View Poll Results: Is the Democratic Party communist?

Voters
2712. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the 10 pillars of communism align with the core beliefs of the dems

    8 0.29%
  • No, they might be similar but there are minor differences

    2,704 99.71%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 90

Thread: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

  1. #61
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,480
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    At the end of the second section, Proletarians and Communists. Word for word.

    On topic, the Democratic Party espouses a watered-down version of Marxism. It takes inspirations from the ideology's core tenets, just as all forms of progressivism do. Its class-warfare rhetoric is undeniably Marxist in origin. However some of the party's policies have been compromised from where dedicated Marxists would like them. I'd also wager that the race/feminist theory that comes out of the Dems' far left faction is purely Marxist. It even has momentum in the "moderate" echelons of the party.

    The Democrats have worked to implement most of the original planks of communism. That's a fact. An uncomfortable fact, but a fact nonetheless. What's also a fact is that the Dems are collectivists and for big government, at essence.
    Yep. So are the Republicans. They're both in the same business, the government business, and both want to increase the business. Hell, Dubya created a whole new Department, with umpteen new bureaucrats and a horde of new employees.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  2. #62
    Student Cavendish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 04:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    269

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Mal View Post
    Yep. So are the Republicans. They're both in the same business, the government business, and both want to increase the business. Hell, Dubya created a whole new Department, with umpteen new bureaucrats and a horde of new employees.
    I agree with ya. The neocons love big government. The movement was founded by ex-Trotskyists after all. Adherents of republican principles and the Founders, however, do not.
    It was not part of their blood,
    It came to them very late,
    With long arrears to make good,
    When the Saxon began to hate.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I present you the 10 pillars of communism, as outlined by Karl Marx himself in The Communist Manifesto. As you can see, these are pretty much the talking points of the Democratic Party in the United States today.


    1. Abolition of private property in land and application of all rents of land to public purpose.

    2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

    3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

    4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

    5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

    6. Centralization of the means of communication and transportation in the hands of the state.

    7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

    8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of Industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

    9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.

    10. Free education for all children in government schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc. etc.



    This list could have come right out of President Obama's state of the union speech. What do you think, is the modern Democratic Party very closely aligned with the core beliefs of communism or what?
    Perhaps in rhetoric, but the Democratic Party gets their money from the corporate and wall street elitist that the Republicans do. They like the Republicans have to take care of their big money donors with perks and legislation. Only in rhetoric are the two parties different. Both are business as usual parties.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Sure you did. What page can this "10 pillars" be found in the manifesto? Because it seems like your list is from here The Ten Planks of the Communist Manifesto by Karl Marx Just so happens to be in the exact order... Coincidence?
    ..
    LMAO check the section "Proletarians and Communists." That's where you're gonna find it. You're welcome for educating you on your own political ideology.

    Tell me something, what drew you to socialism? Did it seem like a cool thing to claim, or what's the story? Legit interest.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,028

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    That's where you're wrong. We would be straight up communists. The reason being, the dems push us further and further in that direction every time they win an election. And as the country moves further to the left.... so do they!

    Like a pair of cement shoes, they're always dragging us down.
    The democrats might be a whole lot of things, communists they are not.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #66
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,410

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    That's where you're wrong. We would be straight up communists. The reason being, the dems push us further and further in that direction every time they win an election. And as the country moves further to the left.... so do they!

    Like a pair of cement shoes, they're always dragging us down.
    Do you honestly believe this crap?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cavendish View Post
    At the end of the second section, Proletarians and Communists. Word for word.

    On topic, the Democratic Party espouses a watered-down version of Marxism. It takes inspirations from the ideology's core tenets, just as all forms of progressivism do. Its class-warfare rhetoric is undeniably Marxist in origin. However some of the party's policies have been compromised from where dedicated Marxists would like them. I'd also wager that the race/feminist theory that comes out of the Dems' far left faction is purely Marxist. It even has momentum in the "moderate" echelons of the party.

    The Democrats have worked to implement most of the original planks of communism. That's a fact. An uncomfortable fact, but a fact nonetheless. What's also a fact is that the Dems are collectivists and for big government, at essence.
    Thank you sir, and you are spot on. It's amusing to me that so-called "socialists" aren't even familiar with the communist manifesto. That's like a conservative who has never read the constitution.

    Every democrat should read the communist manifesto so that they can be familiar with the underpinnings of their ideology and at least speak intelligently about it. Just as, every conservative American should read the constitution so that they can similarly be intellectually armed with the work that underpins their ideology.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Do you honestly believe this crap?
    Look at JFK's platform. If you take what he says line for line, he would be considered a Republican by today's standards. But he was a Democrat during his time. That's because the Democratic Party has shifted to the left.

    There used to be people in the United States who were openly communist. They mostly fomented their ideology in labor unions and schools. After the Cold War started and the big red scare, these people went underground. Now, the labor unions and schools veer heavily "democrat," in fact they form the backbone of the democratic party, steering it constantly to the left.... but never so much at one time to where the communist-weary public might turn on them.

  9. #69
    Question authority
    Grand Mal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    on an island off the left coast of Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,480
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?[W:23]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Well, wasn't sure if you'd double down on the falsehoods, but you managed.
    Gotta be trolling. Gotta be. No one could be that wrong, that loud without trying to be.
    "I did not mean that Conservatives are generally stupid people. I meant that stupid people are generally Conservatives."
    -John Stuart Mill-

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Is the Democratic Party Marxist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    The democrats might be a whole lot of things, communists they are not.
    Europe is full of communists. Let's stick to what you know. In the United States, the communists have to "soften" their agenda because the American Public would never accept outright Soviet-style communism. But the core belief is still there, underpinning the Democratic Party. In Western Europe, the idea of communism is not as taboo, therefore you have more open socialism.

    Don't think for a minute, though, that if Nancy Pelosi had her way, America wouldn't move far to the left of even Europe.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •