Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: What Is Causing Police Corruption?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-26-17 @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,697

    Re: What Is Causing Police Corruption?

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    It seems that with the advent of the camera-phone, police are being shown to engage in criminal behavior far more frequently than ever before. I can only think of three things.

    1) Cameraphones affect a cop's brain causing them to be more corrupt when on film.

    2) Police have always had a high level of corruption, but cameraphones allows it to be caught on camera.

    3) The police departments have bloated budgets so they hire any droog off the street to fill their rosters.

    4) Cops have too much time on their hands and so they engage in corruption for excitement.
    Troll on brother man, troll on.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: What Is Causing Police Corruption?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    I wonder what would happen if phones were trained on the average police day by day action instead of hyping up the few bad apples?
    That would make an excellent campaign for the police. Distribute body cam footage of cops doing good things, like the stories you hear of police feeding the homeless.

  3. #33
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,044
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Is Causing Police Corruption?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
    I wonder what would happen if phones were trained on the average police day by day action instead of hyping up the few bad apples?
    In case you haven't noticed police forces across the nation are aggressively opposed to putting cameras on police so that their day to day actions cannot be recorded. Instead of "hyping a few bad apples" could it be because the average cop is a bad apple? Why do you think so many police forces across the nations are opposed to the very thing you suggest? Could it be that there are more than just a few bad apples at this point?
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  4. #34
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: What Is Causing Police Corruption?

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    In case you haven't noticed police forces across the nation are aggressively opposed to putting cameras on police so that their day to day actions cannot be recorded. Instead of "hyping a few bad apples" could it be because the average cop is a bad apple? Why do you think so many police forces across the nations are opposed to the very thing you suggest? Could it be that there are more than just a few bad apples at this point?
    When someone approaches you with a camera, how do you feel?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #35
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,044
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What Is Causing Police Corruption?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    When someone approaches you with a camera, how do you feel?
    Fine. Also every call I take at work is monitored and recorded. Although I have to enjoy the misnomomer of "approached". The vast majority of recordings that take place are people just walking by and turning on their cameraphones and has nothing to do with cops being approached in any way.
    Trump Attacked A Syrian Airfield. Trump will be a one-term president.

  6. #36
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: What Is Causing Police Corruption?

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    In case you haven't noticed police forces across the nation are aggressively opposed to putting cameras on police so that their day to day actions cannot be recorded. Instead of "hyping a few bad apples" could it be because the average cop is a bad apple? Why do you think so many police forces across the nations are opposed to the very thing you suggest? Could it be that there are more than just a few bad apples at this point?
    Some are opposed to it, some are in favor. I have read several instances of police who think cameras are a good idea. A local news station interviewed an officer just last week who was raving about how they are a good idea because they help protect him from false accusations.

    From what I can tell, this is an issue that is split within LE.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •