View Poll Results: Who should Clinton's VP be assuming she wins the Democratic Nomination?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Clinton

    41 36.94%
  • Wendy Davis

    4 3.60%
  • Mark Warner

    4 3.60%
  • Joe Biden

    36 32.43%
  • Other (explain)

    26 23.42%
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 178

Thread: Hillary Running Mate?

  1. #151
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Thanks.

    They do have their bases but I don't think their bases are large enough even when combined. The media would like it but I think it would be a hard sell for most Americans, and I think the moderates would stay home in droves.
    I believe that their bases are pretty much the same.

    The "base" is typically those towards either extreme, who are very politically active, make contributions, and vote nearly 100% of the time. Those people always vote for the candidate that their party selects, regardless of if that candidate is extreme enough for them.

    Nearly ALL liberals think that Clinton is a moderate, and most moderates thing she is a moderate. Warren would be more to most liberals liking (however would lose the moderate vote), but Clinton is close enough to a liberal to get the base vote, plus she will draw in a heck of a lot of moderates, centrists, and those who are just slightly liberal, plus all the women voters who desire to cast a vote for a woman, regardless of lean.

    I fully expect a moderate republican candidate as republicans realize that Romney lost the election by pandering to the rich (and assumably far rightwing). Even when he tried to present himself as a moderate during the debates, it was too little too late. Assuming that Clinton get's nominated, both parties will be chasing the moderate vote hard. Moderates are going tho chose sides, and show up in large numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  2. #152
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,435

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Thanks.

    They do have their bases but I don't think their bases are large enough even when combined. The media would like it but I think it would be a hard sell for most Americans, and I think the moderates would stay home in droves.
    Sometimes I think moderates have no idea how much power they hold.


    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Probably less formidable than Clinton/anyone-else-of-merit.

    All dems need to get 100% of the liberal vote is to have a democrat to vote for, and all they need to do to get close to 100% of the women swing vote is to a woman. Having two democrat women on the ticket adds no additional voting sector.
    Warren would get them the Native American vote.


    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    Regardless, if either of those candidates was on the ticket, that ticket would get all of the voters who have a propensity to vote for a woman democrat. In otherwords, either of those candidates would gain 100% of the base for both of them, so having both on the same ticket adds nothing.

    I assume that Warren is perceived as being quite a bit more liberal than Clinton (maybe I'm wrong about that), but Clinton is liberal enough for nearly all democrats, that if she is on any ticket in the general election, she would still bring in the far lefties.
    I think that aspect is more overplayed than real. It depends on who they are. Two liberal women, who ostensibly would be more sympathetic to all, could do well.


    Quote Originally Posted by DaveFagan View Post
    I would have no problem voting for Warren, but if Hilary is on the ticket, it's a no-go.
    Hilary is responsible for the debacle in Libya. It has created a deathly morass for
    millions of people. It was done under false pretenses as much as Iraq and I've had
    enough of lies.
    Warren intrigues me. More than once she has said something against the government establishment that got me excited. Other times she falls right in with the same old political claptrap. I don't know what to think of her just yet.

    Only way I could vote for Clinton would be if her opponent were someone like Michele "Bat Scheit Crazy" Bachmann.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  3. #153
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    I think that aspect is more overplayed than real. It depends on who they are. Two liberal women, who ostensibly would be more sympathetic to all, could do well.
    There are a lot of guys, who may be open minded to voting for a woman (either POTUS or VP), but no so open minded that they would accept an all woman ticket. I think that two women would cost the ticket far more of those votes, than a Gal/Guy or a Guy/Gal ticket would. All the ticket needs is just one woman to bring in the moderate female voter, two would probably cost more votes than having one woman would gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #154
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,435

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    There are a lot of guys, who may be open minded to voting for a woman (either POTUS or VP), but no so open minded that they would accept an all woman ticket. I think that two women would cost the ticket far more of those votes, than a Gal/Guy or a Guy/Gal ticket would. All the ticket needs is just one woman to bring in the moderate female voter, two would probably cost more votes than having one woman would gain.
    Possibly. Though I could see some progressive male voters salivating over an all-female ticket just to prove how progressive they are.

    Not the sole reason I think it could work, of course. I think an all-female ticket would be accepted by black and some Hispanics more easily than a male/female if the male is the Pres candidate and the female is the VP candidate.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #155
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Michael Moore would go well with Hillary.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #156
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,435

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Michael Moore would go well with Hillary.
    He'd probably crush her.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  7. #157
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    He'd probably crush her.
    No, they'd crush the competition........................unless Christie runs.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #158
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,157

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Ironically, Republicans are now looking to fall in love, while Democrats are now looking to nominate the person whose "turn" it is.
    excellent observation
    hillary is a dino
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #159
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,584

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    excellent observation
    hillary is a dino
    I heard that she started going to the gym again. Here's proof:

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  10. #160
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    I believe that their bases are pretty much the same.

    The "base" is typically those towards either extreme, who are very politically active, make contributions, and vote nearly 100% of the time. Those people always vote for the candidate that their party selects, regardless of if that candidate is extreme enough for them.

    Nearly ALL liberals think that Clinton is a moderate, and most moderates thing she is a moderate. Warren would be more to most liberals liking (however would lose the moderate vote), but Clinton is close enough to a liberal to get the base vote, plus she will draw in a heck of a lot of moderates, centrists, and those who are just slightly liberal, plus all the women voters who desire to cast a vote for a woman, regardless of lean.

    I fully expect a moderate republican candidate as republicans realize that Romney lost the election by pandering to the rich (and assumably far rightwing). Even when he tried to present himself as a moderate during the debates, it was too little too late. Assuming that Clinton get's nominated, both parties will be chasing the moderate vote hard. Moderates are going tho chose sides, and show up in large numbers.
    I know some women here in NH who voted for Hillary in our primary in 2008 simply because she's a woman, and no other reason. She could kill their cats and they'd still vote for her. They're salivating at the prospect of voting for her in 2016.

    I think Hillary is a pretty moderate candidate. I think her husband was moderate as well, which IMO is part of the reason for his success.

    Warren's base is.....I don't know. I can't describe them and won't try to.

    Hillary adding Warren to her ticket assuming she is on the ticket wouldn't add value for Hillary.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •