is the only POTUS candidate that I am aware of who would not actually hurt America TREMENDOUSLY were he elected. And, of course, he never will be as long as he is a Libertarian.
    I can't agree with you, but that's what makes politics fun.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •