View Poll Results: Who should Clinton's VP be assuming she wins the Democratic Nomination?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bill Clinton

    41 36.94%
  • Wendy Davis

    4 3.60%
  • Mark Warner

    4 3.60%
  • Joe Biden

    36 32.43%
  • Other (explain)

    26 23.42%
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 178

Thread: Hillary Running Mate?

  1. #101
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Sorry...but you are wrong. Latinos are not stupid like you are insinuating. They vote for people based on issues just like white people do (gasp....I know its hard to believe). Very few are going to vote for Bush because he married a Latina. Sorry....give non-whites a little more credit.
    True I think of all voters however a Latino on the ticket would make a strong statement in support of Latino inclusion considering the current attitudes and actions toward Latinos in certain political circles and would likely affect turnout is nothing else. Plus, there's something about being a "first time in history" that seems to energize people.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  2. #102
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Corey Booker. But if she can find a knockout gay Latina, that may work as well.

  3. #103
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanSlug View Post
    Assuming she pulls off the nomination, she should ask Elizabeth Warren to consider the idea.
    I doubt that an all women ticket would add anymore voters to her total. Her running mate needs to be someone who will add to her electorial college vote total.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  4. #104
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    Julian Castro or Antonio Villaraigosa. The Latino vote is the rising influence in American politics.
    I dunno either of them, but if they would appeal to the latino vote, either would be a good strategic choice, particularly if the republican ticket has someone who will also appeal to the latino vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  5. #105
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Actually Republicans are looking pretty good right now for talent. Rubio is probably the best communicator of either party likely to run, Walker and Jindal have the best records, and in the second tier Christie, Bush, and Paul have all demonstrated an ability to reach out and connect solidly with voters. Hard for a voter to connect with Clinton.Inc
    It's not hard at all for liberal or swing/moderate voters to connect with the Clintons. I dunno why you would say that.

    One of the people who I am dining with tonight is a huge Obama basher, but has already committed to voting for Hillary if she runs. My wife, who is a moderate has already decided to vote for Hillary.

    Only a stanch republican or conservative would claim that voters don't connect with the Clintons. Heck, her hubby proved you wrong by being elected twice! I think you see through biased glasses, you should take them off sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  6. #106
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The USA has already had all of the Bush's in the White House that it will ever have.

    Wait and see.
    Yup.

    Three Bush terms, three wars, three recessions, and the worst terrorist attack in history on US soil. Doesn't look good for the Bush legacy.

    Of course I also suspect that Hillary will only extent the Clinton legacy to three terms. I think she will be elected, the economy will turn sour (just out of the law of averages), and the swing voter will swing to the right.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  7. #107
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I have more faith in the intelligence of the American people - if the race comes down to Bush/Clinton, I'm quite confident the American people will make the "right" choice this time.
    I dunno about the "right" choice, but risking another new war and another recession, by electing another Bush, isn't exactly making me enthusiastic about the chances of another Bush term.

    In the US, it's the people who rarely vote (the lower income voter), and the mid-middle class swing voters who decide elections, and most of those people aren't exactly "pro-recession or pro-war".
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  8. #108
    Villiage Idiot
    imagep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,567

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    If she choses one of them (which is possible), and her opponent is Jeb, the Hispanics will feel like wishbones very quickly with the way they will be vying for the votes.

    I wonder who is going after the boring old white person vote?
    Both parties, by selecting a mainstream candidate, such as Clinton or Bush. Both of these candidates appeal to boring white people, but Clinton has an edge by also appealing to the woman voter of all races.
    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    ...I'm not interested in debating someone who is trolling for an argument....
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I see a big problem with the idea that whatever the majority wants is OK.

  9. #109
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Last Seen
    02-08-17 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,639

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Its gotta be castro

  10. #110
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,073

    Re: Hillary Running Mate?

    Quote Originally Posted by imagep View Post
    It's not hard at all for liberal or swing/moderate voters to connect with the Clintons. I dunno why you would say that.
    Because I am not confusing "Bill" with the machine that is Hillary Clinton Inc. One of these is probably the greatest retail politician of his generation. The other is a tone-deaf money machine that has to spend months of focus groups and advisors trying to figure out why it is running for president.

    One of the people who I am dining with tonight is a huge Obama basher, but has already committed to voting for Hillary if she runs. My wife, who is a moderate has already decided to vote for Hillary.
    Because?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •